Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2788166 times)

Offline king monkey

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #10840 on: 18 October 2020, 14:29 »
Oh and if anyone’s interested I’m not going for the TCR. Financially would have been ok. My car had no negative equity after the 18 months I’ve had it. Can’t complain!

Did you take another test drive in the end or was it just not for you?

Just wasn’t quite for me in the end. I could easily have made it work as it would have been the same pm as my R after speaking to my loan company. But it wasn’t different enough. Despite my mad thoughts, i do actually love my R. I probably want to go differently next time despite being interested in the Mk8 CS. My wife has just got an Up which is brilliant so will look at an Up GTI at some point in the future. If I’d been ready for swappping (eg 3/4 years in) I’d have possibly gone for it. Can totally see why you did, Watts. Cracking car.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #10841 on: 18 October 2020, 17:09 »
Just wasn’t quite for me in the end. I could easily have made it work as it would have been the same pm as my R after speaking to my loan company. But it wasn’t different enough. Despite my mad thoughts, i do actually love my R. I probably want to go differently next time despite being interested in the Mk8 CS. My wife has just got an Up which is brilliant so will look at an Up GTI at some point in the future. If I’d been ready for swappping (eg 3/4 years in) I’d have possibly gone for it. Can totally see why you did, Watts. Cracking car.

I get that, nice to be in the position to decide :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Al1040

• Here all the time
« Reply #10842 on: 22 October 2020, 10:20 »
Had to put it on charge this morning... After a 20 min trip to an appointment, sat waiting for about 40 mins with the radio on getting ready to start up to return home and it would not fire up.... then get a battery low warning, thanks a bunch I think I found that out :embarrassed:
Fortunately a very nice lady has a portable charger in her car which worked a treat.
Will have to remember as I'm not using the car that much it does need charging periodically and of course put the jump leads in the car and have a look for a portable battery pack!
67 Plate Mk 7.5 GTD DSG

Offline Aidey

• Here all the time
« Reply #10843 on: 22 October 2020, 10:37 »
I have tried everything to get a few streaks off the windscreen, there are a few lines running down, no idea what it is but its been there since new, ive tried all sorts, nothing shifts it!! everytime the car steams up like they do, you see the lines :rolleyes:
Owner Mk8 ClubSport
Sold Mk8 Golf R....
Sold Gti DSG 2020 Performance Indium Grey .....
Gti Sold... ClubSport Edition 40 , ... Sold Aug 2018....

Offline Rob_benton

• Here all the time
« Reply #10844 on: 22 October 2020, 12:36 »
I have tried everything to get a few streaks off the windscreen, there are a few lines running down, no idea what it is but its been there since new, ive tried all sorts, nothing shifts it!! everytime the car steams up like they do, you see the lines :rolleyes:

What have you used ? Cutting compound, wire wool, magic sponge, vinegar, apc ?
2014 gti pp dsg

Offline Aidey

• Here all the time
« Reply #10845 on: 22 October 2020, 12:48 »
Loads of different cleaning products for windscreens, with different grades of cloths, distilled vinegar mix, not brave enough to scratch it with wire wool though :shocked:
Owner Mk8 ClubSport
Sold Mk8 Golf R....

Offline watchdog

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #10846 on: 22 October 2020, 12:58 »

I know this sounds daft but, one of the best ways to clean local marks from glass is toothpaste (any make you like).  Its brilliant for cleaning glasses lenses without damage.

Offline Aidey

• Here all the time
« Reply #10847 on: 22 October 2020, 14:02 »
I'll give it a try, cheers
Owner Mk8 ClubSport
Sold Mk8 Golf R....

Offline Rob_benton

• Here all the time
« Reply #10848 on: 22 October 2020, 15:15 »
Loads of different cleaning products for windscreens, with different grades of cloths, distilled vinegar mix, not brave enough to scratch it with wire wool though :shocked:

Google wire wool on detailing world. It’s fine.
2014 gti pp dsg

Offline Aidey

• Here all the time
« Reply #10849 on: 22 October 2020, 15:31 »

Google wire wool on detailing world. It’s fine.

Ok i will have a look, thank you
Owner Mk8 ClubSport
Sold Mk8 Golf R....