Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1166730 times)

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #1510 on: 26 October 2013, 13:41 »
Thanks for that mate, here's hoping! :D
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline skippy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1511 on: 26 October 2013, 15:39 »
Think I know what you are saying about DSG. We P/X'd a Fiesta ST for a Polo GTI DSG 3 years ago.

After the fun of the ST, the magic seemed to be missing with the DSG, it felt strange and you almost feel detached driving it. After a few weeks of owning it though, I did start to enjoy it and you get used to the characteristics of the box, although as you said yourself,  it can change down or back up maybe slightly earlier than you want it to.

One thing that still frustrates me even now with it are hills. Seems to select too low a gear which prompts me to override it, again having got used to it, I tend to override it in anticipation of knowing what it is going to do.

I am of course referring to a 7 speed DSG in the Polo, but I am sure the 6 speed in the Golf must have similar characteristics. I do own a manual gearbox Scirocco also, when I get back into the 'Roc (which I love driving), it can almost feel cumbersome having to press the clutch pedal after the DSG!  :smiley:

If - I do buy a Golf GTI in the future though, I am pretty certain it will be a DSG.

MK7.5 2020, Isaac Blue, standard spec

Gone but certainly not forgotten Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TSI

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1512 on: 26 October 2013, 15:48 »
Jimble: Hopefully the DSG will grow on you. Not for thanks, found it highly annoying on my demo test drive. Put in manual mode and it still tries to change up for you etc. Hopefully you aren't underwhelmed for long.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Ginagee

• Here all the time
« Reply #1513 on: 26 October 2013, 16:35 »
I too had a DSG for test drive in manual mode. You'd put your foot down, but the power didn't kick in for a few milli seconds. It didn't inspire me to order the DSG. When you want the power, you want it now (for overtaking/critical moments). I'm sure it will become second nature soon though Jimble. And as everyones saying, it's intelligent, so will learn your style of driving. :smiley:
2014 GTi Mk7 5dr Manual, Reflex Silver, PP, DNS, Dynaudio, Pano Roof.

Offline Darlo

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1514 on: 26 October 2013, 16:59 »
Well i think I am posting in the right place?!

Long story short, looked at options to replace out 18 month old JCW Mini, figured with delivery times for the GTI i would start looking now. Walked in to Old Trafford VW and spotted a new unregistered GTI, exactly what i wanted ie white! Other than that is is standard. After nearly two hours of negotiation and nearly walking away twice, i got the deal i wanted. I collect it Wednesday I am very excited!

Old (will be sad to see it go)

New

I am a huge car enthusiast and have been through far too many cars. Im hoping this one is a keeper!

Offline Nairn1980

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1515 on: 26 October 2013, 17:21 »
Darlo that JCW Is a little cracker :)

Offline Darlo

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1516 on: 26 October 2013, 17:49 »

Cheers mate. Really sad to see it go, its a fantastic car, but having been shopping round for a week or so i knew i was getting a really good deal and this way dont have to wait for a factory built one.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #1517 on: 26 October 2013, 18:02 »

Cheers mate. Really sad to see it go, its a fantastic car, but having been shopping round for a week or so i knew i was getting a really good deal and this way dont have to wait for a factory built one.

Why did you get rid of your JCW so quickly? It looks a cracking wee car!

Offline Darlo

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1518 on: 26 October 2013, 18:16 »
I keep asking myself the same question!

Basically the Mrs collected her brand new Country ALL4 S last month, i joked with salesman how much i liked the JCW clubman. He emailed me a few prices. The seed was then planted for a new car! The clubman was big money, then happened to see the GTI could be had for less than a clubman. I loved the GTI on the test drive, totally different driving experiance than my JCW.

I have nearly bought a couple of GTI's in the past, and it has been on my list list of 'must own' cars. The figures came in, cost me nothing to change and only £5 a month more.... no brainer!

Offline mike77t5

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1519 on: 27 October 2013, 06:17 »
Right then. Just been down the stealers to replace my 3 year old golf, and I ordered a GTD. Had a bit of a dilemma about the paint, and after comparing brilliant black and pearl black for many minutes I decided the pearl was worth the extra £500, as the standard black was a bit flat tbh. Went for a GTD 5dr with the pearl black paint, but that was it, as I thought the standard kit was pretty good. Car came out at £26500 but my cousin who has a good job at Audi, managed to get me staff discount on the car and now I am paying £23100 for it with guard x thrown in also. Should be receiving it on March 1st cannot wait, its gonna be the bo11ocks!  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 27 October 2013, 09:22 by mike77t5 »
GTD