Author Topic: F17BAD G3 GTI. S3 TURBO  (Read 420172 times)

Offline remapped

• I live here
  • If you are going through Hell, keep going
Re: KELLS, BLACK OE+ EARLY G3 GTI
« Reply #50 on: 11 May 2008, 23:40 »
car looking  :cool: :cool: kells !!

also temped to blacken the rear parts of the orange on mine !
OEM(ish) G3GTi 8v5dr

kells

« Reply #51 on: 13 May 2008, 20:27 »
Cheers matey :wink:
the back lights really look cool in person, had a few folk stop me and ask where i bought them haha..

MOT time tomo :rolleyes: :cool:

kells

« Reply #52 on: 01 August 2008, 22:21 »
tiny update,

Fitted these rear headrests (finally) last week, genuine kit from the dealers, had to take seats to bits to fit :laugh:

Gave her a full service last weekend too, did absolutly everything, all the filters, spark plugs, all fluids bla bla bla, got all parts at the dealer for cost price and got the oil their for free, bonus :)
Car runs super sweet as a nut!!!!

anyhow, pic of headrests in the rear

and gave it a quick clean earlier...

Offline tom26

• I live here
  • team chumpy.
« Reply #53 on: 08 August 2008, 11:27 »
car looking awesome.
very tidy and understated - great job!

kells

« Reply #54 on: 08 August 2008, 13:26 »
car looking awesome.
very tidy and understated - great job!

Thanx tom matey :wink: :cool:

kells

« Reply #55 on: 30 August 2008, 21:10 »
Tiny update

decided to fit a new coolant bottle as mine was soooo stained from the old orange coolant which has been used all its life, tried everhything to clean it but results were not what i wanted.

Got the old bottle off and had my new G12 Pink coolant at the ready

Got the super clear/white bottle on and the coolant in, just gotta re do the levels tomorrow :)  i can now see the bloody levels at last!!

all good now :)

got the (now super rare) Rain Wizzard so will try this stuff out on all glass, mirrors and lights

love the container it comes in,

more updates coming soon...
« Last Edit: 30 August 2008, 21:15 by kells »

Offline davero

• I live here
« Reply #56 on: 30 August 2008, 22:09 »
First time reading this thread, kells. Awesome car you got there mate. Very mean and moody

kells

« Reply #57 on: 30 August 2008, 22:19 »
First time reading this thread, kells. Awesome car you got there mate. Very mean and moody

Thanx Dave, appreciate the comment :wink: :cool:

Offline kniterider

• I live here
  • had most, sold most and often buy more!
« Reply #58 on: 30 August 2008, 22:23 »
for a 5door like mine i kind of like where your going... deffo need the new bottle... mine looks like a rusty spunk ball too.... ,  deffo need one of those and some g12, how much for bottle / coolant and will the coolant do a vr6 ?? (normally independant vw garage do mine but this is strictly budget so its all diy.. lol)

:cool:

kells

« Reply #59 on: 30 August 2008, 22:41 »
for a 5door like mine i kind of like where your going... deffo need the new bottle... mine looks like a rusty spunk ball too.... ,  deffo need one of those and some g12, how much for bottle / coolant and will the coolant do a vr6 ?? (normally independant vw garage do mine but this is strictly budget so its all diy.. lol)

:cool:

hi matey

yeah trying to keep the golf looking OE ish but slightly more mean, it seems to works for it, get alot of attention when im out in it, the 5 doors were needed as this car is whats used to run my club events, so she does get used well and hauls some of the worlds best djs!

anyhow, the bottles are around 30 quid i think, i got mine for cost price as a friend works at the dealer, the VR6 bottle is slightly different..

The G12 coolant is around 8 quid a bottle, i needed 2 as my system holds 6L, so iv done a 50 / 50 mix and it will be fine for the VR6, its the best and latest coolent they do, its actually called G12 PLUS..

the new bottle has made a huge difference to the old one, very pleased with it

right the part number for the VR6 bottle is 021 121 407 and should cost you around 28 quid
« Last Edit: 30 August 2008, 22:43 by kells »