Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 322418 times)

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1410 on: 18 July 2013, 10:57 »
UK - worst customer service there is (in terms of everything!)

I think we should just send all our customer service people to America to see how its done.  In the UK we don't seem to understand basic things about customer service.  Most big companies I end up talking to seem to think that as a customer who needs some help the most important things I want are:

a) To listen to a lengthy explanation of why they can't help me.
b) To have whole passages from the small print quoted to me while I pay the phone bill.
c) To have the fun of making all the suggestions myself as for them to give ideas would just be too easy.

A surprising number of people in this country seem to have no clue.  I'm forever being told that, really, the customer is not always right.  Its like people can only think of this phrase in a literal sense.  It should be interpreted to mean things like:

"Never tell the customer they are wrong",
"Don't argue with them, just help them"
"Who is right is irrelevant, sales/repeat sales are what you're paid for"
"Even if there isn't a problem, if the customer says there is a problem then that IS a problem".

But trying to explain this too often just elicits blank stares.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1411 on: 18 July 2013, 11:40 »

I ordered a 5 door DSG with leather and ACC on 10/4/2013. The order notification commitment date was 1/7/2013.

The VW tracker is now showing as "build week confirmed" and my dealer has said their system and VW UK systems show the build week as 33, w/c 12/8/2013

This is pretty much exactly the same dates as me (give or take a couple of days) - my spec is the complete opposite of yours though!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1412 on: 18 July 2013, 11:42 »
Couldn't agree more Bear.  I can't remember the last time I experienced customer service whereby I was shocked at how good it was - cause in this country it never is.

The US may be one f7cked up country but there customer service is second to none - shame they all go around shooting each other  :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #1413 on: 18 July 2013, 11:48 »
To the contrary, I've had great customer service recently from the likes of Pizza Hut, Krispy Kreme (spot a trend here!), a local Apple Store, and latterly VW Exec CS where I found them to be more than helpful and accommodating.

I agree though, generally the trend is for poor customer service in this country, but simply questioning it and b!tching about it on a forum won't change things - write to the MDs and CEOs of these companies and keep drilling the message home!
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1414 on: 18 July 2013, 12:33 »
To the contrary, I've had great customer service recently from the likes of Pizza Hut, Krispy Kreme (spot a trend here!), a local Apple Store, and latterly VW Exec CS where I found them to be more than helpful and accommodating.

I agree though, generally the trend is for poor customer service in this country, but simply questioning it and b!tching about it on a forum won't change things - write to the MDs and CEOs of these companies and keep drilling the message home!

Apart from VW, the others you quoted are American companies - hence my point!
Audi RS5 2018

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #1415 on: 18 July 2013, 12:52 »

Apart from VW, the others you quoted are American companies - hence my point!

Doesn't matter, as far as I am concerned they are companies registered in the UK, operating under UK legislation.  I've had bad customer service from solely UK companies, and also great customer service.  The trouble with this country is (not sure about others) is that we do not praise good customer service often enough.  But, we are quick to b!tch and moan about bad customer service, but often to people who can't do anything about it.

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1416 on: 18 July 2013, 12:55 »
I'm not b!tching - I'm just saying!  Well you are in the minority I would imagine - I rarely come across good customer service - or maybe my expectations are too high.  Having spent some time in the US I can confirm that UK customer service is p!ss poor in comparison.  :smiley:
Audi RS5 2018

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #1417 on: 18 July 2013, 13:00 »
I'm not b!tching - I'm just saying!  Well you are in the minority I would imagine - I rarely come across good customer service - or maybe my expectations are too high.  Having spent some time in the US I can confirm that UK customer service is p!ss poor in comparison.  :smiley:

Not specifically saying you are, but the complaints are flying around here!  It's not that I have low expectations, but I do make my points known, good or bad, to the appropriate people and that usually gets respect and results.  I guess it just comes naturally from the kind of work I do anyway, having to manage both client and our own expectations.

I'm totally with you on the whole US vs UK thing though, I too have spent some time over there, and you are absolutely right!

Offline RikWebb

• Here all the time
  • Like tears in rain....
« Reply #1418 on: 19 July 2013, 00:24 »
Well to change the subject slightly.....

I need to re-stock the Cidre
Looks like my GTD has been delayed again, I was expecting it to change from that fekin 'processing your order' this week as I was told (second date) it would be built 8th August :(
Oh well ! back to the fermented apple juice!

Rik
MK7.5 GTD DSG Isaac Blue 5Dr - 19" Santiago's / Nav Pro / Pano Roof / Keyless / Rear Camera / Mobile Wireless charger
Ordered 22/09/2017 - BW confirmed as 23/10/2017

Previous
MK7 GTD Ordered - May 16th 2013 - Tornado Red, Discover Pro Nav - Promised 16 week delivery - HA!
191 Days = 27 Weeks from order to delivery

Offline allycat45

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1419 on: 19 July 2013, 08:17 »
I emailed the dealer yesterday for an update since no news for 3 weeks and no change on the order tracker.

My original order was 26 March but subsequently cancelled.

I reordered again on 13 June and was given the same allocation slot they had given me before as no-one else had taken it in the meantime. They estimated build week 40 at that point which was subsequently changed to week 36 and now they say "Confirmed Week 37" which is w/c 9 Sept, and they said "if we are lucky, should get delivery by end of September". Still no change on the tracker though ...
Arrived: GTI, DSG, 5 Door, Carbon Steel Grey, Service Plan, Winter Pack, Side Airbag, DCC (or ACC - the Adaptive Chassis thing, ok?), Park Assist, Rear View Camera