Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 322832 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1270 on: 04 July 2013, 20:22 »
just checked mine too. no change
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #1271 on: 04 July 2013, 20:27 »
I'm hoping to see mine move to in transit stage tomorrow as I was told bw27 but am not so sure now after what Rick2b said. I'll give it to Saturday, but if it doesn't change ill be extremely disappointed  :sad: I've not had contact from my dealer for about a month now as didn't want to keep hassling him but will be phoning him on Monday if I don't hear anything.

Offline GolfTi

• I live here
  • ..gotta feel for my automobile..
« Reply #1272 on: 04 July 2013, 20:33 »
Mine went straight from in transit to arrived at dealers.

And I already knew as my dealer phoned the day before the tracker changed.

Pretty useless really, just keep in touch with your dealer, most will inform you of any changes straight away.
Mk7 GTI. DBP, DCC, Winter pack. Mine since new, July 2013.
GTI no. 4. Golf no. 5.  VW no. 7.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #1273 on: 04 July 2013, 23:43 »
If the camera is the big hold up I have no problem with them delivering the car without it and then fitting it later at the dealer when they've sourced more parts.  Have they considered this? Should I suggest it? :tongue:

What I don't get is why we have to badger them so much just to get even the hint of some information.  If they communicated with us they might find their problem improve if people are willing to cancel the camera or get it fitted at a later date... And we'd all be a lot less confused and therefore a lot less angry.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #1274 on: 04 July 2013, 23:46 »
If the camera is the big hold up I have no problem with them delivering the car without it and then fitting it later at the dealer when they've sourced more parts.  Have they considered this? Should I suggest it? :tongue:

It's a bugger of a retrofit. Would you be happy to let the dealer rip your interior apart to fit it? I'd do without it before I'd do that.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #1275 on: 05 July 2013, 00:21 »
If the camera is the big hold up I have no problem with them delivering the car without it and then fitting it later at the dealer when they've sourced more parts.  Have they considered this? Should I suggest it? :P

What I don't get is why we have to badger them so much just to get even the hint of some information.  If they communicated with us they might find their problem improve if people are willing to cancel the camera or get it fitted at a later date... And we'd all be a lot less confused and therefore a lot less angry.

I will spit my dummy out if they tell me i'm not getting the camera!!! It should be on a first come first served basis and there weren't many that ordered before me in this country, just because they haven't given me a confirmed BW yet, they can kiss my arse and trading standards will be getting involved!! 8)
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #1276 on: 05 July 2013, 00:36 »

It's a bugger of a retrofit. Would you be happy to let the dealer rip your interior apart to fit it? I'd do without it before I'd do that.

Hadn't thought of that.  But then if its just the camera itself why can't they factory fit the wires or whatever and just pop the camera into the rear hatch when it arrives.  I now I know, that's too complicated for VW I can already hear the patronising voice on the phone as they explain they can't do that (without even really considering if they can or not).

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1277 on: 05 July 2013, 07:28 »
they can't fit anything if it's in short supply. it will be the wiring looms and the camera together. according to VW yesterday it's on my car whenever it gets built. it's only been pulled for people ordering after 1st July. they should have a spare one when I cancel my car today!

Offline pauliem

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1278 on: 05 July 2013, 07:30 »
Yay! Finally got off that damn "Processing your order" screen to "Build Week Confirmed"  :laugh:

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/track-my-order/beingBuilt?orderNumber=23210768

Does this mean that the car will be made pre-august shutdown or post-august shutdown?

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1279 on: 05 July 2013, 07:31 »
I would say post august at bw 34