Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2788068 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #1680 on: 07 February 2015, 22:21 »
Took it for a dry down to Canterbury and realised B7 RS4 really aren't all that  :grin:

Well after presumably showing up the RS4 driver, the least you could have done was drive it past my house so I could get a quick glance at it as you flashed by  :grin:

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #1681 on: 07 February 2015, 22:39 »
I think  i'll be gettiing one of those footrests and a front/back dashcam for the R in May.

Have you looked into which dashcam yet?
That will be my next mod I think, possibly an e-prance.
Although a couple of folk on here have had problems with radio interference on the rear dashcam.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline ffrank

• Here all the time
« Reply #1682 on: 09 February 2015, 11:22 »
Discovered someone had egged my car on the boot. :huh: Unfortunately the egg had set hard by the time I came to wash it and it was an absolute git to get off.

Parked my wife's car up behind me once it was dark and saw in her headlights I had introduced some swirls to the egg area  :sick:  :cry:

(Waits for inevitable egg jokes.)

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #1683 on: 09 February 2015, 11:26 »
Discovered someone had egged my car on the boot. :huh: Unfortunately the egg had set hard by the time I came to wash it and it was an absolute git to get off.

Parked my wife's car up behind me once it was dark and saw in her headlights I had introduced some swirls to the egg area  :sick:  :cry:

(Waits for inevitable egg jokes.)

If we must :smiley:

The danger of these eggs to your paintwork is no yolk! If I saw someone throwing eggs at my baby id be in shell-shock. It wasnt last fryday was it?
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1684 on: 09 February 2015, 11:37 »
Car in to Mill today for repair and Europcar has just rang me to confirm they will be turning up with a DSG Skoda Superb. So Ensurance decline the offer of a courtesy car from Mill because it won't be a VW, then set me up with a Skoda anyway, and can't get me a manual (I asked, they have no manual VAG cars in right now)? Useless. Should've just allowed me to have Mills courtesy car to keep the claim costs down. A week with a DSG car is my idea of hell.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline peterdoherty

• Here all the time
« Reply #1685 on: 09 February 2015, 11:52 »
Car in to Mill today for repair and Europcar has just rang me to confirm they will be turning up with a DSG Skoda Superb. So Ensurance decline the offer of a courtesy car from Mill because it won't be a VW, then set me up with a Skoda anyway, and can't get me a manual (I asked, they have no manual VAG cars in right now)? Useless. Should've just allowed me to have Mills courtesy car to keep the claim costs down. A week with a DSG car is my idea of hell.

Thats exactly what I've got from Enterprise - DSG isnt all that bad.
If you really cant stand it just mention to Europcar when collecting (or call up after a day) and they will sort out a change when they can without having to go via anyone else.
I had a crappy Citroen DS5 Auto from them for the 1st 2 days which felt like it had been in a major accident.
MKVII GTD DSG Carbon Grey 5DR, Dynaudio, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera, Colour MFD, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Climate Screen, Advanced Phone Kit, High Beam Assist

Offline ffrank

• Here all the time
« Reply #1686 on: 09 February 2015, 12:05 »
If we must :smiley:

The danger of these eggs to your paintwork is no yolk! If I saw someone throwing eggs at my baby id be in shell-shock. It wasnt last fryday was it?
Ha ha, quality. It actually was Fryday.

The annoying thing was I saw the egg in the morning when walking my dog, and it was still wet and I was going to wash it off when I got back from the walk - but I totally forgot  :sick:

I wish I had scrambled to wash it as soon as I saw it. I guess no one was around when they did it or I expect they would have chickened out. It got my feathers ruffled for awhile as you just don't eggspect it.

Looks like I will need to shell out for some polish. But I would rather see the sunny side up of life, and at least it wasn't pecked with a key :D

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #1687 on: 09 February 2015, 14:52 »
may be a silly question but thought I'd put it here before I start a new thread as technically it is something that I have seen today.

I have been parking my car recently on the road outside my house as opposed to my Carport in my rear garden. I have noticed that one of my few neighbours who have a sprinter van has reversed into the front of my car. Luckily no lasting damage. The only thing I can see is that the front number plate surround has cracked. That surround is a separate part that can be purchased right? its not fixed to the bumper is it.

I hate (like many others) to have the smallest of scratches or dents or mark on my car. so this will bug me until I sort it. I am due on holiday next week so I may just leave it until then.
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.

Offline 182_blue

• I live here
« Reply #1688 on: 09 February 2015, 15:05 »
They come off but are kind of bonded on in a couple of places iirc, a quick look on ETKA shows they have their own part number so should be available to buy.

may be a silly question but thought I'd put it here before I start a new thread as technically it is something that I have seen today.

I have been parking my car recently on the road outside my house as opposed to my Carport in my rear garden. I have noticed that one of my few neighbours who have a sprinter van has reversed into the front of my car. Luckily no lasting damage. The only thing I can see is that the front number plate surround has cracked. That surround is a separate part that can be purchased right? its not fixed to the bumper is it.

I hate (like many others) to have the smallest of scratches or dents or mark on my car. so this will bug me until I sort it. I am due on holiday next week so I may just leave it until then.
« Last Edit: 09 February 2015, 15:09 by 182_blue »

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #1689 on: 09 February 2015, 15:31 »
They come off but are kind of bonded on in a couple of places iirc, a quick look on ETKA shows they have their own part number so should be available to buy.

You wouldnt happen to know the part no. Im concerned now that you say it's bonded. Looking at it hopefully it should be easy (ish) to remove.
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.