Author Topic: F17BAD G3 GTI. S3 TURBO  (Read 422036 times)

Offline Jack3559

• I live here
Re: F17BAD G3 GTI. S3 TURBO
« Reply #1340 on: 17 June 2011, 10:01 »
Speedo not working could be the sensor on top of the gearbox if its similar to the MK4 setup  :smiley:

Could be karma from bragging!

:grin:

Good luck getting it sorted though, I know how much of a sh¡tter it is when the little things don't go to plan.

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #1341 on: 17 June 2011, 10:09 »

Regarding over heating issue, checked fan by bridging it on the plug and both speeds work, but bottom hose is not getting warm and neither are the fans inside the car.. Airlock ??????

Yep sounds like a airlock.

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #1342 on: 17 June 2011, 11:07 »
Firstly whos bragging :grin: iv had too much hate from a few people, i think i have the right to be happy about what has been acheived - this is not bragging   :smiley:

think its bad earth on the clocks, it is all plugged in on the g/box, Alternator wired wrong and a air lock.. so hopefully nothing major. gonna try fix these bugs this afternoon.. wanna get this on the road because that power is very adictive!!!! gonna have to watch my rubber tho, was easy to get it to spin

Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline mark-mk3gti

• I live here
« Reply #1343 on: 17 June 2011, 11:17 »
Speedo not working could be the sensor on top of the gearbox if its similar to the MK4 setup  :smiley:

Could be karma from bragging!

:grin:

Good luck getting it sorted though, I know how much of a sh¡tter it is when the little things don't go to plan.

Don't get it, when's he bragged? I've read and kept up with brads thread and don't recall bragging, nothing wrong with being happy bout what your doing, and it is in his dub ride thread, not like he's in the mk3 section saying his mk3 is better than anyone else's, (although he could :) )
Sorry, just don't understand why people have to say silly things, bugs me, but that's my opinion, I'm sure you meant it in jest and not how it read...

Good luck with fixing the niggles, isnt the earth for the clocks where the bonnet pull is: behind the plastic panel? There is one there could be worth a clean? Also could try putting other clocks In; to confirm it's not your knew ones..

Good luck mate....

Offline Jack3559

• I live here
« Reply #1344 on: 17 June 2011, 11:23 »
 :grin: :rolleyes:

I think you've missed the point.

I was joking anyway.

oem rare parts for the golf 3 are stuff like  16v anniversary clocks, and yeah iv got some  :cool: :drool:  :smug: 

Plus the amount of times I've read on here about a low milage S3 engine!

You've got every right to be proud, you and Ben are doing a good job.

I was kidding about the bragging thing.

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #1345 on: 17 June 2011, 11:33 »
:grin: :rolleyes:

I think you've missed the point.

I was joking anyway.

oem rare parts for the golf 3 are stuff like  16v anniversary clocks, and yeah iv got some  :cool: :drool:  :smug: 

Plus the amount of times I've read on here about a low milage S3 engine!

You've got every right to be proud, you and Ben are doing a good job.

I was kidding about the bragging thing.

Brad never bites anymore, he's used to people taking the p!ss  :grin:

Anyway it's more of a smugness/proudness, he knows it's awesome and we all know it's awesome.  :cool: :smug: Time and effort has always gone into this Golf and has always paid off.  :smiley:

There is only a small amount of times people can say "That's amazing!"  :grin:

Magazine feature soon, i bet you! :afro:

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #1346 on: 17 June 2011, 11:37 »
Thanks for that wherry,
 :wink: :cool:

Not no ordinary GTI....

www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline sharki786

• I live here
  • GOT BOOST??
« Reply #1347 on: 17 June 2011, 15:12 »
loving the turbo wistle.
I remember when i was in dewsbury and was driving back from dewsbury delights and saw kells car at night. all i said was farking hell that looks sexy! and i think i flashed at you but cant remember. when im next down in dews il pop over to you see the sketch!  :cool:
*****MK3 Anniversary*****
*****MK4 GTI T*****

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #1348 on: 17 June 2011, 15:19 »
Good luck man. From having done a  few home brew engine swaps it's the gremlins and fault finding after the main part that's been done that alwys drives me potty. It will give you grief for a few weeks once it's on the road ans expect to call the AA at least once but when it's settled and all sorted it feels like such an awesome achievement.

Nick

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #1349 on: 17 June 2011, 15:59 »
Cheers guys ;-)

Update time

Overheating issue is all ok I think it's just a bad earth to the clocks which in turn is giving false readings. Had it running for 20 mins and the needle never past the half way mark, bottom hose got warm as did the heaters. I did get some air out of the system tho so maybe it was a air lock.

Alternator issue is sorted, was a bad connection

Only issue now is the bad earth to the clocks, the maf does not work either but does when the battery charger is connected to the battery and turned on

Getting very close now to hititing the road again

Not no ordinary GTI....

www.mixcloud.com/kells/