Author Topic: ENGINE CODES EXPLAINED +EXPECTED POWER FIGURES FROM FROM RE-MAPPING A 1.8 TURBO  (Read 62127 times)

Offline DaveK_Turbo

• Just got here
I got a quote from my local revo dealer for £500 for a stage 2 remap so im gonna drive to peterborough and pay £475 for a customised one instead  :tongue:

Offline Ashmond

• I live here
  • Money, b!tches And Boost
I got a quote from my local revo dealer for £500 for a stage 2 remap so im gonna drive to peterborough and pay £475 for a customised one instead  :tongue:

to qualify for a stage 2 remap do you have to have stage one done by revo? and what other actual mods do u need before u can even think about a stage 2? what does it boost you up to?
Will always love my mk4 but she had to go...225 Quattro TT in its place....but its still black (she lives on in spirit!)

Offline DaveK_Turbo

• Just got here

to qualify for a stage 2 remap do you have to have stage one done by revo? and what other actual mods do u need before u can even think about a stage 2? what does it boost you up to?

They told me I could go straight to a stage 2 as long as I have An exhaust, air filter, recirc dump valve and a 4 bar fuel pressure regulator, ordered it all now just waiting on delivery then I'm gonna call jabbasport, they said it boosts you up to 207-230bhp

Offline Ashmond

• I live here
I have just got a remap which takes me to about 210brake and since im going from the poor 1.4 figure of 75, that'l do me for now
Will always love my mk4 but she had to go...225 Quattro TT in its place....but its still black (she lives on in spirit!)

Offline k5 dave

• Not said much yet
well with stage 2 now done and with a full blue flame exhaust my golf 18t is pushing 215 bhp to be honest is enough for me mid range is now sorted up to 120mph in a flash puts a smile on my face every time i drive it  :laugh: as the wife keeps saying i havent grone up yet  :rolleyes: which i have to agree  :grin:. Next would involve changing the turbo which then gets exspensive, so i will stop with what ive got.

Offline Ashmond

• I live here
what engine you got?

What would I need to do to get the max potential out of my KO3s? As you guys know, I got a cold air feed and a remap.

Offline lofung

• Just got here
I have an AGU with a k04, injectors, air filter, a cat back exhaust, and a remap. It's pushing out about 220bhp.  How much would an front mount intercooler do?

Offline 1688bran

• Here all the time
Re: WHAT POWER FIGURES CAN I EXPECT FROM RE-MAPPING MY 1.8 TURBO?
« Reply #37 on: 19 September 2007, 17:44 »
hi all ! i got a choice of 2 cars both r 1.8turbo one is ARZ and the another is AUM . the AUM one is already been remapwith air filter runnin at 218bhp and the ARZ is completely standard . the ARZ one is a litttle bit cheaper in price  and 20k mileage less than the AUM one . but when i get it im goin to mod it anyway and thinkin of fittting ko4 hybrid turbo on it . as i know already the AUM is better to mod and jus a remap will run around 210-220 bhp . so what do u guys think which one shall i buy ...

Offline stealthy

• Not said much yet
how can you tell which engine you have?

Offline Ivor Mk4 Turbo

• Forum addict
  • 2014 PP GTi Manual
I have read somewhere that some of the early AUM cars came with the KO3 turbo, therefore don't automatically assume your AUM has the KO3 's'!!!
Current Car:- 2014 GTI PP manual, white.

Make way for..... 'The Silver Bullet'! 227 bhp, KO3-S'd AGU, R-TECH Spec 2 map 8), Forge 007P, Blueflame Turbo-back, Eibach -30mm's, YellowStuff front/RedStuff rear pads, Goodridge braided lines, TT Short-shifter, R32 Dogbone, TT W/B bushes, Forge TIP, G60 fly/VR6 clutch, 5.5 ltr washer bottle,

Car now for sale >>> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=140614.0