Author Topic: F17BAD G3 GTI. S3 TURBO  (Read 422687 times)

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
Re: F17BAD G3 GTI. S3 TURBO
« Reply #1390 on: 19 June 2011, 21:54 »
ill have to have a look

Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline tshirt2k

• I live here
  • Been there...Done that...
« Reply #1391 on: 19 June 2011, 23:03 »
Check the thread :wink:

Mk3 ABF 16VT Megasquirt V3

Tshirt knows........ How to diagnose

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #1392 on: 22 June 2011, 15:53 »
Car passed its MOT today WITHOUT A CAT

Car is a 1993 so the new regulations must be in force  :evil:

Now have a 2.5" straight through full St/St cat forsale.. it cost me 200 quid plus custom charges etc from the states.. which were 40 quid

ill take 200 for it posted if anybody wants it get in touch.. its hight quality as you would expect from anything going on my car..

1 small niggle with my speedo not working due to a ignition feed and then we are all good

Next up is a remap and Paint.... age related stone chips etc..

Try get the car ready to hit Edition 38 etc  :cool:

Not no ordinary GTI....

www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #1393 on: 22 June 2011, 15:58 »
A cat has never been needed for an MOT as long as the car passes the emissions test.

Good stuff on the pass.

Nick

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #1394 on: 22 June 2011, 16:02 »
yeah true, but it has for emmisions tho for cars 1992 onwards. But they have moved the 1992 to 1994 now so i fall into the old category, bonus :evil:

Not no ordinary GTI....

www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #1395 on: 22 June 2011, 16:04 »
Car passed its MOT today WITHOUT A CAT

Car is a 1993 so the new regulations must be in force  :evil:

Now have a 2.5" straight through full St/St cat forsale.. it cost me 200 quid plus custom charges etc from the states.. which were 40 quid

ill take 200 for it posted if anybody wants it get in touch.. its hight quality as you would expect from anything going on my car..

1 small niggle with my speedo not working due to a ignition feed and then we are all good

Next up is a remap and Paint.... age related stone chips etc..

Try get the car ready to hit Edition 38 etc  :cool:

Nice one..... ha, like you need a remap right now!  :grin:

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #1396 on: 22 June 2011, 16:10 »
Yeah TBH it feels so fast as it is, i want the remap just to sort out how the power comes in, its brutal in 3rd, 4th and 5th.. mental car!!!!

will sort the stone chips out etc and get the paint looking even fresher than what it is now

had a blast with a VR6 the other day, he thought mine was a standard GTI 8v... HAHAHA, made the VR6 look like a 1.3...  complete destroyed it but when we hit the breaks noting happened which was a tad worrying..

turns out when testing the engine before we routed all the pipers etc, one of the break lines must have touched the Turbo manifold.. it was leaking  :shocked: :shocked:  fixed that and now it stops as it should :cool:

Really love this car its almost my perfect Golf now....  100% mint paint and im their :cool:

Not no ordinary GTI....

www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #1397 on: 22 June 2011, 16:17 »
Yeah TBH it feels so fast as it is, i want the remap just to sort out how the power comes in, its brutal in 3rd, 4th and 5th.. mental car!!!!

will sort the stone chips out etc and get the paint looking even fresher than what it is now

had a blast with a VR6 the other day, he thought mine was a standard GTI 8v... HAHAHA, made the VR6 look like a 1.3...  complete destroyed it but when we hit the breaks noting happened which was a tad worrying..

turns out when testing the engine before we routed all the pipers etc, one of the break lines must have touched the Turbo manifold.. it was leaking  :shocked: :shocked:  fixed that and now it stops as it should :cool:

Really love this car its almost my perfect Golf now....  100% mint paint and im their :cool:

Glad to hear it passed :afro:

I wouldn't be wasting my time on here though....get out and drive the thing some more :evil:

Also when we getting a video of this monster?

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #1398 on: 22 June 2011, 16:22 »
im gonna give it a propper clean over the weekend and get some footage matey.. hardly driven it, only had a few drives, and on those few drives iv had a Civic type R, a VR6 and a Focus RS all get a massive shock  (the lads in the Ccivic were amazed that it had a S3 lump - said the car is SICK haha)

Its hard to believe its so fast compaired to what it was, turbo sounds mental !!!!

dont want to drive it much till we sort the lost ingition live thats causing my speedo to not work, im on this again tonight

Not no ordinary GTI....

www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #1399 on: 22 June 2011, 16:23 »
im gonna give it a propper clean over the weekend and get some footage matey.. hardly driven it, only had a few drives, and on those few drives iv had a Civic type R, a VR6 and a Focus RS all get a massive shock  (the lads in the Ccivic were amazed that it had a S3 lump - said the car is SICK haha)

Its hard to believe its so fast compaired to what it was, turbo sounds mental !!!!

dont want to drive it much till we sort the lost ingition live thats causing my speedo to not work, im on this again tonight

At least you won't be clocking up any miles............