Author Topic: F17BAD G3 GTI. S3 TURBO  (Read 424757 times)

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
Re: KELLS, BLACK G3 GTI..
« Reply #1250 on: 11 June 2011, 22:48 »
insurance have agreed the value to 7.5k!!!!   :smiley:

car will be getting new paint, does not really need it but the front end has age related stone chips (the car is almost 19 year sold and on original paint)

colour change?

absolutly not matey..

took me ages to find a flat black early mk3 GTI, will be same colour. as i say it does not really need it, but seen as iv now gone this far.....

plus one of my best mates owns a Bodyshop and is wanting to put his stamp on the car.. who am i to stand in his way  :evil:

Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline Bellend

• I live here
« Reply #1251 on: 11 June 2011, 22:48 »
Cheers bruv.. see how i get on with it.. can easily switch to plain black again if i change the old mind on it :-)

No worries man, hope I can do my 16v conversion (would be 1.8t or VR but £££) to the same level, don't care if it takes the full 6 months, want it right. Is just so much better. Car's gotta be worth a fair bit now! Especially if you get it blown over!

Erm, just buy an original 16v or VR?

Not my thread but no.

Cheaper insurance on a conversion and my car and want to keep it that way, plus the shell is rust free.

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.

Offline cняis

• I live here
  • Know there's something burning over there...
« Reply #1252 on: 11 June 2011, 22:51 »
Cheers bruv.. see how i get on with it.. can easily switch to plain black again if i change the old mind on it :-)

No worries man, hope I can do my 16v conversion (would be 1.8t or VR but £££) to the same level, don't care if it takes the full 6 months, want it right. Is just so much better. Car's gotta be worth a fair bit now! Especially if you get it blown over!

Not my thread but no.

Cheaper insurance on a conversion and my car and want to keep it that way, plus the shell is rust free.

Ok well i wont clutter up brads thread anymore but surely you're reshelling a 16v as you'd want all the car except the panels. I cant see how insurance will be cheaper on a conversion  :undecided:

I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline Bellend

• I live here
« Reply #1253 on: 11 June 2011, 22:59 »

Not my thread but no.

Ok well i wont clutter up brads thread anymore but surely you're reshelling a 16v as you'd want all the car except the panels. I cant see how insurance will be cheaper on a conversion  :undecided:

Lol Sorry Brad!

Because it will be a 2l 16v Golf. Not a "GTi". It won't have the badge kinda thing.

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #1254 on: 11 June 2011, 22:59 »
hehe its ok guys   :cool:

Not no ordinary GTI....

www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline pablo64

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1255 on: 12 June 2011, 10:02 »
Boost gauge looks cool as does your dash illumination, loving this car, excellent attention to detail, ideal mk3 respect matey

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #1256 on: 12 June 2011, 19:28 »
Loving the boost gauge, great idea :afro:

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #1257 on: 12 June 2011, 19:53 »
Like the idea of the boost gauge but don't like the location. Looks weird without the heater vent there.

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #1258 on: 12 June 2011, 20:34 »
its my prefered location - tried a it on the cowling infront of the dials and i hated it as it looked too fussy for my liking and i didnt want it jap style on the A pillar..  i dont use those middle vents, i never have because of the dust it causes (my OCD) so this is the ideal location to use for me.

TBH, its a case of functionality over aesthetics really, that said, i love it so its all good  :cool:

Not no ordinary GTI....

www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #1259 on: 12 June 2011, 22:23 »
I think it looks pretty good there as well and like yourself, never ever use the centre vents.