Author Topic: mk2singh - mk2 1.3 Ryder  (Read 22968 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
mk2singh - mk2 1.3 Ryder
« on: 10 October 2005, 11:56 »
here you go:
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline mk2singh

• GTI forum regular
Mk2Singh - Mk2 Golf
« Reply #1 on: 10 October 2005, 16:21 »
hello all,
heres my 1991 golf mk2 1.3 ryder!.would have loved a gti but cant afford it bcus im only18 lol. but im slowly making this one to look like a gti  :cool:.
heres a pic of what it looked like when i first got it:

very standard! da guy who had it had no clue abt da car at all! it had gti clocks already installed so im not sure hw much mileage da da engine really has dun :undecided: but hopefully it shud get me thru a couple of years!

hers a pic of the back:

dis is a photoshop of what i want it to look like when its finished, not too sure abt the flush tailgate rather like a smaller recess insted:

smaller recess:

cant wait till its all finished! lol
« Last Edit: 29 August 2012, 21:37 by mk2singh »

Offline mk2singh

• GTI forum regular
Re: mk2singh - mk2 1.3 Ryder
« Reply #2 on: 10 October 2005, 16:58 »
more pics from when i first got it

the dash:

view from the boot:
« Last Edit: 09 September 2006, 13:42 by mk2singh »

Offline mk2singh

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 16 October 2005, 18:23 »
let the modifications begin! i am going for the smooth/ GTI look so i needed to get hold off the 90 spec GTI bumpers, luckily ma boy Blue had some along with a single headlight grille! bought them and started modding! i didnt put the bumpers on straight away as they are unpainted and i wanted to cut out the fog lamp holes cus the bumpers r after market ones, not genuine.

« Last Edit: 09 September 2006, 13:42 by mk2singh »

Offline mk2singh

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 16 October 2005, 18:29 »
i started work on the bumpers. i want to paint the whole of the bumper as i dont like the texture on the top half, so i began rubbing it down and then filled in the number plate recess on the front bumper for the smooth look:

started with a layer of P40 fibreglass:

then a smooth layer of P38 filler:

then i primed it up

looked good but then i decided to smooth out the groove's on both bumpers so i rubbed it down, again!! and now i am filling in the grooves. will update on them l8r.

Offline mk2singh

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 16 October 2005, 18:34 »
the badges on the back had to go! so i pulled them off and attacked the paint work with sand paper! i then dished in the metal around the three lil holes where the "golf" badge was to make a slight dent to get the filler level for when i sand it down.

Offline mk2singh

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 16 October 2005, 18:42 »
needed to lower the dub but i didnt want to spend alot of money buyin a full kit as its only a 1.3! lol. so i bought sum ventura 40mm springs from euro car parts. good quality and TUV approved! carried out the work my self so i can learn which is the best way to go. had the car slammed in no time! :cool:

decked 40mm  :cool:

Offline mk2singh

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 04 November 2005, 22:42 »
got hold of a GTI steering wheel from ma m8 whose got a gti, and a visit to a scrapyrd and come back wiv a leather gear gaitor too! also got ma kenwood 6x9's in and kenwood head unit.
i put the 6x9's in the orginal shelf and covered the shelf with acoustic carpet to make it look like a flat stealth shelf.

Offline mk2singh

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 04 November 2005, 22:46 »
old update on the car- fitted a locking solenoid in my boot door and wired it up to a button on the dash so nw i can smooth of the lock from the boot plinth. its jus wicked, m8s were amazed lol.

Offline mk2singh

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 04 November 2005, 22:52 »
finished off smoothing the back panel underneath the boot, paint didnt cum out gd enuf still needs buffing up but was a gd first attempt. you can still see the outline of the filler from certain angles so gonna rub it dwn again and use the thicker primer and flatten it properly. also got rid of my wing aerial and filled n smoothed the whole but ended up paintin the whole of top half of wing which was a piss take. and also that needs buffing up to make it match properly with G3.

back update: