Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 322469 times)

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1960 on: 19 August 2013, 12:31 »
I ordered week 13 but obviously the order didn't go through till week 14 when the books opened and have just got 37 confirmed! :sick:

Yep, thats me +3.

Perhaps they'll build yours early BW37 as your order was first...  :undecided:

Offline AAddict

• I live here
« Reply #1961 on: 19 August 2013, 12:34 »
I ordered week 13 but obviously the order didn't go through till week 14 when the books opened and have just got 37 confirmed! :sick:

Yep, thats me +3.

I'm hoping they do it in alphabetical order as my initials are AA  :whistle:

There does seem a huge amount of people on BW37  :undecided:
Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #1962 on: 19 August 2013, 12:36 »

Yep, thats me +3.

Same happened with BW33.

Its almost as if they are building them in batches every 4 weeks! :undecided: Do you reckon they do 3 weeks of LHD cars, then switch over and do 1 week of RHD?  Thats what it kind of looks like, but I can't believe its true.

Offline AAddict

• I live here
« Reply #1963 on: 19 August 2013, 12:38 »

Yep, thats me +3.

Same happened with BW33.

Its almost as if they are building them in batches every 4 weeks! :undecided: Do you reckon they do 3 weeks of LHD cars, then switch over and do 1 week of RHD?  Thats what it kind of looks like, but I can't believe its true.

I would hope not, but hey, nothing would surprise me with this bunch of muppets.
Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

physio

« Reply #1964 on: 19 August 2013, 13:06 »
I ordered build week 23   Confirmed car build week 37 
Then say 5 weeks delivery  that's  19 weeks  total
Are VW getting to grips with things or have I just been very lucky !!!!!!!

Offline harryhackenbacker

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1965 on: 20 August 2013, 11:51 »
Ordered 4/5 Build confirmed 37 as well ,Fully Loaded GTI ,no Leather though  :smiley: :smiley:
MK7 R 3 DOOR DSG PEARL BLACK FULL SPEC CARBON
LEATHER

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #1966 on: 20 August 2013, 12:51 »
Ordered 11th August (Week 32?)

Build week is 43, not confirmed yet :whistle:

Dealer tells me it has jumped forward 6 weeks so maybe things are coming together at Wolfsburg at last.  Mind you I didn't go for the camera  :grin:

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #1967 on: 20 August 2013, 12:52 »
Dealer tells me it has jumped forward 6 weeks so maybe things are coming together at Wolfsburg at last.

Good news.

Mind you I didn't go for the camera  :grin:

You can't anyway (No one can if they ordered after July).

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1968 on: 20 August 2013, 15:29 »
Just had a call from my VW salesman to tell me that my BW33 GTD hasn’t even been started yet.

He tried to call and missed me on Friday (I was out when he said he called) to tell me then it wasn’t started. He checked build status on Saturday, and again today.

According to him, the dealership tracker has 8 stages of build, from initial body cell assembly to final QC checks, and my car isn’t even at build stage 1 of 8 on his tracker as of 2pm today.

I told him that according to the customer tracker it is at stage 4 of 7 – build in progress, and that it changed to that sometime between Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning. My tracker and his tracker are telling 2 different stories.

He said the plant is running late due to the shutdown they just had, and the skeleton crew they had during that time (fine, I wasn’t expecting any production then, and no-one here was on a confirmed BW29/30/31, so I assume no production during the shutdown).

There are 1 of 2 things happening here:-
1.   The Dealer tracker is currently having a bit of a meltdown and status of my car is reading false/no data at all, stumping my salesman.

2.   The customer tracker is a pack of lies when things are behind and by default my tracked order changed to “build in progress” at the end of BW33 (Sat 17th Aug, 23:59) so as not to look like production was out of schedule/delayed for my order.

On the phone to VW UK, having trouble finding the order initially – They even said “sorry for the inconvenience!” (that’s a first). Taking a long time to check up on it *cheesy acoustic guitar music plays on the phone – feels like I’m stuck in a posh Spanish hotel foyer*.
I’m apparently one of the lucky ones – some other GTDs will have greater knock-on delays according to the rep. VW are given a week’s grace beyond the official build week confirmed before they are considered late. VW UK rep confirms my car hasn’t been started. He asks if it is my first VW, I tell him it will be my 7th and maybe my last.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #1969 on: 20 August 2013, 15:33 »
2.   The customer tracker is a pack of lies when things are behind and by default my tracked order changed to “build in progress” at the end of BW33 (Sat 17th Aug, 23:59) so as not to look like production was out of schedule/delayed for my order.

Could be the car has entered some initial phase (perhaps as trivial as being assigned a slot in some computer) and thus that has triggered the "in build" on the customer tracker, but that it hasn't actually started.

Effectively this amounts to the same thing... it appears to us that the tracker is lying as in practical terms the build is not in progress.