Author Topic: Turbo Technics 8v conversion  (Read 26620 times)

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Re: Turbo Technics 8v conversion
« Reply #20 on: 04 July 2011, 13:52 »
Love it  :cool:

Just for info those wheels are TSW Omega's

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #21 on: 04 July 2011, 14:12 »

Offline Stupidog

• Not said much yet
  • Mk1 GTI Cabby, MK2 GTI 8v Turbo Technics
« Reply #22 on: 04 July 2011, 14:42 »
The OZ are a great wheel but I think the BBS RA will win for a couple of reasons,

It's a BBS kit so it's in the right theme

I have a set in the garage collecting dust so it's no cost ( Well maybe blast and paint cost) option.

I had though about BBS RS but the are fing expensive and I want to use the car as well as polish it  :wink:

Cheers on the spoiler,like the boob job on Pam  you can tell it's added but after a while you grow to see the beauty in it  :smug:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #23 on: 04 July 2011, 14:48 »
The OZ are a great wheel but I think the BBS RA will win for a couple of reasons,

It's a BBS kit so it's in the right theme

I have a set in the garage collecting dust so it's no cost ( Well maybe blast and paint cost) option.

I had though about BBS RS but the are fing expensive and I want to use the car as well as polish it  :wink:

Cheers on the spoiler,like the boob job on Pam  you can tell it's added but after a while you grow to see the beauty in it  :smug:

Exactly what I thought and did with mine as it's also wearing BBS, got RA sportlines on mine.   

My fave pic

Just like those Oz's with the red detail for yours.

Offline Sam

• I live here
  • Sam I am
« Reply #24 on: 04 July 2011, 22:02 »
 :cool:

The entire world is a Money Pit, you just have to pick yours.

Offline AudiA8Quattro

• Forum addict
« Reply #25 on: 04 July 2011, 22:40 »
Its a lovely car, but wouldn't running a turbo on a k-jet make it much more likely to go bang?
Its already been suggested on here that its easy enough for a NA k-jet to go bang  :grin:
FOR DIY GUIDES GO TO <br>www.volkswagenaudi.co.uk<br/>BRAKES, SUSPENSION, CV JOINTS

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #26 on: 04 July 2011, 23:53 »
Its a lovely car, but wouldn't running a turbo on a k-jet make it much more likely to go bang?
Its already been suggested on here that its easy enough for a NA k-jet to go bangĀ  :grin:

it is not the best thing or idea in the world but they had to use what was available then.
« Last Edit: 07 December 2011, 16:44 by Wayne »

Offline Stupidog

• Not said much yet
« Reply #27 on: 05 July 2011, 02:30 »
The work carried out but Turbo Technics seems to have stood the test of time so far, it's at just over 100K on the original engine and turbo with no rebuilds to date.
No doubt that will be the kiss of death on it an it will pop tomorrow  :lipsrsealed:

From what I can find out they seem to  change quite a bit, fuelling, machined pistons and a machined bottom end to lower compression.

Any other info appreciated, I am trying to get info from TT  but nothing as yet

Offline Stupidog

• Not said much yet
« Reply #28 on: 05 July 2011, 02:59 »
Here's a couple more pics

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #29 on: 05 July 2011, 03:33 »
Its already been suggested on here that its easy enough for a NA k-jet to go bang  :grin:

Yep it is not the best thing or idea in the world but they had to use what was available then.

Its cars like these that helped give us what we have today. I am so reluctant to give mine a transplant, we need to keep some 100% old skoolers alive Especially ones like this, Caistors, mine and any other different from the norms.  They were different then and they're becoming rare now.  soon everything will be a 20vt and that for me is a needs must option.