Author Topic: F17BAD G3 GTI. S3 TURBO  (Read 424613 times)

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
because the number is shorter and i dont like alot of blank plate if that makes sense, its still legal, you need to have at least 11mm round the edge of your lettering and iv more than that

plus i just prefere the look of it, looks a bit more mean :laugh: :cool:

fair enough bud.

btw, i need to sit in your seats, cause you just cant tell how good they are by looking at them! you got the heating elements wired in with the switches, etc yet?

kells

got all the heated elements working via a switch they came with which iv hidden as iv just put in the OEM loom, and dash switch, iv converted that to red illumination and its lit up, my electrician mate is coming friday this week or next to get the 2 loomes fused together so its working via the OEM switch :cool:

they get toasty warm tho its ace haha, and the seats are just soooo fookin good to sit in, these are like new as they have all brand new genuine Recaro bolsters and cusionings fitted. MJ is awesome, i get my rear headrests back this saturday too  :cool:

i just want the engine in the car now, then im just about happy

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
good sh!t :cool:

sounds right bud, a nice looking mint bay with a BAM sitting in the middle, and i'd say its done :afro:

Then mine would be the ghetto version of yours :D

kells

:grin: :grin: im liking that  :wink:

gonna go for a oem look in the bay i think.... just waiting on my mate with the S3, he just lost his job so hopefully this will speed him up  :laugh:

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
:grin: :grin: im liking that  :wink:

gonna go for a oem look in the bay i think.... just waiting on my mate with the S3, he just lost his job so hopefully this will speed him up  :laugh:

sounds good :afro:

What you doing about management and your clocks/dash, etc?

kells

at the moment (could change)  im going for full S3 set up, clocks loom, ecu etc, then a superchips remap and id be happy with that

my close firend owns his own turbo company so he is going to refurb and hybrid the turbo for cost price no labour so thats a bonus. Obviously will run a FMI behind the bumper painte dblack so its not noticable and will prob rock black silicone hoses so from the outside it looks like a normal GTI

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
at the moment (could change)  im going for full S3 set up, clocks loom, ecu etc, then a superchips remap and id be happy with that

my close firend owns his own turbo company so he is going to refurb and hybrid the turbo for cost price no labour so thats a bonus. Obviously will run a FMI behind the bumper painte dblack so its not noticable and will prob rock black silicone hoses so from the outside it looks like a normal GTI

OK, sounds good. Where you getting it done? I take it your going to make the engine look OEM too, with the cover, etc?

... and k04 hybrid :shocked: so you should be looking at 300+bhp

will we see a Quaife product find its way into your gearbox? oh and 02a or the s3 6 speed?

kells

not sure where to get it done, my mate say he can do it at his garage, they do alot of conversions, but i dunno if to go somewhere who has a rep for it then the car will be worth ££££££  if that makes sense

MJ who did my seats has connections with everyone and has sais he will speak to people for me, also he thinks i should rock the S3 box 6 speed.
i was originally gonna go with the 02A

OEM i think so with the cover etc, but you know me their may be polished metals their too, but they are hard to keep clean, whatever i do the car will be kept usable so it will be easy to sell on...  too many cars are too faffy which makes them un usable on a day to day basis

and yeah the turbo should help with power  :evil:

Offline VR6-Joe

• I live here
You work at Tesco but are you gonna scan doe :huh:?

LOVE this. Swap me your seats for a Cadburys creme egg :smiley:
Gone but not forgotten;
1983 Mk1 Golf GX - 1991 Mk2 Golf GTI - 1988 Scirocco Scala - 1989 Mk2 Golf CL - 1993 Mk3 Golf Ryder - 1996 Mk3 Golf SE - 1996 Mk3 Golf CL - 1995 Mk3 Golf GTI 16v - 1996 Mk3 Golf VR6 Highline - 2003 Saxo VTR - 1996 Mk3 Golf VR6

kells

who works at tesco?? get me one of the choc bunny things hahah

And make it 2 eggs and its a deal joe  :tongue: :evil: