Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 322449 times)

Offline CraigW

• I live here
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1940 on: 18 August 2013, 18:25 »
Just checked mine, and while it still says in transit, the message has changed from whatever it was to the following:

Your car is in the final stage of its journey to the UK. On average it takes 10 days from build for this model to reach your local Volkswagen Retailer.

Can't recall what it said before, but it definitely said something about taking on average 3 weeks.

Certainly sounds like the new tracker is providing more detailed info

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #1941 on: 18 August 2013, 18:27 »
It would appear so, and more timely too going by what others are experiencing.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #1942 on: 18 August 2013, 18:29 »
Just checked mine, and while it still says in transit, the message has changed from whatever it was to the following:

Your car is in the final stage of its journey to the UK. On average it takes 10 days from build for this model to reach your local Volkswagen Retailer.

Can't recall what it said before, but it definitely said something about taking on average 3 weeks.
Says "on average it takes 4 weeks from build to dealer"or words to that effect
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #1943 on: 18 August 2013, 18:33 »

Ah right, 4 instead of 3 - thanks for clearing that up! I wonder if the text change means it's on a ship or at port ready to get on one?  We need more info!  :grin:

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1944 on: 18 August 2013, 18:41 »

Ah right, 4 instead of 3 - thanks for clearing that up! I wonder if the text change means it's on a ship or at port ready to get on one?  We need more info!  :grin:

:grin: I was going to say the same thing! Now I'm bored of looking at that message, I want MORE info!!  :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #1945 on: 18 August 2013, 18:45 »
:grin: I was going to say the same thing! Now I'm bored of looking at that message, I want MORE info!!  :laugh:

Haha!  Tell me about it, what use is that message to me?!  :grin:  I need to know exactly where it is!!!  VW should invest in some portable GPS tracker units that dealers can remove and ship back so that customers can track precisely the location - could make it an optional service that us impatient ones can pay for  :laugh:

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1946 on: 18 August 2013, 19:27 »

Haha!  Tell me about it, what use is that message to me?!  :grin:  I need to know exactly where it is!!!  VW should invest in some portable GPS tracker units that dealers can remove and ship back so that customers can track precisely the location - could make it an optional service that us impatient ones can pay for  :laugh:

:grin: What they should do is to employ someone to travel with the cars, then make his numer available to us. I'm not being ridiculous in suggesting we can them call him anytime....texts would be fine!! :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #1947 on: 18 August 2013, 20:20 »
:grin: What they should do is to employ someone to travel with the cars, then make his numer available to us. I'm not being ridiculous in suggesting we can them call him anytime....texts would be fine!! :laugh:

Oh absolutely, I'd be happy to compromise on real-text updates  :grin:
« Last Edit: 18 August 2013, 20:22 by Gryzor »

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
« Reply #1948 on: 18 August 2013, 20:21 »
Is moving to...

"Your order is with the factory and is currently being scheduled for production." (Step 2 of 7)

...anything to get remotely excited about?

Or am I just clutching at straws?
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #1949 on: 18 August 2013, 20:23 »
The only thing that signals the end of your wait is a confirmed build week, no harm in clutching though!