Author Topic: mk1 1.1 formel E to 20valve turbo project thread  (Read 39744 times)

Offline minimat

• GTI forum regular
Re: mk1 1.1 formel E to 20valve turbo project thread
« Reply #60 on: 05 October 2011, 22:32 »
the plan is get ALL the bits together for the conversion before i start as ive been in similar situations before waiting for parts.

im going to sort the brakes and suspension first as i can do it easily, so brakes on when they arrive then some coilovers as the lowering spirngs that are on it are awful

Im leaning towards using the all the mounts that crazyquiffs sell along with the hydro clutch conversion bits as im limited on time at minute

mat

Offline minimat

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #61 on: 05 October 2011, 22:34 »
just realised that was prertty much waffle lol

As soon as ive got all bits together and ive got rid of the mk4 shell then it can start to come apart

mat

Offline travisreeve

• I live here
« Reply #62 on: 05 October 2011, 22:45 »
blue waffle  :sick:

sweet so itl be soon then  :wink: im ' aiming ' for march to have mine mot'd and on the road

Offline minimat

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #63 on: 05 October 2011, 22:48 »
im hoping before then but it all depends on time and money, il see what the student loan looks like when i finally get this years lol

mat

Offline minimat

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #64 on: 14 October 2011, 16:54 »
well this hasnt had an update in a week or two and im ashamed lol  :sick:

since starting back at uni and doing the last race of the season on the race bike ive had the some total of zero time (and money for that matter) plus still working two jobs to keep a roof over my head so the mk1 has been neglected

So finally got an hour and got most of the interior back in, sorted out a few niggly jobs and realised from driving it just how desperately i need the 20vt in it (hoping to take the engine out of the mk4 tuesday).

Also got hold of my new big brakes, adaptor mounts and braided hoses, just need to get some 280mm discs then these can go on

Also managed to give it a bit of a polish although didnt get it all done as im going back to work now

mat

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #65 on: 15 October 2011, 11:06 »
Looking good.  Hey you might not have the engine in yet but if money is tight at least your fuel and insurance costs are friendly for now, have you looked at how much insurance will be with the 20vt in yet?

Offline travisreeve

• I live here
« Reply #66 on: 15 October 2011, 17:21 »
I did  :grin:

Offline minimat

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #67 on: 19 October 2011, 09:33 »
Got a day on it yesterday, well on the mk4 anyway. Managed to strip the loom off the engine and removed the dash to get rest of loom out! What an absolute ball ache that turned out to be!!
Anyway should have engine out in next few days also got money to order my mounts now

Mat

Offline minimat

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #68 on: 31 October 2011, 15:20 »
well this is overdue an update, since ive literally got no time at minute. had to go and drop my bike engine off at the builders aswell (thats not gonna be cheap  :cry: :cry: :cry: )

got a day on it friday and since i may be moving house thought i best crack on and get rid of the mk4, so had to get engine out first and what a ball ache that turned out to be

need to know what other bits i may need  before it goes tho?? ive got engine box wiring clocks ignition and gear shift out but what else might i need?

thanks

mat
« Last Edit: 31 October 2011, 15:38 by minimat »

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #69 on: 01 November 2011, 10:21 »
Can't think of anything else you'll need off this car but obviously you'll need other bits from elsewhere.