Author Topic: Bootliner Recommendations  (Read 2269 times)

Offline AGB

• I live here
Re: Bootliner Recommendations
« Reply #10 on: 15 October 2021, 10:57 »

I'd recommend the Weather Tech Bootliner.

There are a number of pictures on the link above. Sure, it's expensive but it's a lot better than any of the VW OE accessories.

It's sufficiently rigid that if you have debris or spillage on it, the sides are high enough to contain it and the material isn't so thin that when you go to lift it out to clear, it collapses in the middle and dumps the spillage all over the interior.

I have one in black and one in grey in our cars. Happy to take a few pics if you wanted to see some images of it 'in the wild'.

The other thing that's quite handy about it is the vinyl clip in bumper protector. It anchors in well - it helps stop our dog clambering over the bumper and keeps muck off your legs in winter if you have to lean into the vehicle. It's a laminated canvas with press studs that anchor onto the mat itself. Easy to clean and braided edges so it doesn't deteriorate.

MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 15 October 2021, 15:04 »

I'd recommend the Weather Tech Bootliner.

There are a number of pictures on the link above. Sure, it's expensive but it's a lot better than any of the VW OE accessories.

It's sufficiently rigid that if you have debris or spillage on it, the sides are high enough to contain it and the material isn't so thin that when you go to lift it out to clear, it collapses in the middle and dumps the spillage all over the interior.

I have one in black and one in grey in our cars. Happy to take a few pics if you wanted to see some images of it 'in the wild'.

The other thing that's quite handy about it is the vinyl clip in bumper protector. It anchors in well - it helps stop our dog clambering over the bumper and keeps muck off your legs in winter if you have to lean into the vehicle. It's a laminated canvas with press studs that anchor onto the mat itself. Easy to clean and braided edges so it doesn't deteriorate.

I had a similar one in my old Polo, it was the VW one but it had 3 inch sides and fairly ridged, stopped a 6-pack of Guinness leaking into the spare wheel well.
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Hebegeebee

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 17 October 2021, 21:54 »
I have a weathertech boot liner in my GTi, although it doesn’t have the studs for the bumper protector like that one linked above. I wouldn’t have wanted them anyway as I have a clear vinyl protector on the bumper.
It’s a very good product albeit expensive. Comparing it to the OEM liner it’s a much better product and for me it was worth the investment.
Picked up 03/Nov/2017 - GTi-P, White silver, 5dr., Manual with extras