Author Topic: Best Independent for work on MK7 CSS  (Read 837 times)

Online AGB

• I live here
Best Independent for work on MK7 CSS
« on: 06 May 2024, 21:28 »
Hi All

I posted a few years back (yeah, thread resurrection) looking for a great indie to service my CSS. The kind of place that does work properly and gives peace of mind.

I ended up having to take it to VW main dealer around the last time I posted as I couldn't justify a 400 mile round trip. I'm based near Cambridge so if anyone has any suggestions, be grateful for any recommendations.

I had thought of heading over to APS in Brackley, have an excuse to be in that part of the world. Does anyone have any views on them?

Thanks in advance.

Alex

MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline EB2019

• GTI forum regular
Re: Best Independent for work on MK7 CSS
« Reply #1 on: 07 May 2024, 13:26 »
Google reviews seem pretty good

70 4.9 star reviews on Google for APS, good reviews on Pistonheads too.

If you are based in Cambridge, Quattro Tech Cambridge 130 5 Star reviews?

Not used either myself, but I would either supply my own VW/trusted parts or check they do the same.

« Last Edit: 07 May 2024, 13:39 by EB2019 »

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 07 May 2024, 14:49 »
Hi All

I posted a few years back (yeah, thread resurrection) looking for a great indie to service my CSS. The kind of place that does work properly and gives peace of mind.

I ended up having to take it to VW main dealer around the last time I posted as I couldn't justify a 400 mile round trip. I'm based near Cambridge so if anyone has any suggestions, be grateful for any recommendations.

I had thought of heading over to APS in Brackley, have an excuse to be in that part of the world. Does anyone have any views on them?

Thanks in advance.

Alex

I've always been happy with the work I've had done at Quattro-Tech St Ives, and they're an honest bunch of guys. They have a few branches

Offline Peter_booker2003

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 09 May 2024, 08:40 »
Hi All

Thanks in advance.

Alex

Have used the guys at APS for some work in the last few years and always been impressed. Ed is always on the case and have always been great in getting problems sorted. My TCR is heading there for some work tomorrow actually.

Online AGB

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 20 May 2024, 23:05 »

Thanks all for replies, I've booked in at Quattro Tech in Cambridge. Harry who managed the booking was on the ball and gave a great deal of reassurance by how he managed the booking. I shall report back but for once in my dealings with a VW dealership, I have a sense of hope and optimism.  :grin:

As an act of consideration for those who value service and competence, I'd avoid Vindis Cambridge (official VW) like the plague. I wouldn't trust them to not screw up service on a menu with a single item on it. My wife took her car in for a minor service and it started well with them sending her to the sales, not service centre which left her stranded. She didn't take a loan car as she planned against the transport links next to the sales centre which were great. They also managed to disconnect the dashcam in the car at the fuse board, failed to inform us of their policy, didn't reinstate the cam and then maintained they'd disconnected it on the camera via USB. If my wife had relied on footage from that camera for any reason, the headache...

Sending a car into a VW dealership now is an exercise in legislating for every dimension of incompetence. The last time I took my car into a dealership for an MOT and tyre change, they failed the car on the MOT. Yep, apparently I needed two new tyres. Take a bow Glen at VW Bury St Edmunds.
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 21 May 2024, 09:37 »
This disconnecting of dash cams and then trying to hide behind Gdpr is total and utter bo44ocks. It's only done so you can't see them ragging the car about! Absolutely boils my pi44.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 21 May 2024, 11:26 »

Thanks all for replies, I've booked in at Quattro Tech in Cambridge. Harry who managed the booking was on the ball and gave a great deal of reassurance by how he managed the booking. I shall report back but for once in my dealings with a VW dealership, I have a sense of hope and optimism.  :grin:

As an act of consideration for those who value service and competence, I'd avoid Vindis Cambridge (official VW) like the plague. I wouldn't trust them to not screw up service on a menu with a single item on it. My wife took her car in for a minor service and it started well with them sending her to the sales, not service centre which left her stranded. She didn't take a loan car as she planned against the transport links next to the sales centre which were great. They also managed to disconnect the dashcam in the car at the fuse board, failed to inform us of their policy, didn't reinstate the cam and then maintained they'd disconnected it on the camera via USB. If my wife had relied on footage from that camera for any reason, the headache...

Sending a car into a VW dealership now is an exercise in legislating for every dimension of incompetence. The last time I took my car into a dealership for an MOT and tyre change, they failed the car on the MOT. Yep, apparently I needed two new tyres. Take a bow Glen at VW Bury St Edmunds.

Vindis Huntingdon didn't log one of the services on the logbook back in 2019 or 2020 so now I don't have full service history, so thanks for that, guys.

OTOH, when I needed an MOT desperately because I'd stupidly left it too late, I phoned QT, who initially said they couldn't fit it in, but then Kelvin asked who I was, and I guess saw that I'd been there before so squeezed it in. This was right before Christmas.

Also, I had (have) a miniscule waterpump leak. They could've said that it needed doing at £700, I wouldn't have known, but they just said keep an eye on it. Good guys.