Author Topic: F17BAD G3 GTI. S3 TURBO  (Read 424963 times)

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
Re: KELLS, BLACK G3 GTI..
« Reply #1010 on: 24 May 2011, 23:43 »
Great to see progress dude :) hope all goes well!

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #1011 on: 25 May 2011, 09:07 »
Kells great to see progress mate.. coming along nicely.. i missed out on a BAM lump on the bay everything turbo ancillaries etc for £700  :angry: :angry:

What you could do if your worried about running shallow sump and running less oil etc.. why not just remove standard sump and get it plated up with some heavy duty stainless steel then atleast you know you wont crack the sump and will only take chunks out the plated area.. worth a thought  :smiley:

Dan

yeah this is a good idea, ill see what clearance is like ;-)

now need a pedal box from the valver, ts too much hassle removing the one from the ABF car i have because iv sold that car and the lad wants to keep it on the road. easiest way is to just buy another Pedal box so hope to sort that todaY!!   we can confirm they are deffo different on 8v and 16v cars, because theirs spot welds on my 8v one meaning you cant change bits on the box!

My K04 downpipe should arrive today as should my Jetex, and the Americans are making me up a Hiflow sports cat with provisions for my Lambda sensors, that should hit my house in about 10 days..

We have alot to do and it is stressfull, but i need this back on the road URGENT BASIS, we have planned to finish it the first week june.

got a twin fan rad prepaired also and thats going on the black car

other problems we have found is removing the post lambda from the donor cars Exhaust system!!! tried everything, does anybody know if i use my old gti one instead, will that be ok ? it has the same wires just a different conection for the loom but i could swap that easy enough ??

Next day working is saturday, need to fully finish removing bits from the ABF car, and get that off my drive and then prepair the Gearbox from that ready to go in my car, and also fit the new pedal box.. not sure if we will have time to trial fit the S3 lump in my bay like id hoped to

Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline tshirt2k

• I live here
  • Been there...Done that...
« Reply #1012 on: 25 May 2011, 11:09 »
What are you trying to do with the pedal box? I'm sure all mk3s have provisions to go hydro clutch without removing pedal box. Are you using a mk4 DBW pedal?

Remember this:

Quote from: rubjonny
you need to change:
clutch cable
flywheel
clutch
box
gear shifter & linkages

so its not gonna be a quick job, but entirely doable. the hydro and cable clutch pedal boxes are the same though, so that at least is an easy swap. unbolt hydro master cylinder, fit clutch cable, done.

« Last Edit: 25 May 2011, 11:12 by tshirt2k »

Mk3 ABF 16VT Megasquirt V3

Tshirt knows........ How to diagnose

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #1013 on: 25 May 2011, 12:16 »
using the Seat cupra R DBW pedal

my pedal box is a box section tack welded, its differentt o the one in my 16v car, ill let ben explain it when he come on here

the one in the 16v car has no spring on the clutch pedal, all other pedal boxes iv seen do have this, and to remove the pedal box looks a mare of a job, especially on the 16v car i have because i dont want to remove the engine..

i need to fit my old parts into the 16v car,, or at least cap of the hydro on that car and run cable..

Not no ordinary GTI....

www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline benvictors

• I live here
  • bgk Tuning - coming soon!!!
« Reply #1014 on: 25 May 2011, 13:06 »
pedalbox...
The 8v pedalbox has a bracket spot welded to it for support when the clutch is fully depressed, this bracket has a strut that runs straight across the centre of the hole for the hydro cylinder so without cutting this strut away you can not fit the cylinder. Cutting it away could cause a weakness in the frame of the pedalbox so isnt really an option, also the small square bracket that is on the side of the clutch pedal for the hydro rod is non existant on the 8v.
Whether VW changed this design in later cars i dont know but the box thats in the early spec 8v is definately a no go for the hydro set-up. I will try take some pics on the offending item tonite an post up so everyone can see what im taking about

Offline Dan_GTi8v

• I live here
« Reply #1015 on: 25 May 2011, 13:18 »
I used my 8v box just took the blank plate off and stuck the cylinder in there, put the clip on the back of the pedal and all was good. Guess I had it easier than I thought  :grin:

Which cat are you going for, the VR6 one with the flange?
20vt conversion, sig pic coming soon!

Build thread http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=167291.0

Offline benvictors

• I live here
« Reply #1016 on: 25 May 2011, 13:21 »
Yep, Theres no provision for the clip at all and where the blank plate is is where that strut runs, fecking ballache and more expense for Kells but we shall prevail ha ha

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #1017 on: 25 May 2011, 13:25 »
americans are making up the Cat to my spec. not pissing about...  No flange on mine that im having made up.

downpipe has arrived from trackslag, fully polished bad boy, much better than qpeng tat (their K04 ones are baba - the flexi part cant move so strains the welds)

Jetex cat back has arrived and so has some other bits

pedal box thing is on my mind.. f**ks sake lol :rolleyes: :grin:

Not no ordinary GTI....

www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #1018 on: 25 May 2011, 13:29 »
So it sounds like the early pedal box is different.

Would it be major work to fit the later box

Offline benvictors

• I live here
« Reply #1019 on: 25 May 2011, 13:47 »
Not MAJOR work, just a ballache, gotta drop the master cylinder in the bay and remove the steering rack from the cab. But, because we are putting the green machine back together we are gonna leave that pedalbox in situe to save time so need to source a valver/vr6 pedalbox.
As it happens it has made life a little easier for the DBW install cos i can integrate the bracket for it into the pedalbox whilst its off the car to get it perfect  :cool: