Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1166729 times)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #1450 on: 16 October 2013, 15:14 »
OT, but I can recommend Santander.  Their online service is really good and very easy to use - and no hassle with transfers etc - money in and out moves instantly.  On the flip side I recommend not using RBS - the complete opposite - they are complete (unts when it comes to holding onto your money longer than they should.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Ginagee

• Here all the time
« Reply #1451 on: 16 October 2013, 16:40 »
Can definitely recommend Santander. I paid for last car by BACS using their website, FoC and went through seamlessly. Matchboy is right, the online account system is really easy to use. The 123 Current account is good as it pays interest & you get cash back on stuff too. Only thing wasn't good was sending money abroad, they wanted £25 for it. First Direct only charge £9, plus First Direct are good as you get to speak to a real person (in this country!) straight away, but they charge you £10 a month if your balance goes below a certain amount.
2014 GTi Mk7 5dr Manual, Reflex Silver, PP, DNS, Dynaudio, Pano Roof.

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #1452 on: 16 October 2013, 17:18 »
Thanks for input guys.  I do not have an online account.  I work with computers a lot and know how easy it can be to get hold of details if you really want to,  not divulging any more info on this subject may get in trouble for knowing too much.  :wink:

Anyway because of this I am reluctant to get an online account.  I know how much easier it makes things and how they say they are secure these days.  But believe me when I say if you want to get hold of details it can be done, I have seen it demonstrated.  The only thing I have seen which may be a little more secure than the rest is the separate PIN Sentry devices. 

Apologies for hijacking this thread with bank talk, it seems to have evolved in to a completely different thread due to this.  To cut the long story short so far as I am aware now I have paid for both Insurance and Car and the pick up date is looming ever closer. 

Great to see another Oryx White car in the recent photos.  I have just been told again how much attention my car is getting at VW Exeter. It must be one of their first GTI Mk7 cars, demo not included.   

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1453 on: 16 October 2013, 18:54 »
Thanks for input guys.  I do not have an online account.  I work with computers a lot and know how easy it can be to get hold of details if you really want to,  not divulging any more info on this subject may get in trouble for knowing too much.  :wink:

Anyway because of this I am reluctant to get an online account.  I know how much easier it makes things and how they say they are secure these days.  But believe me when I say if you want to get hold of details it can be done, I have seen it demonstrated.  The only thing I have seen which may be a little more secure than the rest is the separate PIN Sentry devices. 

Apologies for hijacking this thread with bank talk, it seems to have evolved in to a completely different thread due to this.  To cut the long story short so far as I am aware now I have paid for both Insurance and Car and the pick up date is looming ever closer. 

Great to see another Oryx White car in the recent photos.  I have just been told again how much attention my car is getting at VW Exeter. It must be one of their first GTI Mk7 cars, demo not included.

Pointless hacking my account as f7ck all in there!  :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline DougL

• Here all the time
« Reply #1454 on: 16 October 2013, 19:16 »
Not quite what I expected - you'll find an explanation in the dealer prep thread  :wink: Before I left, the saleswoman and I pulled off all the protective stuff from inside and outside the car, which was absolutely loads of fun  :grin:

Once I have cleaned it I'll let you have some better pics!

Tornado Red GTI 3dr manual

Previous Golfs Mk1 GLS and GL, Mk2 GL and Driver, Mk3 GL, Mk4 GT TDI, Mk6 TDI (and a Mk2 Scirocco 20 years ago)

Offline Ginagee

• Here all the time
« Reply #1455 on: 16 October 2013, 23:09 »
Yes, bet that was fun... like unwrapping the best present ever!
2014 GTi Mk7 5dr Manual, Reflex Silver, PP, DNS, Dynaudio, Pano Roof.

Offline DougL

• Here all the time
« Reply #1456 on: 17 October 2013, 07:32 »
That's exactly what it was like. The hardest bit was getting the white plastic wrap off the rear window spoiler and that  P written in crayon on the window. Tried meths, nail varnish remover and finally a magic eraser to get that off.
Tornado Red GTI 3dr manual

Previous Golfs Mk1 GLS and GL, Mk2 GL and Driver, Mk3 GL, Mk4 GT TDI, Mk6 TDI (and a Mk2 Scirocco 20 years ago)

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #1457 on: 17 October 2013, 08:48 »
It seems cars are coming in thick and fast now.  Only two days to go for mine.  This is worse than Christmas :laugh:

Offline dirvy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1458 on: 17 October 2013, 16:22 »
is it CSG , or do you all get attacked with bird sh!t. Seems to be a new one every day, yesterday's was right across door handle.

Didn't have this trouble with my white mk 6 or red ed30

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1459 on: 17 October 2013, 18:02 »
is it CSG , or do you all get attacked with bird sh!t. Seems to be a new one every day, yesterday's was right across door handle.

Didn't have this trouble with my white mk 6 or red ed30

I live on the upper banks of the Tyne, above the fish quay and the seagulls do seem to target blue, grey and black cars.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.