Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1166759 times)

Offline STmichael

• Not said much yet
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #2910 on: 07 May 2018, 16:02 »
Great looking car. That looks like a BLUE GT parked in the garage. I also have one as part of my 2 car family along with the GTD. A fantastically underrated car.
Have you got the details of the footrest for the no longer needed left leg!
GTD drivers know best!

Offline Arnold_Lane

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2911 on: 07 May 2018, 18:56 »
Great looking car. That looks like a BLUE GT parked in the garage. I also have one as part of my 2 car family along with the GTD. A fantastically underrated car.
Have you got the details of the footrest for the no longer needed left leg!

I agree with your Blue GT comments. I had one (or two actually, but that's another storey) before my GTi and thought it underrated too. Fuel consumption was pretty amazing by comparison. Same journey, same conditions and roughly the same speeds the BGT would manage an indicated 47 mpg, Golf gets 33 mpg.
SOLD - 67 Golf GTi PP, 5dr, DSG in Issac Blue with rear camera, keyless entry, Dynaudio, Brescia alloys & DCC.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #2912 on: 07 May 2018, 22:11 »
Yes indeed that’s the wife’s Blue GT that she loves (heavily specced), and it’s a little pocket rocket and a cracking car.

As to the footrest, I know a lot of folk buy them from AliExpress but I got this from Super Skoda in Poland. Exactly the same sort, just as cheap (if not cheaper) and arrived in 5 days rather than 5 weeks.

http://www.superskoda.com/Volkswagen/Golf-VII/VW-Golf-VII-MK7-GTi-designed-footrest-for-RHD-cars-MANUAL-TRANSMISSION
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline JasonGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2913 on: 08 May 2018, 12:31 »
Some images - sorry got a bit carried away as usual. It’s a bit dusty with a few dead flies now due to the great warm weather at the moment and me using it today. But hey, I bought it to use it.

A few of the mods already done.

1. Lower Engine Cover

2. Chromed foot rest

3. Logo'd carpet mats and Lockwood Sill Trims

4. Sill trims and Dynaudio badge

5. Chromed Speaker cover

6. Underseat Storage Drawers

Car looks awesome mate, you've won the game.
2018 MK 7.5 GTD 3 Dr in Pure White,Extras,Front Splitter, Carbon Exhaust Tips.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #2914 on: 08 May 2018, 12:38 »
She certainly is pretty (at least to me). But then so was the GTD, and that was (and is) still a brilliant car. Just fancied a change from 15 years of diesels. To be sure though if my yearly mileage was more than my current 8-8.5 k (say up nearer 14-16 K), then I would still have her. The GTD really is a great car, and even though I now own a GTI, I will never disrespect it because for what it is (a great mile munching, frugal, fast hatchback), I genuinely believe it's the best oil burner in it's class out there.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline STmichael

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2915 on: 08 May 2018, 18:12 »
Yes indeed that’s the wife’s Blue GT that she loves (heavily specced), and it’s a little pocket rocket and a cracking car.

As to the footrest, I know a lot of folk buy them from AliExpress but I got this from Super Skoda in Poland. Exactly the same sort, just as cheap (if not cheaper) and arrived in 5 days rather than 5 weeks.

http://www.superskoda.com/Volkswagen/Golf-VII/VW-Golf-VII-MK7-GTi-designed-footrest-for-RHD-cars-MANUAL-TRANSMISSION

Just going off topic a little. A pic of the wife’s Blue GT complete with sunroof, alcantara seats and a couple of other extras.

and my 2 car drive!
GTD drivers know best!

Offline JasonGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2916 on: 09 May 2018, 08:41 »
Wahoooo ! Got an unexpected text this morning saying that my car has been built and is now in transit, a whole 3 weeks earlier than expected.

How long does transportation normally take from Wolfsburg?
2018 MK 7.5 GTD 3 Dr in Pure White,Extras,Front Splitter, Carbon Exhaust Tips.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #2917 on: 09 May 2018, 11:52 »
Mike only took 10 days from leaving to arriving at the dealers.

Offline SPIKE_CS

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2918 on: 09 May 2018, 12:03 »
Some images - sorry got a bit carried away as usual. It’s a bit dusty with a few dead flies now due to the great warm weather at the moment and me using it today. But hey, I bought it to use it.

A few of the mods already done.

1. Lower Engine Cover

2. Chromed foot rest

3. Logo'd carpet mats and Lockwood Sill Trims

4. Sill trims and Dynaudio badge

5. Chromed Speaker cover

6. Underseat Storage Drawers

Stunning looking GTI. Love the interior  :smiley:
GTI TCR - Pure White & Nice Spec!

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #2919 on: 16 May 2018, 14:17 »

I've just ordered one of these and only just noticed on my order confirmation that it says for Manual Transmission - yours is is DSG so assuming it fits no problems? Can't see another one on there.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey