Author Topic: F17BAD G3 GTI. S3 TURBO  (Read 424062 times)

kells

Re: KELLS, BLACK G3 GTI..
« Reply #510 on: 08 July 2010, 22:50 »
fair does. :cool: Just felt the need to stick up for us that soldier on with our stone age fuel injection systems and single figure valves :grin:

nick

LOL at the single fig valves part

:cool:

Offline jonnypolish

• I live here
  • t2871r needed :)
« Reply #511 on: 08 July 2010, 22:51 »
Nick has hit the nail on the head... Good lad :)

And Brad i look forward to it mate  :cool:
I'll make sure your BAM is in first before i come up!
 MK2 VR y0!

kells

« Reply #512 on: 08 July 2010, 22:53 »
Nick has hit the nail on the head... Good lad :)

And Brad i look forward to it mate  :cool:
I'll make sure your BAM is in first before i come up!

too right matey, had a drive of the doner car yesterday, pulls well, but crying out for a remap  :evil:

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #513 on: 08 July 2010, 23:02 »
when is combe then, whats the deal with it ? are you doing the track thing then i take it ?

Sat 24th July @ Castle Combe race circuit. It's a VW Driver Magazine trackday + Show. Passengers are £10 I think and you need a crash helmet (Motorbike ones are fine or you can hire one from the circuit). It's a fair old trek from your manor but if you do come down your welcome to a pax lap in the white heap.

Nick

kells

« Reply #514 on: 09 July 2010, 08:35 »
Ah cheers that's a really nice offer. I will certainly look into it even just for a nice long trip out  :grin:

Maybe convince the other half to come along, it all depends on what work I have on that weekend and how far from me it actually is

Cheers for that kind offer their Nick  :cool:

kells

« Reply #515 on: 09 July 2010, 08:51 »
220 miles each way Hmm :) Had a look on goolge earth on my phone  :evil:

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #516 on: 09 July 2010, 22:09 »
Loving the pics... that red Mk4 looks phat  :cool:  :tongue:

kells

« Reply #517 on: 09 July 2010, 23:54 »
Red mk 4 has had almost 30k spent on it.it's 400bhp and is for sale at 8k I think.

Offline jonnypolish

• I live here
  • t2871r needed :)
« Reply #518 on: 10 July 2010, 19:31 »
It's only 8k?!? You could strip it and sell it for a fair sized profit..
Brad... Buy it for me and i'll give you the monies  :laugh:

McClaren SLR discs with Ferrari calipers ALL round... Utter hype!
 MK2 VR y0!

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #519 on: 08 November 2010, 19:46 »
May aswell bump htis thread with recent happenings
Had a run in with a sainsburys truck who decided to pull out on me saying he didn’t see me, this resulted in this:

Was rather pissed off at this, but it was either a rim getting damaged or the whole side of the car...

i thought the rim was beyond repair, until i was put on to a guy over in York who races Porsches, i gave the guy a call thinking he would just say what i expected (na the wheels a right off) but instead he was very positive..

Needless to say, i got the wheel to him the same day, He checked to see if it was buckled or cracked, and found it was not, and the damage was just cosmetic (he told me that’s the beauty with Porsche rims – very well built and one of the strongest out their – Bonus!)
 2 days later he called me to say the rim had been re-welded and was perfect!!!  (Minus paint)

Which led me onto my next issue, the paint!, this was a one off mix,  the guys at my refurb place said they could just paint the outer rim on the damaged rim, but I was not happy with that idea in case the match was not perfect..

So.... I had all the wheels refurbished again in the same shade, with a little bit more flip to them this time, they came back looking  fooking amazing, here is a shot of the damaged rim fully repaired

I had already sourced a replacement rim (not a easy task with it been a well sought after 8j) thinking the damaged wheel  was going to be only good as a ornament, so I now have 5 rims all painted up, so I’ve got a spare stashed away..  Also got a paint code now so if anything like this happens (god forbid) again I won’t have to have all the wheels painted due to worrying about getting a match on the colour

Here is the car on the newly finished rims, (all my recent pics are actually of it on these as this all happened a few month back now)

Other small additions included me carbon wrapping my rear VW badge and a spare rear spoiler (which I didn’t like on my car so never fitted it in the end)

Here is the badge tho, I like it and it looks really good on the car seen as iv got carbon lettering on the number plates

That’s it for now, the car will be coming off the road around January time for engine work and other stuff.. so its all change for 2011.....

Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/