Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1166721 times)

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #1210 on: 25 September 2013, 22:15 »
Those wheels really do look great!

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #1211 on: 25 September 2013, 22:23 »
Stunning Mark! Your man looks like he has done a great job and as Bill says the wheels are awesome!!

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1212 on: 25 September 2013, 22:29 »
Thanks chaps! He was well worth the money!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #1213 on: 25 September 2013, 22:39 »
Thanks chaps! He was well worth the money!

Car looks good those rims look amazing. The detailer has surely done a job there.
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.

Offline Valenni

• Here all the time
« Reply #1214 on: 25 September 2013, 23:02 »
Dude that is immense!! Lovely mate.
Proud owner of a Pure white Golf GTD  - Adaptive Chassis Control - Panoramic sunroof - Dynaudio sound pack.

Offline sam67GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #1215 on: 26 September 2013, 09:19 »
Fantastic car matchboy, looks amazingly shiny after detailing. However, I will not mention your photography "skills"  :grin:
VW Golf R 7.5 | 3 Door | DSG | Lapiz Blue | Black Pretorias | Dynaudio | DCC | Rear Reversing Camera | Black Mirror Caps

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1216 on: 26 September 2013, 10:22 »
However, I will not mention your photography "skills"  :grin:

:grin: I missed my calling!  :whistle:
Audi RS5 2018
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #1217 on: 26 September 2013, 13:00 »
So after spending what seemed like an age looking out of the window last night making sure it was safe and it really was there. I drove it in to work this morning. My initial thoughts during my 5 mile commute were as follows:

On initial start up it sounds very quiet, well in comparison to my previous a3 diesel.
Handling is amazing so intuitive and easy to manoeuvre. Picks up speed with ease and I can see how you can get carried away by planting your foot because it sounds good. I'm trying to keep it up to 3000rpm at the moment. The media system is easy to use as is the hooking up the good ol' iPhone. The settings, I think I'm going to need a good day to set it the way I want it.

Absolutely love the drl looks the bees knees.

On my commute in I normally hit 37-45mpg. I didn't get above 29mpg that's prob because of the running in.

Also car set to long service 20000 miles. Eventhough I got the three service pack. I called the dealer and he said we have noted it on out system for you to bring it in after 10000 or 12 months.

My only gripe would be and I don't know if it's the setting is the mirror dropping to show the curb on reverse. Currently only the passenger side drops on reverse not the driver side. What if I'm parking with the driver side close to the curb. Can this be changed to both in the settings?

Also whilst I adore the all black look, I can see how hard it will be to maintain it or well it will be a labour of love.

One thing I must add is that it's head and shoulders above the other cars in the office car park and that's coming from my CEO. Who drives a 525d fully loaded. He said he may go an get one next.

I will try and upload More detailed pics tomorrow after i've given it a proper clean. Also, a more in depth review after I take it to Welshpool and back for the weekend.

For those of you waiting you will not be disappointed. I guarantee it. I've just made an excuse to go home just so I can drive it again.

If anyone can't tell I'm absolutely  :laugh: :laugh:
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1218 on: 26 September 2013, 13:06 »
Also car set to long service 20000 miles. Eventhough I got the three service pack. I called the dealer and he said we have noted it on out system for you to bring it in after 10000 or 12 months.

My only gripe would be and I don't know if it's the setting is the mirror dropping to show the curb on reverse. Currently only the passenger side drops on reverse not the driver side. What if I'm parking with the driver side close to the curb. Can this be changed to both in the settings?

Nice write up!  Glad you're enjoying your new motor!!!  Worth the wait eh!

The point about the service interval is an excellent one - I also made sure I specified this prior to pick up as otherwise they'll put you on a long life service, and then you won't get your money's worth from the service pack!

Question on the dipping mirror - what setting do you have the nob on to make this happen?  Doesn't work on mine and it should.  Also, I'm pretty sure only the passenger side mirror moves down and not on the driver's side.
Audi RS5 2018

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #1219 on: 26 September 2013, 13:10 »
Glad your lovin it mate! Don't think i've read a bad word about the car itself yet other than a couple of gripes. :cool:

FYI it's only the passenger side mirror that dips not the drivers side.
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂