Author Topic: F17BAD G3 GTI. S3 TURBO  (Read 424747 times)

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
Re: KELLS, BLACK G3 GTI..
« Reply #590 on: 12 January 2011, 12:04 »
2.0T FSI conversion is back on the table and in my options list again, really keen on this engine and after speaking the Ben at  Qpeng iv found out they are releasing the kit in the next month or so to "plug and play"

Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #591 on: 12 January 2011, 12:15 »
Will this one include knock sensor use? I've always liked the idea of the qpeng for the 20vt conversions bu tthe lack of knock detection has always struck me as major weakness of their looms.

nick

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #592 on: 12 January 2011, 12:29 »
2.0T FSI conversion is back on the table and in my options list again, really keen on this engine and after speaking the Ben at  Qpeng iv found out they are releasing the kit in the next month or so to "plug and play"

Interesting, am I right in thinking you still need to raise fuel pressure etc.

Will this one include knock sensor use? I've always liked the idea of the qpeng for the 20vt conversions bu tthe lack of knock detection has always struck me as major weakness of their looms.

You share my view on qpang, no knock sensor is poor

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #593 on: 12 January 2011, 14:00 »
Guys these are all questions iv asked, im awaiting a response

Not no ordinary GTI....

www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #594 on: 12 January 2011, 14:58 »
I just got a reply, get the idea he didnt want to say much and the only thing he confirmed was that i could use my original dash and clocks etc, its it will be 100 % plug and play

Not no ordinary GTI....

www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #595 on: 12 January 2011, 15:04 »
Hummm sounds interesting. Will have to see how this develops. Could be tempted to FSI the MKII in a couple of years.

Nick

Offline danny_p

• Forum addict
« Reply #596 on: 12 January 2011, 15:10 »
you need a copy of elsa and wireing tools.  then just have it the ecu cracked.   the pl with skills managed to get past the immob some time ago 
all the VW's have gone bar 1.

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #597 on: 12 January 2011, 15:51 »
yeah i already know this, i dont have the skills and those that do are wanting silly money, thats the problem..

i like the FSI lump tho, very tempting to go for it even tho i really want factory management

Not no ordinary GTI....

www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #598 on: 12 January 2011, 16:48 »
my friend with the S3 came to see me this morning, says he is breaking the car in around a month. struck a deal on the engine, Gearbox, ECU, Clocks, Full looms, Front Breaks and anything else i need for the conversion all for 450 quid!  im well happy with that, its a 2001 bam engine with full audi history and 80k on the clock

just playing the waiting game now :cool:

jokes aside, its difficult to take this car out of use as i use it A LOT and for all my DJ work etc, conversion has to be done quickly, MOT is up in may so thats the latest the car will be off the road (coz it need the new rack to pass anyhow), then it needs to be back on the road ASAP on a urgent basis.

Well there's a year between the 2010 'expected date' and the new 2011 'expected date' so I guess we can expect a new mid-2012 'expected date' next January or thereabouts because you clearly neither have the balls, facilities, cash or any idea of how to complete either a 1.8T or 2.0TSI conversion.  You are all mouth and no trousers, or prove me wrong by completing the conversion.

You will now tell me I'm a farmer, who's arrogant, full of sh*t and go on about how your'e going to do this without actually taking any action whatsoever.  Are you afraid you'll chip the paint on your tugboat, or maybe damage and indicator repeater?

I also predict the posts outlining the above will appear to have been constructed by someone with a sub-normal grasp of the English language.

Porsche brakes my f*cking ar$e.
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #599 on: 12 January 2011, 18:30 »
Hows F uk off sound to you ?

Not no ordinary GTI....

www.mixcloud.com/kells/