Author Topic: F17BAD G3 GTI. S3 TURBO  (Read 423850 times)

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
Re: KELLS, BLACK G3 GTI..
« Reply #940 on: 19 May 2011, 21:59 »
its a universal thing, iv already got it, gonna bolt it to that front cross member thing it will be at the bottom of the bumper in the misddle behind them fin things

mike waiting on a engine mount i was wrongly suplied, and deciding on ym exhaust / cat / downpipe set up

this weeknd sees us taking the bits off the valver i need and fitting to the black car, Hydro set up etc

also need to order some polly bushes and a gaitor thats split on my steering rack

Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #941 on: 19 May 2011, 22:03 »
Get the steering rack poly bushes, they make an awesome difference. If you can stitch weld the front wishbones while you have it all in bits as well.

Nick

Offline Dan_GTi8v

• I live here
« Reply #942 on: 19 May 2011, 22:12 »
is the fmic the universal 65mm thick ebay jobbie? I'm using this one, been looking for info tonight on ways to move the rad back on the drivers side as it just fouls the fmic by about 5mm or so, which causes it to push against the bumper and so you cant refit it without a lot of trimming. I had to cut all the fins out of mine and it still isnt enough :( Regretting doing it now and have just stuck some black mesh behind it for the time being, gonna have a go at moving the rad on the weekend
20vt conversion, sig pic coming soon!

Build thread http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=167291.0

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #943 on: 19 May 2011, 22:31 »
ill let you know how i get on with the intercooler and what i come up with need to switch this engine mount as iv been supplied the wrong part :rolleyes:, then i can do a trial fit

Nick will keep that in mind - nice one matey :cool:

Not no ordinary GTI....

www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #944 on: 20 May 2011, 00:00 »
If you can stitch weld the front wishbones while you have it all in bits as well.

Golf3 wishbones less in need of it, IIRC.

TBH having been round Leeds I wouldn't do it, as I'd want to deform a control arm before the sub-frame if I walloped a pothole.  :wink:

If I was re-bushing this car I'd go OEM TBH - poly don't last and often seem to squeak.  Not a good look if you is being a bad-a$$.
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #945 on: 20 May 2011, 00:07 »
I was always under the impression it was just the mk1's and 2's that needed beefing up in that department as well.

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #946 on: 20 May 2011, 00:15 »
Glad to see this finally underway Kells :afro: Looking forward to all the updates and pics  :smiley:

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #947 on: 20 May 2011, 10:30 »
cheers guys

DH, the lower suspension arm bushes are worn and a deffo mot fail, i was going to polly these, do you think OEM would be better option for this part ??

Not no ordinary GTI....

www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #948 on: 20 May 2011, 10:53 »
cheers guys

DH, the lower suspension arm bushes are worn and a deffo mot fail, i was going to polly these, do you think OEM would be better option for this part ??

I would run standard bushes.

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #949 on: 20 May 2011, 13:43 »

OEM will be better. 

You need to check with some ETKA fetishist to see if the TT bushes fit your control arms.  If they do they will be a better option than poly or OEM as they are solid rubber bonded to the outer and inner steel carriers.
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.