Author Topic: F17BAD G3 GTI. S3 TURBO  (Read 424713 times)

Offline Mikester

• Forum addict
  • Civic Type R
Re: KELLS, BLACK G3 GTI..
« Reply #1090 on: 01 June 2011, 00:07 »
Update required i think, its been a few days.

Offline benvictors

• I live here
  • bgk Tuning - coming soon!!!
« Reply #1091 on: 01 June 2011, 08:50 »
I'll do a quick update then  :wink:
The green machine is pretty much all back together now and ready for shipping off to Kells' mate, just got the gear linkage to fidlle with an thats done.
We are waiting on the cat to turn up from America and then thats pretty much everything we need to start putting F17BAD back together, gotta go grab some clips, hoses etc for the install but allthe major parts are just sat waiting. Im on with the fabrication of the pedal box as we spk, gonna install a new bracket to the box for the DBW pedal then spray it all up black to keep with the OEM feel. Ive a few more brackets to make for the bay, one for the relocation of the expansion tank and one for the relocation of the carbon filter, me and Kells didnt like the idea of venting the petrol fume line to atmosphere so the carbon canister stays.
Work starts Sunday on the proper install so expect lots and lots of pics and maybe even the odd vid of our progress  :wink:
Im sure I will have left some bits out so il let Kells jump in on that.
EXCITING  :laugh:

Offline robz

• I live here
  • mk3's rule, haters gonna hate!
« Reply #1092 on: 01 June 2011, 08:54 »
was the clutch the wrong way round out of interest??

Believe me its a dead ringer for you! Even says something stupid!

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #1093 on: 01 June 2011, 13:58 »
was the clutch the wrong way round out of interest??

letting my mate sort it but yea, we have run out of time to be messing with the green dragon so its built back up and looks like a car again

im currently messing with some wiring in prep for this weekend shindig which will hopefully see F17BAD back together, got loads to do, seems unreal TBH because this is going to be my ultimate MK3 Golf... 

On a side note, EDD who is an absolute Legend (you know who you are - and i know you will be reading this)  has sorted me out a set of uber rare Anniversary 16v clocks out of his very own car, which have the all importand 160MPH readout.. this means i can have my dials the same as ever but only with the correct reading for the engine as the S3 has 160 mph clocks too

Thanks mate - you know how important the dials are to me  :wink: :cool:
« Last Edit: 01 June 2011, 14:00 by F17BAD »

Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #1094 on: 01 June 2011, 18:39 »
Glad to hear good progress is being made! Looking forward to seeing some updates over the weekend, this is gonna be one hell of a car when finished :cool:

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #1095 on: 01 June 2011, 20:57 »
Cheers mate

Gearbox is all ready now

From this

to this

to this - Satin Black

Really pleased with this. brand new VR6 clutch is to go in with this too

Some of the other bits iv taken from the 16valve GTI i bought for bits are the Twin rad fans which iv cleaned up and fitted my recently new Rad to

and the rear under cover - dont see many of these!!!

and now i have 2 x under engine covers, the 16 valve one has a slightly bigger hole so ill keep the one which i can get to fit my S3 lump

(other is going to Ben so dont bother asking for it haha :grin:)

and this which iv never ever seen on a GTI before - Sump protector :cool: :cool: think this is why the 16v undercover has a slightly larger hole for the sump, hope i can get this to fit the S3 Sump

Not no ordinary GTI....

www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #1096 on: 01 June 2011, 21:42 »

I had one of these fitted to my valver up until Monday when mine decided to fly off on the M2 at 70 mph  :wink: The noise it made beneath my car was truly horrific and sh!t the life out of my girlfriend and son. I pulled over to retrieve it but the bastard thing is now smashed.  :sad:
It must have been due to the fact i haven't got my under full under engine cover attached at the moments due to doing some work recently and t6hen the fact it went into have the geometry set up on Saturday so I reckon one of the useless monkey twa@ts have knocked it loose.  :angry:

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #1097 on: 01 June 2011, 21:44 »
Still got this one though.  :smiley:

Offline VR6-Joe

• I live here
« Reply #1098 on: 01 June 2011, 21:46 »
Coming along nicely Mr Kells. Do miss my '3
Gone but not forgotten;
1983 Mk1 Golf GX - 1991 Mk2 Golf GTI - 1988 Scirocco Scala - 1989 Mk2 Golf CL - 1993 Mk3 Golf Ryder - 1996 Mk3 Golf SE - 1996 Mk3 Golf CL - 1995 Mk3 Golf GTI 16v - 1996 Mk3 Golf VR6 Highline - 2003 Saxo VTR - 1996 Mk3 Golf VR6

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #1099 on: 01 June 2011, 21:48 »
Joe - been a while mate, hope you are well..

all going well, glad you have seen this, was meaning to get in touch  :cool:

thai wronghorse, they seem to only fit with a little plastic pin those sump guards, i think if i use it i will fit it in place a better way

Not no ordinary GTI....

www.mixcloud.com/kells/