Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 556264 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #1210 on: 05 July 2017, 21:45 »
I use postimg.org very simple to use once uploaded copy the hotlink for forum and past to message simplezzzz  :whistle:

Cars looking very well Peter and I know what you mean about the unwanted coverage wife's car, fence, erm wife's washing lol all on a days detail lol

Test of postimg.org...

Cheers Neil, that was incredibly easy! Why is Flickr so complicated? Small issue with the size but might be able to change that but that was a great recommendation!

Update - easy to resize too! What a great website, so easy to use, wish I'd known about it before!
« Last Edit: 05 July 2017, 22:11 by Watts »
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1211 on: 05 July 2017, 22:03 »
Washed it and gave it a going over of Done & Dusted. Anyone else used it and got streaks? It was in bright sunshine so I may do it again but inside the next time.

I've had problems with streaks using Bouncers - for me it was the mf I was using, changed to one that was a bit less soft and no further problems. I'm not au fait with the technicalities of mf so can't describe it any better than that!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #1212 on: 06 July 2017, 08:38 »
Yesterday was the first time I've used it on a dry car, before I used it to help dry the car.

I used 2 of those small 40cmx40cm buffing towels. I think I need to use more than 2 so I got a load more of them yesterday and I will have another go later. The streaking was mostly on the last side I done.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #1213 on: 06 July 2017, 10:11 »
I use postimg.org very simple to use once uploaded copy the hotlink for forum and past to message simplezzzz  :whistle:

Cars looking very well Peter and I know what you mean about the unwanted coverage wife's car, fence, erm wife's washing lol all on a days detail lol

Test of postimg.org...

Cheers Neil, that was incredibly easy! Why is Flickr so complicated? Small issue with the size but might be able to change that but that was a great recommendation!

Update - easy to resize too! What a great website, so easy to use, wish I'd known about it before!

No problem Peter iv used Postimg.org for years they have updated it but you can still use the older version but both are still very simple to use and No Ads etc lol  :whistle:
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #1214 on: 06 July 2017, 12:11 »
I've just had a look at postimg.org - looks very user-friendly. For the small number of pictures I post, I'm not too worried about the downsides that Rebecca had pointed out.

Bye bye Photobucket......... :smiley:
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1215 on: 06 July 2017, 14:10 »
Yesterday was the first time I've used it on a dry car, before I used it to help dry the car.

I used 2 of those small 40cmx40cm buffing towels. I think I need to use more than 2 so I got a load more of them yesterday and I will have another go later. The streaking was mostly on the last side I done.

It was more of a buffing cloth that I had problems with. The Wo-Wo mf and an old one I have from Autoglym are both perfect with no problems. You might also be using too much, only a little is needed.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1216 on: 06 July 2017, 16:49 »
IMO, it's lighter fabric weight microfibre cloths (WoWo are 300gsm) are perfect for buffing off QD initially, then follow with a final buff with a plush cloth for final shine. Less is more is always the mantra with QD, wax, sealants etc, otherwise you are just spending all your time buffing off unnecessary excess product.  The 'spray' quality of the spray head can make a difference, I find Bouncers D&D fine but some spray heads are useless and don't give you an even fine mist.  If that's the case, decant the QD into a decent spray bottle or swap the spray head - Empty Auto finesse bottles/spray heads are good.

For those interested in MF's, this is worth a read.

https://www.theclayclothcompany.co.uk/page_3289214.html
« Last Edit: 06 July 2017, 16:56 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #1217 on: 06 July 2017, 20:22 »
Thanks Watts and Rebecca, I redone the car this evening with a quick wash and dry and then used D&D again but this time I only sprayed it on the car and not the car and the cloth, 3 shots on each door, 5 on the roof and bonnet and little on the cloth for the other bits. Used another two cloths to buff and it was fine. Gave the car a great finish and all was well....

Drove past a demolition site after and had the car covered in a mixture of dust from the concrete and water from the water that they spraying on the site to keep the dust down. Fecking fuming but gave it a quick wash  :angry:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1218 on: 06 July 2017, 22:58 »
Thanks Watts and Rebecca, I redone the car this evening with a quick wash and dry and then used D&D again but this time I only sprayed it on the car and not the car and the cloth, 3 shots on each door, 5 on the roof and bonnet and little on the cloth for the other bits. Used another two cloths to buff and it was fine. Gave the car a great finish and all was well....

Drove past a demolition site after and had the car covered in a mixture of dust from the concrete and water from the water that they spraying on the site to keep the dust down. Fecking fuming but gave it a quick wash  :angry:

Ah that explains why you had hard time bugging it off, doubling up on the amount of QD, just a waste of QD really. Glad you've got it sorted. But sorry it got dusty again, but that's detailing life!
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #1219 on: 08 July 2017, 20:59 »
Gave it another clean today, I still need to do the windows because the Done & Dusted isn't the best on glass.