Author Topic: Mk2 16V Turbo - Original Stealth Racing car  (Read 72719 times)

Offline Sam

• I live here
  • Sam I am
Mk2 16V Turbo - Original Stealth Racing car
« on: 18 May 2010, 01:18 »
This is the original Stealth Racing 16v turbo car as published in The Golf September 1998.

Interior.
Full Mk3 GTi Recaro interior with rear headrests.
Itolvolanti steering wheel.
Boost guage.

Body work.
Atlas Grey.
Fully blended in body kit with big bumpers all round.
Grey tinted rear lights to match the body colour.

Engine.
1.8 16v engine (KR code).
Compression lowered to 8:1.
Turbotechnics T25 turbo with TT cast manifold.
8 injectors, 4 standard for low boost and 4 extra injectors which become active when high boost mode is selected.
Engine completely rebuilt in May 2009.
Rolling roaded at Stealth Racing, making 221bhp on low boost, and 237bhp on high boost.

Chassis.
BBS CHs in 7J * 16 with Pirelli P-Zero Neros up front and Goodyear Eagle F1s on the rear.
Spax coilovers.
Fully polybushed all round.

SO! Thats the add when i bought it. Will continue with my story as and when

And some pics too

« Last Edit: 13 April 2012, 14:41 by Sam »

The entire world is a Money Pit, you just have to pick yours.

Offline Sam

• I live here
  • Sam I am
Re: Mk2 16V Turbo explosion prevention project
« Reply #1 on: 18 May 2010, 01:23 »
And it drops me in at the deep end, here are the posts from the beggining with problems and solutions. The first was its apparent complete failure!

September 13th 2009

Driving back from clee tonight i noticed that at around 3200revs the car made a strange noise, a kind of heavy gristly ticking noise. then coming up a hill it mada a fud and spluttered and i just ran it through the gears to get to the top to a garage forecourt.
 Tried starting it a few times and it sounded very dry so i checked the oil and that was ok and no fluid comming out. The fuel pump does need replacing as it was getting more slow to start and reving strangly on startup..could this be my problem? Please also bear in mind it is turboed but when trying to start up it wasnt making any strange noises. Please get back to me asap! Muchoes apreciatoes...sam

----------------------------------------------------------

Just been back up to the car and there is no fuel comming out at the back so im not sure, again it almost started and didnt judder so was firing on all pistons i presume as it made a nice noise but then stopped and sounded dry again (no fuel)? Had an engine re-build 6 months ago so it shouldnt have messed up...i hope?
Any more info would be great!

----------------------------------------------------------

Ha Ha Ha fixed now! The pipe after the intercooler decided to fall out leaving a turbocharge mapped ecu to cope with normal air (not cool). Put it back on, started straight away! Job done  

I was told it would be simple....but not that simple!
« Last Edit: 31 January 2011, 02:20 by caistor_bmx »

Offline Sam

• I live here
  • Sam I am
« Reply #2 on: 18 May 2010, 01:28 »
October 1st 2009:

Welcome to hell! The mother of all f**kups begins!

I have a rattle from under my engine bay, i have put draft proof tape on everthing that could posibly move (just like numberplate pads) and its still there at about 3200 revs! Any ideas???

Offline Sam

• I live here
  • Sam I am
« Reply #3 on: 18 May 2010, 01:28 »
2nd October 2009:

Saved by my G60s!

Driving to market rasen about an hour and a half ago doing about 70 on a straight road and there are two cars aproaching. The second car, about 50 yards from me suddenly veers across my lane (10 yards) and into his drive. I slammed on my brakes and fully locked up and pulling to a halt in the middle of the road (no anti lock on a mk2 golf). I turned around and went into this guys drive where his van (coisidently a mk5 astra) was parked and watched the guy walk from his kitchen to the back of his house and his wife answered the door.
She then told me when i demanded to see him cos he was 1ft off almost killing me and my gf that he wasnt back from work yet, even though his van was parked in the drive. Then she said he must be out the back but she hadnt seen him (just been talking to him as i pulled up his drive) she then said she would have a word and i left with his reg and headed for the police station. Reported it straight away gave full details of his van (im quite familiar with the make to say the least).
The tw@t has put two flat patches on my two front nearly new p zero neros and i wanna claim against him. What do you think will happen from now? the police are comming round tommorow morning for a full statement from me. Personaly i think he must have been pissed as he just didnt want to see me and it was one of the single craziest manouvers i have ever seen!
so what do you think will happen? will i be able to claim on his insurance? or should i just go round and kick him in the face and demand £170 for a new set of tyres?

Offline Sam

• I live here
  • Sam I am
« Reply #4 on: 18 May 2010, 01:31 »
19th October:

Overtook a car?

Totaly raped a seat sport leon thingy today, he was well keen until i overtook him powering out of a bend! one of the new ones that actually look quite nice... he did not! he did not! look happy! hahaha kerrrazy! (thats for all the farmer boy fans out there with a blast from the past)

Offline Sam

• I live here
  • Sam I am
« Reply #5 on: 18 May 2010, 01:37 »
November 04 2009

coilover shat itself!

Hey guys, pretty ghay night tonigh. Drove 5 miles down the road to see my mates new 16v and my car felt funny but i thought nothing of it. When i got there one of the 1st things he asked was weather i had lowered it more. sh!te, my drivers side front shock is frigged. It looks like the compression has gone from it. Just wondering if there is any way of getting it fixed of if i can buy an individual coilover. My mate has offered me the Jamex coilovers that his car is on at the min as he bought some new ones. Just wondering

A: Where i can buy a single spax rsx coilover from
B: can my current be repaired
C: Are jamex any good (full set for £80) Just gonna do the front

Thanks alot. sam

(bought a pair of rsx in the end!  :sick: )

Offline Sam

• I live here
  • Sam I am
« Reply #6 on: 18 May 2010, 01:38 »
Took a picture of her

Offline Dan34

• I live here
  • VTEC Powerzzzz
« Reply #7 on: 19 May 2010, 10:38 »
Gotta say i do like this car!  :cool:

Cant see why knowone else has posted  :undecided:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #8 on: 19 May 2010, 22:59 »
Gotta say i do like this car!  :cool:

Cant see why knowone else has posted  :undecided:
awww here you go!.... it is a damn fine car.. maybe its because there arent enough pictures!  :wink:

Offline Sam

• I live here
  • Sam I am
« Reply #9 on: 19 May 2010, 23:07 »
Ha ha pictures to come... here are some more old posts first to set the scene......  :grin: