Author Topic: F17BAD G3 GTI. S3 TURBO  (Read 422874 times)

Offline Jimp

• I live here
Re: F17BAD G3 GTI. S3 TURBO
« Reply #1590 on: 14 July 2011, 16:08 »
Shame that the car is no more, it was mint  :cry: Pics of your drifter?  :evil:
Not low enough mk5
Not on the road enough mk3

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #1591 on: 14 July 2011, 18:31 »
be good to see you jonny and smoke your jap machine whilst im at it  :evil: :evil: :kiss:

let me know when you come up, will hook up :cool:

Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline robz

• I live here
  • mk3's rule, haters gonna hate!
« Reply #1592 on: 14 July 2011, 18:46 »
:D

Believe me its a dead ringer for you! Even says something stupid!

Offline Adam

• Forum addict
« Reply #1593 on: 14 July 2011, 19:04 »
unfortunately not! Sold it onto to a kid :( and he managed to blow it up on his way home... I wasn't happy even though it wasn't mine anymore :(
Going sideways is tooooo much fun, although i am on the hunt for a passat R36  :evil:

Your telling me! I loved it but it will draw too much attention from the cops and cost you a set of tyres in 3 weeks  :evil:

Give me a Soarer 1jz any day please!

Down Hill From Here.

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #1594 on: 15 July 2011, 12:31 »
Had to bite the bullet and order a new MAF sensor today (pick it up in the morning)  brand new one from Audi Dealer because i didnt want to risk a Eurocarparts/GSF refurb item.  (heard all sorts of stuff over on the S3 and LCR forums)

Basically iv noticed Im not gettign full boost and its getting worse, done a leak test and found 3 split hoses, fixed those - slight improvement but still not getting correct boost, should bost to 14.7psi standard map and im only gettign to 10 now in 3rd and 4th gear. Can hit 15 psi in second tho

Did a test on vagcom and measured the air mass (was well below what it should be) worked out my BHP from this and it is WAYYYYYYY  below what it should be - 30BHP ish down :shocked:, only running at a measily 187bhp 

Cant wait to get new MAF on and have the power it should have - still feels like a rocket even with the loss of power !! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :smug: :nerd:
« Last Edit: 15 July 2011, 12:32 by F17BAD »

Not no ordinary GTI....

www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #1595 on: 15 July 2011, 12:54 »
Shame but I suppose this is what you get for conversion, bit of trial and error.   Well of course it will feel like a rocket, big step up from what it was running before.  :cool:

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #1596 on: 15 July 2011, 12:56 »
Shame but I suppose this is what you get for conversion, bit of trial and error.   Well of course it will feel like a rocket, big step up from what it was running before.  :cool:

Yeah apparently these MAFs are notorious for failing.. not a cheap fix either but needs must  :smiley:

Not no ordinary GTI....

www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #1597 on: 15 July 2011, 12:57 »

Yeah apparently these MAFs are notorious for failing.. not a cheap fix either but needs must  :smiley:

Can yours not be cleaned/fixed in some way?

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #1598 on: 15 July 2011, 13:03 »

Delaying the inevitable; sometimes cleaning it can kill it instantly

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #1599 on: 15 July 2011, 13:05 »

Delaying the inevitable; sometimes cleaning it can kill it instantly

I'm aware that they are super sensitive just wasn't sure if there were any solutions that were worth trying?