Author Topic: StuDubs - mk2 8v "ebay special racer"  (Read 12364 times)

Offline Stu.750

• I live here
  • MMMMMMM Rust my favourite
Re: StuDubs - mk2 8v "ebay special racer"
« Reply #10 on: 03 May 2005, 01:28 »
After workin myself Daft over the last few weeks my car is nowhere near finished inters is 5 days away and it looks like its not goin to happen  :cry: had lots of trouble with parts turning up on time chasing Ebay sellers about and missing cheques , its been a really hard time and its annoyed me to hell , been strugglein with a few things but now im back im goin to have it  :evil:

Offline Stu.750

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 21 May 2005, 10:06 »
Been So busy of late , end of year exams and lots of work to be handed in , first off ive finished my foundation ear at university with a 61% average , now thats out the way i can concentrate on the golf and gettin it somewhere near road legal , Me and 6 friends have started renting a garage locally 1800 square feet of garage to be exact so hopefully if i manage to get the hubs soon i can get the golf down there , no pics again , with any luck next update will be a bit more productive.  :wink:

Offline Stu.750

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 02 June 2005, 17:35 »
Well last time i reported on my car the coilovers were on there way , guess what , theyve not turned up so it lookslike im going to have to go down the spring n shocks route , like many of you might have read ive just opened up a graage so my little project will be moving there onces its got some wishbones and hubs back on it , hopefully sometime soon , im getting annoyed at how little progress the car is currently making and its all down to lack of funds  :cry: with any luck this should change very soon and the car will start prgressing at a decent pace ,
 Cant have "fielder" out on track before me  :grin:

Offline Stu.750

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 11 July 2005, 18:32 »
Well im back , ive been offline recently to a computer/flight of stairs based incident that redered mine Fooked

Anyways my golf, well its all gone a bit silly , the engines out , the suspensions off , all the windows are out(again) , its on its side and im currently taking off the fuel and brake lines then its time to strip off all the underseal , ive bought 2 new front wings and repaired the rear wheel arch , going to start stripping the engine soon clean it all up n paint it , ive decided that if  im going to build this car then i might aswell do it properly. also decided on a colour

Offline Stu.750

• I live here
THE END (please feel free to cry)
« Reply #14 on: 25 July 2005, 18:10 »
Hey everyone , well this is my last post in the project section as loads of you will know i was renting a garage with 6 other lads in swansea , well its all gone tits in a supser massive way , one of the lads has dropped out toopen a pub, anoth lads dads buisness has gone into liquidaiton , he was a 40% share holder so his acothingy has been frozen, and anothers blokes wife has put a "stop" to him goin down the garage because he wasnt spending as much time with her as she thought he should ,

:angry: to say im annoyed is an understatement :angry:

where does this leave the golf , well the golf has no engone interior loom , brake lines or suspension at all , what im going to do it try ans sell the parts as best i can , ive got a lightened flywheel , set of brakes off an audi 80 and variose different bits an pieces if anyone wants anythin off an `88 8V gti then let me know , im really upset ive not been able to fnish my car its breaking my heart to get rid of it but the fact of the matter is i just dont have anywhere to put it right now ,

So where does this leave EssDubs well im going back to my origional plan , and most round here wont feels its a good one , when ive looked around n sorted my money im goin to look for a 1.9 205 gti , with any luck i will pickup one thats nice n easy to convert on my ront , pug parts are cheaper and easier to interchange between models , all is not lost thought because im using this is a abusable tiem ill need a run around and allmost undoubtedly this will a Dub , ill stick around and i hope ive entertained you just a little bit with my (failed)project  :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Offline Stu.750

• I live here
Re: StuDubs __ UH OH
« Reply #15 on: 21 August 2005, 15:50 »
Ive replaced the golf with a nissan micra J reg with a broken gearbox , yay , now if i manage to sort one out cheap and put it through an MOT im looking at making £150+ i hope , then i can start lookin for another cheap golf with any luck , might not be a GTI but beggers cant be choosers right now , a 1.3 non sunroof ,  Rat look  sprung to mind , but hey who knows ?????? watch this space tho

Offline Stu.750

• I live here
Re: StuDubs - mk2 8v Just Got it
« Reply #16 on: 10 September 2005, 12:40 »
Just won a mk2 8v GTI with MOT until march next year 145000 miles , in white , should be picking it up this week sometime  :laugh:

Offline Stu.750

• I live here
StuDubs - mk2 8v _ subtle is the way forward
« Reply #17 on: 15 September 2005, 16:14 »
Well picked my new toy up yesterday n all i can say is ive got a steal

engines strong (kept up woth my mates C2 VTS all the way back from dudley)

The body is clean needs some bits touching in but hey thats no biggie

interior is a bit mingin but thats goini to change too

wheels are (thanks gibby) castellas that might be up for sale soon

With this one i want the outside to stay as it is just lower it and put some wheels on

its the inside engine and other parts that are goin to get the attention im going for lots n lots of little bits that you wont really see at first glance butwhen your looking youll notise , WATCH THIS SPACE

Offline Stu.750

• I live here
Re: StuDubs - Dont golfs like me or somethin?
« Reply #18 on: 29 September 2005, 16:32 »
Well the bottom ends started to rattle on mt car so im leavin it be for a while , really drove me mad , FeeFin thing , lookin around now for a new engine on the cheap , if anyone knows of something let me know , 8v , 16v , vr6 , 20v anythin concidered  :angry: :evil:

Offline Stu.750

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 04 October 2005, 16:59 »
Still fuming about my car , made some decisions tho , im a part time nutter , why would i want a heater when i can just wear a coat , my golfs gettin the same treatment as the last one but at a slower rate of takin bits off it than the last one , ive still got a couple of bits off the last one so it should be easier this time , first off tho ive got to sort an engine ??? not much to report yet