Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 322542 times)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1190 on: 28 June 2013, 16:29 »
Did you know there is a "delay by 1 week" button at VW UK for every tricky question you ask them publicly on Facebook/Twitter?  :whistle:

If that was the case then Mark (Matchboy) wouldn't be seeing his this side of Xmas  :grin: :grin:

:grin: :grin: It's funny cause its true!!

BRILLIANT news Bear - I told you you would only be a couple of weeks behind us!  Just like I'm always telling the wife, I'm always right.....  :lipsrsealed: :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #1191 on: 28 June 2013, 16:33 »
BRILLIANT news Bear - I told you you would only be a couple of weeks behind us!  Just like I'm always telling the wife, I'm always right.....  :lipsrsealed: :laugh:

Heh heh.  Panic over.

Anyone else left stuck on a long wait or is that all of us on 33-35 now?  jsybrian I guess...  I bet he'll be moving to 35 or better soon too.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #1192 on: 28 June 2013, 16:45 »
Did as you guys told me and called VW exec.  They just called me back:

BUILD WEEK 35... (unconfirmed)!

WOO! :grin: :grin: :grin:  Prior to this I was on unconfirmed BW 39/40.

Really really pleased with this.  I asked if they knew when things would be confirmed.  Was told "We are currently on BW 33, so everything up to 33 is confirmed.  Therefore you can expect to be BW confirmed in a week or two."  (EDIT: 33 is 7 weeks away so this matches the theory of 4 weeks before confirmation + 3 weeks for shut down.)

Awesomeness. :smug:

Gotta find some cash to pay for it now... :laugh:

Brilliant news Bill  :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Offline tommygund

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1193 on: 28 June 2013, 17:14 »
I'm still at 36, rang my dealer this morning as my stress levels kept going up looking at all you guys getting great news! He rang to say was still at 36 unconfirmed. Surely it must move forward to 35 at least next week. Order date was 16/4.  :cry: 

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #1194 on: 28 June 2013, 17:25 »
I'm still at 36, rang my dealer this morning as my stress levels kept going up looking at all you guys getting great news! He rang to say was still at 36 unconfirmed. Surely it must move forward to 35 at least next week. Order date was 16/4.  :cry:

Tommy, I feel like you probably will move forward.  My experience this week is that on seeing many people move forward on their BWs I've emailed my dealer twice and had no answer, then emailed VWUK and had no answer.  Now both dealer and VWUK told me that they would inform me immediately there is any change to my estimated BW.  They both said the dealer would be the first to know.

However, on calling VWUK as some of the chaps here suggested they immediately took my number and said they would contact "sales".  Got a call back 45mins later to be told I'm now on BW35 (unconfirmed).  So clearly the dealer does not know immediately, or maybe they have to actively ask for an update or refresh their system or something, because in my case they seem to be too busy to find out what VWUK were able to do via phone.

...Or possibly the dealer is sick of me and has me on ignore.. haha.  But seriously, I've only emailed them I think 3 times in 2 months which can hardly be considered too many when the information (until this week) has been so vague as to cause a lot of uncertainty on the customer side.  The fact that I've moved forward 5 weeks and they didn't tell me is evidence I was justified in contacting them anyway!
« Last Edit: 28 June 2013, 17:30 by Bill_the_Bear »

Offline tommygund

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1195 on: 28 June 2013, 17:34 »
Cheers Bear. As has been mentioned on numerous occasions its the not knowing that is the most irritating part. I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt and hold my inner keyboard warrior until Monday. At the end of the day as soon as the dealer has the sale their interest drops. Not in all but most cases. So think ill give VWUK a ring and see if they can give me an actual update as opposed to another guessdemation from the dealer.

Offline ChrisJL

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1196 on: 28 June 2013, 17:37 »
Glad to hear you finally got some good news bear. Even though you had to chase perhaps a little more than you should've had to get it but atleast its positive :).

Hopefully tommygund will get some similar news soon too so we can all be in a happier state of waiting :) even though it may still be inpatiently   :grin:

Does anyone know what this "shutdown" is and when it is? Like dates / build week? I thought it was around when mine was estimated but now im conformed the factory surely mustnt be closed during that period...
Collected 10/09/2013: Mk 7 Golf GTI. 3 Door Manual. Tornado Red. Performance Pack. Adaptive Chassis. Winter Pack. Life Shine Protection.

Offline Aidey

• Here all the time
« Reply #1197 on: 28 June 2013, 17:43 »
Id love some news, all i get when i email the dealer is, "i'll get back to you when i have some news"
Owner Mk8 ClubSport
Sold Mk8 Golf R....
Sold Gti DSG 2020 Performance Indium Grey .....
Gti Sold... ClubSport Edition 40 , ... Sold Aug 2018....

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #1198 on: 28 June 2013, 17:53 »
Does anyone know what this "shutdown" is and when it is? Like dates / build week? I thought it was around when mine was estimated but now im conformed the factory surely mustnt be closed during that period...

See here...
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=252146.msg2347731#msg2347731
http://www.chicagotribune.com/classified/automotive/sns-rt-us-volkswagen-wolfsburg-golfbre95n0iz-20130624,0,1542421.story

Basically:
Factory still open.
Probably a lot less cars being built.
July 15 and August 2.
Which is BW 29-31.

Offline ChrisJL

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1199 on: 28 June 2013, 17:58 »

See here...
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=252146.msg2347731#msg2347731
http://www.chicagotribune.com/classified/automotive/sns-rt-us-volkswagen-wolfsburg-golfbre95n0iz-20130624,0,1542421.story

Basically:
Factory still open.
Probably a lot less cars being built.
July 15 and August 2.
Which is BW 29-31.

Thanks again Bear :)

What are the odds we might get a bit of sun by the time we all get our hands on them... Might get mine in time for my birthday.. Wonder if they'll put a bow on it :P
Collected 10/09/2013: Mk 7 Golf GTI. 3 Door Manual. Tornado Red. Performance Pack. Adaptive Chassis. Winter Pack. Life Shine Protection.