Author Topic: F17BAD G3 GTI. S3 TURBO  (Read 424715 times)

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
Re: KELLS, BLACK G3 GTI..
« Reply #640 on: 14 January 2011, 11:33 »
Not sure about the mapping side of it, but the only ones i like / have exp of are superchips and REVO so if i cant have superchips then its over to revo, Ill get well lane turbo centre to do it on the rollers, or their is a Revo / superchips dealer in Bradford and they have a rolling road too.
The last time i had my car chipped, well lane did it, they took the map off the car sent it to superchips, they did their thing and sent the new file back to well  lane, im not sure if this is the same with hybrid or not.
I really want the S3 lump APY or BAM, mite be cheaper to buy the whole car (seen them go for 3k) and take all the bits i need then sell the rest in bits to make some cash back
« Last Edit: 14 January 2011, 11:35 by F17BAD »

Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline Sam

• I live here
  • Sam I am
« Reply #641 on: 14 January 2011, 11:43 »
As far as Im aware hybrid mapping has to be done live then taken off, looked at, corrected and done again a few times to get it spot on cos all kinds of issues get thrown up.

The entire world is a Money Pit, you just have to pick yours.

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #642 on: 14 January 2011, 11:51 »
cheers for the heads up on this buddie, ill have to look into this :wink:

Not no ordinary GTI....

www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #643 on: 14 January 2011, 12:07 »
Caistor , iv spoke to my buddie who owns the turbo company, he said same re the mapping etc...   :wink:  he thinks i could see a extra 45 - 50 hp with the hybrid, what u think ?

Not no ordinary GTI....

www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #644 on: 14 January 2011, 12:10 »
There's a couple of hybrid KO3's running around and I think they're producing approx 250-270bhp depending on the other hardware mods - turbo back exhaust, FMIC etc etc

If you're doing this, then spend the money and do it all properly i.e with a spec and hardware that you're going to be happy with  :smiley:

No point putting on a piddly turbo if then in 12 months time you're craving more power

Offline Sam

• I live here
  • Sam I am
« Reply #645 on: 14 January 2011, 12:18 »
Caistor , iv spoke to my buddie who owns the turbo company, he said same re the mapping etc...   :wink:  he thinks i could see a extra 45 - 50 hp with the hybrid, what u think ?

No idea, have you even decided what size turbo you are gonna run and what boost presures? Are you determined to hit 250bhp? I would reccomend a set up like mine that has two maps, so you have say a 200bhp setting and a 250bhp setting thats changed by simply flicking a switch.

I think you need to re-arrange the prioritys of the engine swap to be honest. Decide what engine you want to run and dont change your mind or you will start to f**k things up. Then the hard part is custom on top. What turbo? what pressures? what intercooler? is that cooler too laggy or not cooling enough? what size injectors? what engine managment? will that suit both the turbo and engine? ect ect

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #646 on: 14 January 2011, 12:27 »
sorry buddie i failed to mention this is based on the S3 apy / Bam engine and K04 turbo, this is the one im really wanting to use, he calculated his sh!t on this turbo, and says he would rather do the work on it before the engine is installed to save ripping it all apart again

other than this i wanna keep everything standard as possible, i hear the compression of this engine is all good as are the injectors for what i want,  ? ? ?

intercoole riv already got size is length =  65CM approx and width is around the 7CM mark

Not no ordinary GTI....

www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline Sam

• I live here
  • Sam I am
« Reply #647 on: 14 January 2011, 12:34 »
Ok so its just mapping that needs sorting really, you and your mate need to sit down really and write a list out. Write it as if you are modding the audi to run at 250bhp. Will make things much simpler to work out in your head and think things through. The main problem for me when even thinking about running bigger power ect is that there is no base point as the car wasnt a turbo to start with so almost everything is custom. Which is a bit annoying

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #648 on: 14 January 2011, 12:43 »
I hear you matey 100%, he even said ill need to sit down with him, he is even happy to talk to the mapping people and give them all the calculations of the work he will have carried out on the turbo

I cant speak good enough words of this guy, offers a great service, even the Leeds VW dealership use him as the mk 5/6 TDI turbos are apparently pants!! (BKD engine codes)

cheers once again for your helpfull comments

Not no ordinary GTI....

www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline Adam

• Forum addict
« Reply #649 on: 14 January 2011, 12:48 »
I know what your saying about QPENG, mapping them is a pain. Hope Nick dosnt mind but this is what he sent me regarding the MBE 922.

The 992 ecu cannot be live mapped or traced as its the base unit (cheap one) the 992 offers direct mapping and logging, which mean running dyno run the real time data outputs can be read from the ecu and a log stored a bit like vagcom. When changes are needed to be made we can open up the correct map and make exact changes at points linked with tps/rpm of MAP/rpm the changes are made to the map area and then set to the ecu direct without turning the engine off, it takes around 15 secs from opening map to the affects changing the engine output.  Its a long wind way of mapping standalone ecu compared to OMEX where it can real time tace and emulate the eprom which means live map changes in real time.

I have mk1 golf in with ko3s and qpeng for mapping this week ( I will put pics on forum and rtech facebook tomorrow)  The stock map qpeng sent is piss poor IMO, the lower and of the TPS scale is wrong which causes a nasty bog down as the lightly press the gas.  So the first step is get the car running right and then map for power.   QPEng will give you the option to run a map sensor and closed loop boost control via the ecu, which aint worth the extra money, you best bet is to get a good electric boost controller to gain better boost control.  Its take around 3 to 4 days of on and off mapping the get it 100% due to AIT and coolant temp offset map which need setting up and testing at all temps.

The qpeng will only run closed loop lambda on idel so its a good idea to get a wideband air/fuel ratio gauge fitted to your dash.

Unless they are pulling something better ECU wise for the TFSI plug and play I would avoid the 922.

Down Hill From Here.