Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 322421 times)

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1880 on: 16 August 2013, 00:00 »

Great news mate! Spoke to my dealer on tuesday and was still unconfirmed 37 but he said he wasn't going to check again till next tuesday-wednesday, has yours changed on the tracker yet? It stands a chance mines confirmed but it's just not showing yet.

Hpoe so anyway! ;D

For BW37 hopefully you should see the status change on the tracker tomorrow?

Hehe! I won't hold my breath! :whistle:

Tracker says "with the factory" so yeah you could be 37 too!

I've just got to build the excitement up again now and try to forget that 6-cylinder sound... or I'm gonna find myself with 2 hot hatches and a disgustingly red bank balance. Hehe

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
« Reply #1881 on: 16 August 2013, 00:42 »
Great news. Here's hoping both you & Jim get confirmed on the tracker real soon!

Just wondering if I should be concerned or not...

My GTI was confirmed BW32 (last week).

Has been 'confirmed' on the tracker for eight weeks now. Called my dealer Friday last week to see if she knew what the score was (had told me previously that the VIN number would appear on the system once they started to build it.

She wasn't in the best of moods it seemed when I called, having just apparently had to call other GTI customers to tell them their cars had been pushed back to BW 37 and 42. So I called VW customer services, they looked up the order number and said 'it's being built as we speak' (this is last Friday).

The dealer called me today and said 'Your car is being built, I called VW to confirm as it seems our other two cars are going to be pushed back again'. But still no VIN number showing on the system, never mind showing as 'in transit' on the tracker.

How can a BW32 car still be being built, and still not have a VIN number?? I think I need a beer  :sad:

I wouldn't worry too much Bud. Mine had been confirmed on the tracker for over 7 weeks and I too was confirmed BW32, but it only went into "Transit" online today. Hopefully yours should change on Friday or over the weekend.
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #1882 on: 16 August 2013, 06:57 »

Great news mate! Spoke to my dealer on tuesday and was still unconfirmed 37 but he said he wasn't going to check again till next tuesday-wednesday, has yours changed on the tracker yet? It stands a chance mines confirmed but it's just not showing yet.

Hpoe so anyway! ;D

For BW37 hopefully you should see the status change on the tracker tomorrow?

Hehe! I won't hold my breath! :whistle:

Tracker says "with the factory" so yeah you could be 37 too!

I've just got to build the excitement up again now and try to forget that 6-cylinder sound... or I'm gonna find myself with 2 hot hatches and a disgustingly red bank balance. Hehe

I'M CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Week 37, about time too!! :)
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline JohnP

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1883 on: 16 August 2013, 07:08 »
Congratulations Jimble!

Me too!   :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Seems VWUK know nothing as only yesterday I was being encouraged to remove the camera option!

Offline jsybrian

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1884 on: 16 August 2013, 07:29 »
Just checked tracker been week 37 unconfirmed for months gone to confirmed this morning.All us week 37 people seem to be going confirmed at once great news at last.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #1885 on: 16 August 2013, 07:46 »
Great news guys. This is where the real excitement by begins and also the sleepless nights

Offline AAddict

• I live here
« Reply #1886 on: 16 August 2013, 07:54 »
Finally  :tongue:

Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1887 on: 16 August 2013, 08:04 »
Finally  :tongue:

Mine is still saying build week confirmed and it has a build week of this week. Surely it has to be started today to truly be a BW33 car?
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #1888 on: 16 August 2013, 08:08 »
Yeah fantastic news guys ;)  Won't be long before this forum is full of GTI owners instead of wannabes!  :grin:
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Cats

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1889 on: 16 August 2013, 08:29 »
Also confirmed for BW37, not sure what I'm going to do all day for the next 3 weeks until I can start hitting that tracker button again  :smiley:
Golf Mk7 GTi 5dr Manual, Carbon Grey, Performanc, ACC, Keyless, Winter Pack, Rear Camera , ordered 3rd May, in transit.