Author Topic: 25th Anniversary 1.8T - Reflex Silver  (Read 15713 times)

Offline BarryMKIV

• GTI forum regular
25th Anniversary 1.8T - Reflex Silver
« on: 07 July 2011, 16:12 »
Hi All. Brand new to these pages, so apologies if I've posted in the wrong section. Anyway, on with my car.

Full Anniversary spec including: Black Recaros with red stitching, black seatbelts with red detail, perferated leather steering wheel with red stitching, black A B C pillars and roof lining, brushed aluminium surrounds on dash, aluminium peddles Climatronic, Anniversary sports clocks, traction control and 6disc front load multi changer.

One of only 1800 ever made, this one coming in at No. 441

Modifications are for reliability and performance:
Full non-resonated Milltek exhaust system with high flow race cat, Milltek diverter valve and Green 'panel' performance filter. No rolling road with the upgrades but produced 185BHP on a RR before the Modifications, Coilovers, 10mm H&R Hubcentric spacers up front, 15mm H&R Hubcentric spacers on the rear, and 4 fresh 225/40/18 Vredestein Sessantas to keep it on the road.

The car hasn't been remapped, so I still have that to look forward to further down the line when I get bored of the power.

25th Anniversary GTI 1.8T No. 0441

Offline BarryMKIV

• GTI forum regular
Re: 25th Anniversary 1.8T - Reflex Silver
« Reply #1 on: 07 July 2011, 16:13 »
I ordered 20th Anniversary GTI badges. The front one required some modification  :mellow:

First things first, off with the grill

Silver GTI stripped off, and Red GTI impacted and ready to stick to the original GTI mount. The mount the red GTI badge came with isn't worth sh!te, so I thought this would be the best way to do it.

20th Anniversary shtuck and ready to go!

And mounted to the grill. 20 minutes well spent I think  ;)

I have the red GTI for the rear, but after I mounted the rabbit, I decided to leave the original GTI

And that. . .is that  :lol:

Offline BarryMKIV

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 07 July 2011, 16:18 »
This is just a quick picture I found of it on another forum, and gave it a quick bit of photoshop treatment. It ran a very healthy 185BHP before modifications.  :smug:

I also ran without a front plate for approx 43 minutes before attracting attention from the Garda. So I put it back on to save myself the hassle. I quite liked the look and had considered a US spec front. Sorry for the poor picture, I only had a calculator to hand.

And then one final bum shot for now with it's poverty spec lights. Plently of plans for this over the next while, mostly underneath so it will be kept looking like an Anniversary should.

Comments and Suggestions Welcome.
« Last Edit: 07 July 2011, 16:20 by BarryMKIV »

Offline Toby

• I live here
  • Car - less
« Reply #3 on: 07 July 2011, 18:12 »
looks smart that! i still want a anni myself! i like the idea with the badge! keep up the good work!

A real 304bhp 286lbft in a mk4 golf!

Currently down under

Offline BarryMKIV

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 08 July 2011, 09:50 »
Cheers Toby!

I replaced all the bushes a few weeks back. We put TT/S3 bushes in the rear, they really made a huge difference over the standard item. I've a set of US Spec Rear lights to put on, and then it's time for a wheel refurb, as the current wheels are suffering from lacquer peel. I want to take the front down another few mm too, and there's a slight bit of reverse rake going on at the moment. Front coils are currently seized  :embarassed:

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 08 July 2011, 09:55 »
Reverse Rake  :sick: :grin:

Love the anni's that and the R32 are the only mk4s i would get!  :cool: Looking forward to see where this one is going!

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #6 on: 08 July 2011, 10:25 »
As said in your welcome thread... very nice :afro:

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #7 on: 08 July 2011, 13:50 »
Very nice  :cool:

Offline GTI:Gibbo

• I live here
  • More a way of life than just another car
« Reply #8 on: 08 July 2011, 16:42 »
Sweet car my friend.. I wish i held out and purchased an anni myself now!  :sad: Keep the pics coming.  :smiley:

Offline BarryMKIV

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 09 July 2011, 21:06 »
Sweet car my friend.. I wish i held out and purchased an anni myself now!  :sad: Keep the pics coming.  :smiley:

Cheers dude! It's only my second car, came from a 1.6 Golf, it was a serious jump in power. I had always wanted an Anniversary, I'm delighted I held out for one! Took a while to find a clean one, but all my homework paid off. Pic of my old 1.6 because everybody loves pictures right?  :grin: It sat so much better than the Anni. Really need to sort it out!