Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2829367 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #2700 on: 05 August 2015, 20:57 »
MH I'm guessing if you do reject it you won't be staying with VW for the next one. S3?

Not sure what I would do - neither another R or an S3 can be got quickly it seems. I would hate to be carless  (or relying on some old scrapper) for 6-8 months while the replacement was being built.

The most positive thing that could be said about moving to be Audi is that if needing a courtesy car, then their lowest model of a basic 95ps 1.0TFSI should be massively better than a 60ps Up!
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2701 on: 05 August 2015, 21:04 »

If they still don't/can't fix it then i'll be looking to reject.

You can't be serious? Doubt you will get anywhere with that. It is a fixable fault and you just have to be very patient dealing with worse than useless VW.

How many times would you allow them to attempt to fix the same fault on a system designed primarily for safety considerations? 3 times should be plenty.

Third time unlucky? I have not followed in avid detail all the machinations of this issue. Perhaps if they realize you are on the path of rejection they will get more serious and pull a couple of fingers out. It is not rocket science to get this issue addressed is it? But with VW everything seems to be even more complicated than this. Hopelessly hopeless lot and worse than useless.

You should have got a BMW! :tongue: :laugh:
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline Aidey

• Here all the time
« Reply #2702 on: 05 August 2015, 21:48 »
Today i defended the DSG driving stick.... gave a guy a lift home and i was driving along a straight , wanted to pass a few slower cars so pulled down to shift the car from D to S and he said ..... "Oh that will damage the car in time" ...... i tried to explain its drive and sport but he works for Fiat so no helping him there
Owner Mk8 ClubSport
Sold Mk8 Golf R....
Sold Gti DSG 2020 Performance Indium Grey .....
Gti Sold... ClubSport Edition 40 , ... Sold Aug 2018....

Offline remlapeel

• I live here
« Reply #2703 on: 06 August 2015, 09:26 »

If they still don't/can't fix it then i'll be looking to reject.

You can't be serious? Doubt you will get anywhere with that. It is a fixable fault and you just have to be very patient dealing with worse than useless VW.

Completely justified and I can't see how much of an issue it would be to reject. I had my GTI 13 months, did 29k miles and rejected it for being a massive pile of horse manure. It can be done, and given MH has given them 3 attempts I can't see it being to much of an issue
2015 MK7 Golf R 3 door, DSG, lapiz blue, 19" wheels, winter pack, keyless entry, dynaudio and high beam assist.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2704 on: 06 August 2015, 12:42 »
Not looking like I'll get a fix today, the wheel alignment set-up there is apparently still bust and awaiting repair.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #2705 on: 06 August 2015, 17:38 »
Why can't they drive it Sunderland and get them to do it?
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2706 on: 06 August 2015, 17:42 »
Why can't they drive it Sunderland and get them to do it?

I suggested that yesterday - they wouldn't give me an answer. I did tell them earlier that if I hadn't heard from them by 4:30pm then i'd be going home in the courtesy car. I left work at around 4:40 and at 5:07, 2 miles from home I feel the phone buzzing in my pocket, so I let it ring as I will not use a mobile on the road.

My car is ready, according to the answerphone message. I do not know what work has or hasn't been done to it at this point. I'll ring them back tomorrow, I can't be arsed to talk to them now.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #2707 on: 06 August 2015, 19:00 »
Been for a test drive today in a184 dsg tiguan. Getting a cracking deal from Mick just need to decide what final spec and more importantly if I definitely want to get rid of the golf.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2708 on: 06 August 2015, 19:46 »
Been for a test drive today in a184 dsg tiguan. Getting a cracking deal from Mick just need to decide what final spec and more importantly if I definitely want to get rid of the golf.

What is the "new" Tiguan like - subtle facelift or whole new car? If it is going to be a real change then you might regret not waiting for it. Liking the DSG? I hated it on the GTD when I got the extended test drive - i'd not have it as a free option.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #2709 on: 06 August 2015, 20:11 »
I've seen some pictures and not sure if I like it really (new one). It's a new car from bottom up and uses the mqb chassis. I didn't like the dsg on the golf but the tiguan one is the 7 speed dsg so slightly different. To be honest I probably should have got another tiguan and not the golf haha