Author Topic: help!!!!! cracked roof panel  (Read 6182 times)

Offline hazefry

• Just got here
help!!!!! cracked roof panel
« on: 20 September 2020, 20:17 »
hi guys
i'm new to this forum and am hoping i can get some help
last august i got a new golf gti, my dream car but only about 6 months in i noticed two cracks on the roof panel either side of the sunroof. after many phone calls i'm now in contact with vw customer services.
vw are refusing to repair it under warranty saying they've never seen it before (lie) and it must have been caused by some sort of impact which is definitley not the case.
vw are ringing me tomorrow to say whether they've got anywhere with the warranty if not i will have to accept a goodwill offer......not a chance i will fight them all the way but where do i go from here.
 my nephew is a mechanic at my local vw garage and he says it's a definite fault and there should be no question about warranty.  i have photos but can't upload for some reason   TIA for any help
« Last Edit: 20 September 2020, 20:38 by hazefry »

Offline Al1040

• Here all the time
Re: help!!!!! cracked roof panel
« Reply #1 on: 21 September 2020, 14:28 »
Hi hazefry, welcome.
This is quite a common problem.... :angry:
See this post http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=286255.0 for lots of issues with the sunroof surround. Most fixed under warranty, but some as in your case having a fight with the 'stealers'.
You will not be able to put pictures up until you have 10 posts.
Good Luck you definitely need to fight the good fight.
67 Plate Mk 7.5 GTD DSG

Offline hazefry

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 21 September 2020, 14:33 »
hi
thank you for reply
I will click on the link and have a read
think I have a fight on my hands but fight I will.
cheers

Offline Al1040

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 21 September 2020, 19:02 »
Once again, good luck.
As a number of the members on here have had them replaced under warranty (it would appear to also be the case in the US), If you do not get anywhere with VW when they ring you I would submit an FOI (Freedom of Information) asking them for details of the ones replaced under warranty they will not be able to hide then.
67 Plate Mk 7.5 GTD DSG