Author Topic: F17BAD G3 GTI. S3 TURBO  (Read 424862 times)

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
Re: F17BAD G3 GTI. S3 TURBO
« Reply #1280 on: 14 June 2011, 10:51 »
Thanks mate, basically just waiting for Colin the cat to arrive from the states.

A few brackets to fabricate up and that's it, then I'll run her for a few weeks see if anything needs swapping about etc. Once happy I'll go get the bespoke remap, also prob dump the oil after a few thousand miles and re fill, plus drop the sump and clean it all out including the pick up pipe. Would have done this before but wanted to make sure it ran before I start taking bits off haha ;-)

Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #1281 on: 14 June 2011, 10:58 »
Thanks mate, basically just waiting for Colin the cat to arrive from the states.

A few brackets to fabricate up and that's it, then I'll run her for a few weeks see if anything needs swapping about etc. Once happy I'll go get the bespoke remap, also prob dump the oil after a few thousand miles and re fill, plus drop the sump and clean it all out including the pick up pipe. Would have done this before but wanted to make sure it ran before I start taking bits off haha ;-)

Sounds like a good plan... Try not to plant your foot until you're really happy everything is good, the temptation will be hard to resist though!  :grin:

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #1282 on: 14 June 2011, 11:09 »
Really can't wait to drive it. Gonna be a
Big change from the old 8v lump

Not no ordinary GTI....

www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #1283 on: 14 June 2011, 11:12 »

BIG indeed... take a long time for you to get bored of it I think... you wouldn't even have to tank it to appreciate it.

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #1284 on: 14 June 2011, 11:45 »

BIG indeed... take a long time for you to get bored of it I think... you wouldn't even have to tank it to appreciate it.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking too, tbh I was never board of the car before and I'm usually used to more powerfully cars than the 8v, It was never as bad as folk make out on the forums 

Not no ordinary GTI....

www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #1285 on: 14 June 2011, 14:10 »
The need for more power never goes away. A mate of mine had a 2.0 Type R powered classic mini. It was mental fast, like 911 beating fast. He got bored so supercharged it. That kept him happy for about 6 months then he had to break out the Nos to get the thrill. To be honest the thing was lethal, would spin the front wheels at 130mph in top gear in the dry and topped out at 146mph bouncing off the limiter. Proper frightening but proper cool.

Anyhoo, this is all going swimmingly, look forward to the reviews after it's completed.

nick

Offline robz

• I live here
  • mk3's rule, haters gonna hate!
« Reply #1286 on: 14 June 2011, 14:33 »
looking good kells! exciting stuff!

nick, was that the red one?? forget his name now.. off minifinity :D immense!!

Believe me its a dead ringer for you! Even says something stupid!

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #1287 on: 14 June 2011, 14:41 »
Got any idea when the Cat is due down matey? is there an ETA?

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #1288 on: 14 June 2011, 14:59 »
Colin (the Cat) left chicago on the 10th of this month so shpuld be in UK now

HOWEVER....

just had a chat to my MOT guy at the local Performance centre (BHP Centre - Batley)  and he was just telling me the laws on the cats were revised recently, and now cars up to August 94 can pass on the old legislation which means my car falls into this band (No cat needed :rolleyes:

My custom downpipe is so long (so you can modify at your own spec to fit whatever exhaust you want) and it is about bang on to fitting my Jetex without no cat, if i add the fitment pipe you get with the jetex i think it will fit with minimal been needed to cut off the downpipe..

Car booked in for MOT friday, cat or no cat haha, gonna trial fit tonight with no cat, see if it will work..

my oil sensor arrives at the dealer tomo (genuine parts used) as does my MK4 golf windscreen washer bottle and new Dipstick from audi plus a few other little service bits i need

i just need to get a silicone bit to extend my induction kit so i can mount this were the mk3 windscreen bottle is at present, then we are all good

Car could be on the road FRIDAY!!!!!!
« Last Edit: 14 June 2011, 15:02 by F17BAD »

Not no ordinary GTI....

www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline robz

• I live here
  • mk3's rule, haters gonna hate!
« Reply #1289 on: 14 June 2011, 15:48 »
brill mate!
fingers crossed it flys through!

Believe me its a dead ringer for you! Even says something stupid!