Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 322539 times)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1710 on: 08 August 2013, 14:06 »
And BMW just got back to me and said they have an M135i in stock I can have today

How tempting is that!!  Is this Elms you are dealing with in Cambridge?  They have a M135i there, brand new in the showroom in Black - it is the utter nuts.  And its got all the toys!

If it is Elms Bear, speak to Mohammed - he is a really, really nice bloke and one of the best salesman I have come across in ages.
« Last Edit: 08 August 2013, 14:08 by matchboy »
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #1711 on: 08 August 2013, 14:13 »
Well, for all my patience, it is really being tested...  I just called VW myself to just get a bead on where the car was at, and I've been lied to by my dealer, or at best, misled.  The car, according to them, was scheduled for this week but there are some delays so it has NOT gone into build...  Now, what is the number of my local BMW dealer?! :grin:  Total joke, and a good job the part-ex on my current car is guaranteed...
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1712 on: 08 August 2013, 14:16 »
Well, for all my patience, it is really being tested...  I just called VW myself to just get a bead on where the car was at, and I've been lied to by my dealer, or at best, misled.  The car, according to them, was scheduled for this week but there are some delays so it has NOT gone into build...  Now, what is the number of my local BMW dealer?! :grin:  Total joke, and a good job the part-ex on my current car is guaranteed...

You are joking?  What. The. F7ck.  So even a confirmed build doesn't actually mean its going to be built.  This basically means that if yours has been put back then its going to push everyone else's back as well.  I can feel my blood starting to boil.  :angry:

You must be livid Gryzor.
Audi RS5 2018
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #1713 on: 08 August 2013, 14:18 »
I've been lied to by my dealer, or at best, misled.  The car, according to them, was scheduled for this week but there are some delays so it has NOT gone into build... 

If they tried to piss their customers off they could hardly be doing a better job!

As AAddict says all this sh!t really spoils the experience.  It makes me feel like I want ££££ deduced from the price to feel like I have a good deal.  If they'd kept me happy I would be happy paying more but they more they piss me off the more I look at that price and think do I really want to spend that amount on something that is making me this fed up?  I'm worried that even when it eventually arrives I'll have this bad taste in my mouth and not enjoy it like I should.

I'm pretty much 50:50 now on whether to cancel or not.

Offline AAddict

• I live here
« Reply #1714 on: 08 August 2013, 14:19 »

I've give myself the weekend to decide....
Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #1715 on: 08 August 2013, 14:21 »
You are joking?  What. The. F7ck.  So even a confirmed build doesn't actually mean its going to be built.  This basically means that if yours has been put back then its going to push everyone else's back as well.  I can feel my blood starting to boil.  :angry:

Nope, not joking.  The woman on customer services didn't have a clue why, and my dealer claimed that some cars due before the shutdown were delayed...not sure what or who to believe now to be honest.  I am pretty livid, but nothing I can do, and yes, if mine is delayed, then chances are all are delayed...  Absolute shambles.  I will be on the phone to my contact at Exec Customer Services once my dealer calls me back.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #1716 on: 08 August 2013, 14:25 »

I've give myself the weekend to decide....

I'd love to go down to the dealer and take a look at this M135i they have in stock.  Unfortunately I'm in Portugal from Saturday so its not a good weekend for mulling things over. :undecided:

Offline ChrisJL

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1717 on: 08 August 2013, 14:25 »
Gryzor so were you confirmed on the online tracker too and they've said your car has been delayed?

Or have the dealer just said your 'confirmed' and then its now suddenly delayed because unless its confirmed on the tracker their word of mouth 'confirmed' doesn't seem to be worth the breath spent saying it.
Collected 10/09/2013: Mk 7 Golf GTI. 3 Door Manual. Tornado Red. Performance Pack. Adaptive Chassis. Winter Pack. Life Shine Protection.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1718 on: 08 August 2013, 14:28 »
Nope, not joking.  The woman on customer services didn't have a clue why, and my dealer claimed that some cars due before the shutdown were delayed...not sure what or who to believe now to be honest.  I am pretty livid, but nothing I can do, and yes, if mine is delayed, then chances are all are delayed...  Absolute shambles.  I will be on the phone to my contact at Exec Customer Services once my dealer calls me back.

I'm seething for you to be honest.  I never saw this coming, its been a shambles to even get a build week confirmed, but to then NOT build the car when its supposed to is unheard of as far as I know.  It also means that all of our orders will be pushed back at least a week, so that's another reason to p!ss everyone off.

Yep, get on that blower to the Exec Office.  I wouldn't even bother waiting for your dealer, they won't know anything - and if VW are updating their systems they'll know even less - and there's no guarantee they'll call you back anyway.

What a f7cking joke.
Audi RS5 2018

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
« Reply #1719 on: 08 August 2013, 14:30 »

Aaaargh Nooooooo!!!!! You friggin joking me.... If that's what's happened to yours, what's guessing mine has been pushed back as well. Really can't be arsed to phone up and check!!! Probably wind me up even more.

I'm off down the Pub!
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)