Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 323449 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1480 on: 28 July 2013, 19:39 »
I heard it yesterday in a GTD demo, the sound was outstanding.
[/quote]

'outstanding' I wouldn't go that far at least not 500 quids worth!
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1481 on: 28 July 2013, 20:20 »
I heard it yesterday in a GTD demo, the sound was outstanding.

'outstanding' I wouldn't go that far at least not 500 quids worth!
[/quote]

Funny, cause I would have paid more for it - £500 is a steal IMO  :smiley:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline OF1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1482 on: 28 July 2013, 22:01 »
Dynaudio was the first option I added.

Turning up the sound when the mood takes you and then..Distorted, buzzing bass because the standard speakers can't handle it. No thanks.

Clear vocals and punchy, independent bass please.
Currently Driving: Mini Cooper SD | Chilli Red | Black Roof | Often mistaken for my girlfriend's car..

Cancelled Order: Golf GTD Manual 3 Door | Pure White | Leather | Dynaudio | Reversing Camera | Service Pack

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1483 on: 28 July 2013, 23:15 »
nothing wrong with the standard system and certainly no speaker distortion that I've ever come across.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline pauliem

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1484 on: 28 July 2013, 23:25 »
Girlfriend has got the standard system in a Golf that she just got.  It is not a patch on Dynaudio in my Scirocco - I wouldn't be without it.  The two systems are in completely different leagues.

Offline Blades72

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1485 on: 29 July 2013, 14:48 »
Just received a letter from VWUK

I am pleased you have chosen to order a VW golf and thank you for your custom. I regret however, that the delivery times for some models have extended significantly beyond the norm, something which has impacted your order.

The delays have been caused by the actual level of demand exceeding planed production and we have taken all steps available to overcome this in the shortest possible timescale. I fully understand this explination does not resolve any inconvience or disappointment you may have experienced as a result, for which I apologise.

I am pleased to advise that we now have secured a build slot for your order and hence, from this point onwards, your VW retailer will be in a position to provide progress updates on build, shipping and handover.

In recognition of the delay and your patience, I have enclosed a small goodwill gesture in the form of some "Lesiure vouchers" that can be redeemed against a wide range of goods and services.

Once again, I apologise for the delay and hope when you take delivery of your new car, it will make the wait worthwhile and provide many years of pleasurable driving.

Yours sincerely
Robert Hazelwood
Director of Volkswagen

Vouchers were worth £50, and I got my confirmed BW two weeks ago (wk35). Only think I received this letter because I had a rant at my dealer last week regarding the delay (was originally told end of July delivery, now going to be end of September). Either that or VW are sending these letters out to people who are waiting longer than expected.
« Last Edit: 29 July 2013, 14:57 by Blades72 »
Gone :Mk7 GTI with Performance Pack, Pure White, Dynaudio & Extended Warranty.
Arrived: Mk7.5 PP DSG Tungsten Silver

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #1486 on: 29 July 2013, 16:46 »
I think myself and a lot of others have been waiting a very long time and have not, or even probably will not receive such a letter or good will gesture.  As mentioned many times before I have an unconfirmed BW34.  But I am now concerned it may not be the case as I am seeing examples such as yours with BW35's being confirmed?   

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1487 on: 29 July 2013, 17:15 »
A result of sorts, but in the grand scheme of things £50 goodwill gesture on a £26k+ car is not a lot. It probably wouldn't have cost them any more to offer you £150 worth of VW accessories.

You finally got a build week confirmed though. How much correspondance did you need to get to this point?

Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Blades72

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1488 on: 29 July 2013, 17:59 »
A result of sorts, but in the grand scheme of things £50 goodwill gesture on a £26k+ car is not a lot. It probably wouldn't have cost them any more to offer you £150 worth of VW accessories.

You finally got a build week confirmed though. How much correspondance did you need to get to this point?

I changed part of my order about 6 weeks ago as I still hadn't a confirmed BW and was told that it wouldn't alter my estimated BW which was BW 36. At the time I told my dealer I wasn't happy about how long after ordering (1/05) that I still hadn't a confirmed BW. When my tracker changed to confirmed BW, I then phoned the dealer to get the confirmed BW I spoke to the manager and again expressed my displeasure at the long wait and he basically said it was down to the way cars had been allocated and high demand. He also said that the original estimate of a 12 week lead time was the GTI/GTD were classed as normal Golfs in their estimates.  Then next thing I know I received this letter today.
Gone :Mk7 GTI with Performance Pack, Pure White, Dynaudio & Extended Warranty.
Arrived: Mk7.5 PP DSG Tungsten Silver

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #1489 on: 29 July 2013, 18:57 »

I changed part of my order about 6 weeks ago as I still hadn't a confirmed BW and was told that it wouldn't alter my estimated BW which was BW 36. At the time I told my dealer I wasn't happy about how long after ordering (1/05) that I still hadn't a confirmed BW. When my tracker changed to confirmed BW, I then phoned the dealer to get the confirmed BW I spoke to the manager and again expressed my displeasure at the long wait and he basically said it was down to the way cars had been allocated and high demand. He also said that the original estimate of a 12 week lead time was the GTI/GTD were classed as normal Golfs in their estimates.  Then next thing I know I received this letter today.

Yup, seriously wide of the mark! It'll be around 26 weeks for me if my week stays where it is, currently 39. :sick:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂