Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2829520 times)

Offline Philb280

• Not said much yet
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #9360 on: 29 March 2019, 18:18 »
Finally got the dealer to fit rear shocks under warranty - picking up tomorrow so hopefully silence at last.

Offline jaceyboy

• I live here
« Reply #9361 on: 29 March 2019, 18:59 »
What front splitter is that please?

MK7 GTi

Offline NewbieGTIP

• Not said much yet
  • If it ain’t broke..... it probably soon will be.
« Reply #9362 on: 29 March 2019, 19:26 »
@ Jaceyboy Far as I know it’s just the standard that comes on the clubsport.
#330 Gti Clubsport.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #9363 on: 29 March 2019, 22:01 »
Today I saw a black R400 parked up in the tyne tunnel trading estate when popping into Screwfix.

Looked pretty convincing (if there were such a thing) from the outside, with yellow trimmed front/back/side "R400" badges (where did they get those?), the fussy venting on the back bumper that the concept had, 4 larger than normal pipes and R rear lights. Had a scruffy set of Cadiz on, then you look inside and see a standard non-performance Golf steering wheel and standard SE rear seats, recaros in the front and a few GTI looking bits of dash trim.

Someone spent a lot of money to make their SE look like an R400.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #9364 on: 30 March 2019, 09:12 »
Today I saw a black R400 parked up in the tyne tunnel trading estate when popping into Screwfix.

Looked pretty convincing (if there were such a thing) from the outside, with yellow trimmed front/back/side "R400" badges (where did they get those?), the fussy venting on the back bumper that the concept had, 4 larger than normal pipes and R rear lights. Had a scruffy set of Cadiz on, then you look inside and see a standard non-performance Golf steering wheel and standard SE rear seats, recaros in the front and a few GTI looking bits of dash trim.

Someone spent a lot of money to make their SE look like an R400.

Should have got a picture!

R400 only had 2 exhausts though. And you can get the badges from eBay for about £3!! Still, must have a spent a decent amount doing it.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #9365 on: 01 April 2019, 19:20 »
Pulled a felt roofing nail out of my rear tyre which was luckily in the deepest tread block. Relieved to find it was only a small felt tack. Then when washing the car found a nail in my front tyre which again luckily was in the inner tread block at its deepest point. Managed to remove it and soaked in soapy water with fingers crossed that no bubbles would appear. I've been exceptionally lucky as both would have been unrepairable!!
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #9366 on: 01 April 2019, 23:23 »
^^ Thieving, cheating, lying bar$tards! I presume you'll be getting your money back!

Yeah, already in the process of returning them. He's coming back with some right bollocks.

I would love to know what they're saying? Keep us updated mate

Still haven't received a refund for them yet so we'll see what happens. Apparently his godson does the adverts and he does the postage etc. Said he sent the wrong mats out. Load of BS.

Offline dereks

• Here all the time
« Reply #9367 on: 02 April 2019, 16:19 »
Minor service and dsg oil change today.

Car is a 63 plate with only 26k on the clock,not quite a clean bill of health 2 front shocks(car has DCC) are slightly weeping currently an advisory but need changed sooner rather than later quoted £550 also need front wipers which I will do myself.

Courtesy car was a 19 plate 95bhp Polo which I surprisingly enjoyed very refined on the motorway but lacking a sixth gear doesn’t seem much smaller than the Golf.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #9368 on: 02 April 2019, 20:46 »
Quick mid week wash...   :smiley:

NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #9369 on: 02 April 2019, 21:11 »
Looking as smart as ever there Jim :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.