Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 322873 times)

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1810 on: 13 August 2013, 22:28 »
Just wondering, if the camera is holding the orders up, why are the cars without cameras not being pushed forward? Obviously the production line just doesn't stop so what are they working on?  :shocked:
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline GtG

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1811 on: 13 August 2013, 22:34 »
Apologies for the delay!....

Right :)

In this video (as an example) that MK7GTI posted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8t9kE5MsCc

You will see at 3:10 the standard GTI engine & shocks/brakes being fitted by machine.

At 5:10 you will see the Performance Pack engine & shocks/brakes being fitted by hand. :)

I'm build week 32 (last week), called VW yesterday (first time I've called them, dealer was scaring me) on the standard customer support number. They said the car was currently being built. (That literally was it).

So fingers crossed for it will show as in transit soon :)
Ordered: Mk7 GTI | 3-Door | Pure White | DSG | Leather | Performance Pack | 19" Santiago | DynAudio

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #1812 on: 13 August 2013, 23:23 »
Apologies for the delay!....

Right :)

In this video (as an example) that MK7GTI posted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8t9kE5MsCc

You will see at 3:10 the standard GTI engine & shocks/brakes being fitted by machine.

At 5:10 you will see the Performance Pack engine & shocks/brakes being fitted by hand. :)

I'm build week 32 (last week), called VW yesterday (first time I've called them, dealer was scaring me) on the standard customer support number. They said the car was currently being built. (That literally was it).

So fingers crossed for it will show as in transit soon :)

At 3:10 the engine, shocks and subframe are being mated to the body which means they were assembled elsewhere prior to that which is what suspect is happening at 5:10, i think it just so happens that one is a performance and one isn't?
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline GtG

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1813 on: 13 August 2013, 23:28 »
Watch the whole video from start to finish.
Ordered: Mk7 GTI | 3-Door | Pure White | DSG | Leather | Performance Pack | 19" Santiago | DynAudio

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #1814 on: 13 August 2013, 23:56 »
Watch the whole video from start to finish.

I've watched it a couple of times before but just watched it again, at 6:20 the engine he points at has silver calipers on which is the same place that the performance engine had it's shocks attached, i'm still not sure they're assembled on seperate lines. :-\

Offline GtG

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1815 on: 13 August 2013, 23:58 »
You will see him change from one line to another in the video.

The brake callipers fitted at 05:10 (by hand) are huge and have 'GTI' printed on them... the engine is then wheeled in (by hand) to meet the front of the car, you can see the diff regulator arms of the Performance version or the engine clearly in shot.

Offline GtG

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1816 on: 14 August 2013, 00:00 »
If you're still not sure they're assembled on separate lines, go back to the upload that showed the factory shutdown dates. It clearly states different weeks for the Golf and Golf GTI production lines.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #1817 on: 14 August 2013, 00:01 »
You will see him change from one line to another in the video.

The brake callipers fitted at 05:10 (by hand) are huge and have 'GTI' printed on them... the engine is then wheeled in (by hand) to meet the front of the car, you can see the diff regulator arms of the Performance version or the engine clearly in shot.

Goes off to watch it again......... ;D

Offline GtG

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1818 on: 14 August 2013, 00:06 »
I think I've watched it a 1000 times.... in later video's he destroys it with customisation  :sick:

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #1819 on: 14 August 2013, 00:11 »
Sorry mate, i must be missing it where the performance engine goes in the front of the car? Where abouts in the vid does it happen?

PS, i'm not trying to be awkward, honest.