Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 322399 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1470 on: 28 July 2013, 09:55 »
I'd be surprised if your confirmed 37 as things can and will change in the next 6 to 7 weeks. the fact the rear view camera has been taken off the options list must mean something and not just VW style of doing something. carsystems are selling genuine camera kits for 350 euros which is way more than a factory order but I'm seriously tempted by it. cancel the camera from VW and get it retro fitted later.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
« Reply #1471 on: 28 July 2013, 11:00 »
That's good news on the confirmed for 37 AlleyCat - I'm unconfirmed for 39.  I would hope that if you are confirmed then VW's options to dick you about are reduced.  What's the bets on the Rear View camera re-appearing with the price mysteriously doubled?
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13

Offline allycat45

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1472 on: 28 July 2013, 11:09 »
I am hoping the dealer's "confirmed week 37" can be trusted, but as mcmaddy says, it might change again !

I've resigned myself to wait now so we will see what August brings; I'm going on holiday 2-17 August and will chase the dealer again for an update when I'm back (will check the tracker while I'm away of course  :grin:)
Arrived: GTI, DSG, 5 Door, Carbon Steel Grey, Service Plan, Winter Pack, Side Airbag, DCC (or ACC - the Adaptive Chassis thing, ok?), Park Assist, Rear View Camera

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1473 on: 28 July 2013, 16:17 »
I am hoping the dealer's "confirmed week 37" can be trusted, but as mcmaddy says, it might change again !

I've resigned myself to wait now so we will see what August brings; I'm going on holiday 2-17 August and will chase the dealer again for an update when I'm back (will check the tracker while I'm away of course  :grin:)

I don't think it's confirmed until the tracker says so, and with more than 4 production weeks between now and week 37 VW have no reason to lock it out yet. You should get confirmed in week 33 (is it week 31 tomorrow?) for definite with no VW take-backs.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

physio

« Reply #1474 on: 28 July 2013, 16:27 »
My build week  is 36 , still awaiting final confirmation , dealer says it should be confirmed within 3weeks
I have rear view camera on order as well
Will post any info I get on here

Offline JohnP

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1475 on: 28 July 2013, 16:53 »
My build week  is 36 , still awaiting final confirmation , dealer says it should be confirmed within 3weeks
I have rear view camera on order as well
Will post any info I get on here

I'm in exactly the same position. Having bad feelings that the bw is going to get pushed back again though  :sad:

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1476 on: 28 July 2013, 17:55 »
I'm bw36 and have ordered the rear camera. if it's bumped again then I'm removing the camera and will seek some form of compensation.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Running Man

« Reply #1477 on: 28 July 2013, 18:56 »
It would be interesting to know, but unlikely to find out if there are delays for other markets with Rear View Camera (Germany, Holland, France etc.)

I have it on my order and I'm not taking if off even if there is a further delay, I'm told I'm now BW36 by my dealer.  Have been promised an 'accurate' update by Wednesday 31st  :whistle:

I'm not in any rush as posted before, however I would like an accurate BW  :huh: 

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #1478 on: 28 July 2013, 18:59 »
With all the talk of Dynaudio just lately i've been toying with the idea of adding it to my order??? But would it delay the order this far down the line?.............. :whistle:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1479 on: 28 July 2013, 19:15 »
With all the talk of Dynaudio just lately i've been toying with the idea of adding it to my order??? But would it delay the order this far down the line?.............. :whistle:

Can't be as bad as the delay on the camera!  :tongue:

I heard it yesterday in a GTD demo, the sound was outstanding.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....