Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 322456 times)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1250 on: 04 July 2013, 11:39 »
You should be confirmed on the tracker next week Bear - fingers crossed!!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline DougL

• Here all the time
« Reply #1251 on: 04 July 2013, 12:02 »
My car ordered on the 22/5 now has an unconfirmed build week of 36, which has moved one week further forward than it was in late May. Dealer expects it mid September.
Tornado Red GTI 3dr manual

Previous Golfs Mk1 GLS and GL, Mk2 GL and Driver, Mk3 GL, Mk4 GT TDI, Mk6 TDI (and a Mk2 Scirocco 20 years ago)

Running Man

« Reply #1252 on: 04 July 2013, 13:37 »
Just got a call from my dealer, he told me my GTI is now build week 35 which is end of August so he reckons delivery early September on the 63 plate.  Happy with that  :smiley:

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #1253 on: 04 July 2013, 14:43 »
Just got a call from my dealer, he told me my GTI is now build week 35 which is end of August so he reckons delivery early September on the 63 plate.  Happy with that  :smiley:

I was told to expect 4 - 6 weeks for the car to be delivered and ready to drive away.  My build week is 32 (33, given the shutdown?), so potentially puts it on a knife-edge for being a 63 plate - not that it matters as a private plate is going on, but still... ;)
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Bingham67

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1254 on: 04 July 2013, 15:35 »
Got told mine been delayed due to rear view camera :( wont see it until September on tracking site just says processing order.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1255 on: 04 July 2013, 15:50 »
when did you order bingham67? Ive just spoken to VW and they said rear camera isnt holding up orders that were already in. its only orders from 1st July that are being held up.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Bingham67

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1256 on: 04 July 2013, 16:03 »
when did you order bingham67? Ive just spoken to VW and they said rear camera isnt holding up orders that were already in. its only orders from 1st July that are being held up.

17th April dealer told me yesterday as problems with rear view camera production had been delayed so it will put back the date of arrival.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #1257 on: 04 July 2013, 16:31 »
17th April dealer told me yesterday as problems with rear view camera production had been delayed so it will put back the date of arrival.

Oh sh!t, thats virtually all of us!

Anyone heard anything different?  I thought like mcmaddy said that it was only holding up cameras from now onwards.  Basically that they've used them faster than they are supplied so that they'll run out by the time an order placed now would be built.  Is Bingham's dealer talking crap?  I hope so.

If this is the case why don't they call us and ask if we want to drop the camera?  Some of us probably would if it meant they could get their cars with no more delays and that would also ease the supply/demand problem!

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #1258 on: 04 July 2013, 16:39 »
A pointless option seems to be causing a lot of problems  :whistle: :whistle:
« Last Edit: 04 July 2013, 16:45 by CraigW »

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #1259 on: 04 July 2013, 16:40 »
A pointless option seems to be causing a lot of problems

Didn't we decide that all options are pointless, as indeed is the car itself, if we look at things like that? :tongue:

However, I take your point. :sad: