Author Topic: F17BAD G3 GTI. S3 TURBO  (Read 422594 times)

Offline Vdubbster

• I live here
Re: KELLS, BLACK OE+ EARLY G3 GTI
« Reply #70 on: 24 September 2008, 20:57 »
you sticking with the standard rims?

kells

« Reply #71 on: 24 September 2008, 22:12 »
you sticking with the standard rims?

Hmmmmmmm its a hard one for me, i have a second set of standard rims which are going to have something done to them... i really am trying to keep it OE plus look inc the rims, as i love how it looks, but theirs a few rims i also do like...its taking alot of thought, i dont want to kill it...

will see what i thin k when i do what i plan to the second set of rims i have got.. :cool:

Offline mk2majik

• GTI forum regular
  • old skool cool
« Reply #72 on: 25 September 2008, 09:56 »
Never really liked the mk3 gti,UNTIL NOW your car rocks mate makes me want to sell the mk2 and buy one simply stunning OEM+ all the way for me,know what you mean about wheel choice its so important it will make it or break it took me a while to decide on the ronals but think i got away with it,good luck dude  :smiley:

kells

« Reply #73 on: 25 September 2008, 10:05 »
Never really liked the mk3 gti,UNTIL NOW your car rocks mate makes me want to sell the mk2 and buy one simply stunning OEM+ all the way for me,know what you mean about wheel choice its so important it will make it or break it took me a while to decide on the ronals but think i got away with it,good luck dude  :smiley:

Thank you very much for the comment! :smiley:

means alot coming from someone with a very nice mk 2.. and yes you deffo pulled it off with the rims on your car, looks gorgeous :cool:

kells

« Reply #74 on: 24 November 2008, 13:17 »
Just a very quick update

purchased 2 sets of wheels

1 more set of standard GTI rims same as whats already on my car, these will be refurbed in some way or form, still deciding

and iv also picked up a set of something else too :lipsrsealed: these will be going on after the new year for summer use once they have been refurbed to the finish i want  :cool:

Offline davero

• I live here
« Reply #75 on: 24 November 2008, 15:17 »
Spill Kells, what are they

kells

« Reply #76 on: 24 November 2008, 19:29 »
all will be revealed soon :wink: :cool:

Josho

« Reply #77 on: 24 November 2008, 20:05 »
Tip for them MFA LEDs, heat up some tweezers with a lighter, or better a mini blowtorch or hob and then squeze gently on each side where the solder is, then it melts the solder, you put it in place and done.

kells

« Reply #78 on: 24 November 2008, 20:16 »
not sure what you mean their matey, their is 3 different type of dials all different in regard to how you swap the LEDS, mine have the chip leds which u cant buy, believe me i know how to swap the leds, iv done is Mannnnnnny times :grin:  and have some very nifty tools to do it with, a handfull of people have seen me do the job :cool:

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #79 on: 24 November 2008, 21:59 »
I have a feeling I know what rims you have got.