Author Topic: Dewalt cordless orbital polisher.... wow!  (Read 3013 times)

Offline dean5125

• GTI forum regular
Dewalt cordless orbital polisher.... wow!
« on: 10 March 2020, 08:16 »

So last Friday for me was a rare day off..... it might have coincided with not a bad forecast for us and also buying a new toy! I treated myself to the new Dewalt cordless orbital polisher and a few pads, and compounds, and a few microfibres, oh and a liquid wax.... you know how it goes! :whistle:

Now for those that do any machine polishing, for £170 you have to get one of these! Runs on the same batteries if you already have any 18v Dewalt tools, I have plenty but the revelation is the no cord to worry about, wow!! :shocked: I compounded, polished and waxed the whole car in well under 2 fully charged batteries and still actually had 2 more waiting to go, it really made the process fun instead of a pain in the butt with extensions and forever worrying about the cable hitting the paint work!

Fantastic bit of kit, well done Dewalt and at a really good price!!

Oh and 1 hour after I'd finished (6 hours total inside and out!!) typical British weather..... at least I know its well protected but to not even get it off the drive clean was a bit annoying!! :angry:

2019 (68) GTI PERFORMANCE DSG - new baby
2016 (66) GOLF R DSG - gone but definitely not forgotten

Offline Dr Mike Oxgreen

• GTI forum regular
Re: Dewalt cordless orbital polisher.... wow!
« Reply #1 on: 10 March 2020, 15:44 »
Some serious beading there!

I bought a Dodo Juice Dual Action polisher when I bought my Honda S2000, but I wish that there had been a cordless option available at the time - the amount of faffing about with extension cables, as you say, makes the job so much more difficult.

Do you have a link to the DeWalt polisher, for anybody interested?  it's almost Spring, so it's time to get polishing...

Offline dean5125

• GTI forum regular
Re: Dewalt cordless orbital polisher.... wow!
« Reply #2 on: 10 March 2020, 22:15 »

Ironically my prior was the dodo juice DA, solid enough machine but a really short power lead to the point of when doing the middle of the roof I was actually lifting the extension lead off the floor.... so glad those days are gone.

Nice idea btw so for any of those interested -

Decent little review to give you an idea - https://youtu.be/oBiyow8K6hY

And at about the best price I could find at the time - https://www.powertoolsuk.co.uk/dewalt-dcm848n-dual-action-polisher.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjw9ZzzBRCKARIsANwXaeK4cQSfEcFwX2BPvkTGHJdY4QKkmQpNn5eLoGpgjcerZ8GCZS1-pXUaAs83EALw_wcB

Only downside and I suspect it’s Dewalt protecting themselves, it’s Dewalt backing pad only so no swapping over to a 75mm, hopefully that will come out later or maybe they’ll release a 3” version ideally?!? Even so still a fantastic bit of kit!!

Hope this helps and honestly for anyone that does buy, you won’t regret it!!

2019 (68) GTI PERFORMANCE DSG - new baby
2016 (66) GOLF R DSG - gone but definitely not forgotten