Author Topic: F17BAD G3 GTI. S3 TURBO  (Read 422028 times)

Offline Andy-H

• I live here
Re: KELLS, BLACK OE+ EARLY G3 GTI.... F17 BAD :-)
« Reply #230 on: 27 December 2009, 22:11 »

aslong as you keep up to it, polishing is good, wouldnt want the full wheel doing but the rim is just ideal :) and looks cool as fook i think
Yeah, just been thinking about mine.......

Yours have a nice line to run the polishing to but mine would have to be polished too far in to look anything like  :sad:

Might have to go full colour and risk it for now  :sad:

I do have a mate who works in the vinyl graphic business that says he can sort me with some clear vinyl stretched over the lips to protect them a little so I'll have to go for that me thinks for now.

Do these HID's generate much heat etc.?? The Corrado lights are absolutely pants so looking at ways to improve them.
'95 Mystic blue Mk3 2.0l 8v - gone
'93 2.0l 16v Corrado - gone (and missed)
'02 A4 Quattro sport - gone
'91 Black 2.1 16v Corrado -gone
'91 Tornado red Mk2

kells

« Reply #231 on: 27 December 2009, 22:13 »
dont forget im runnig stretched rubber so my  outer rim is very exposed, you will prob be fine with full painted rims

HIDs are fantastic, not sure if they generate more heat, i had mine for over 2 year tho and love them, i know shady will be loving his too

might try the leds in the side lights, just not sure ?

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #232 on: 27 December 2009, 22:17 »
Oh yeah, defo loving mine. Almost like daylight lol. Look the shiz too! Heat isn't an issue I dont think, besides they is awesome lol!

Offline Matty-MK3

• I live here
  • Automatic boats FTW.
« Reply #233 on: 27 December 2009, 22:20 »
Try it see what you like.

This car is amazing. As Shady was saying I didn't really like the wheels reading through the thread (yes I read it all, does that make me sad? :grin:) and I first thought the older rims looked way better but they've really, really grown on me and your car's pretty damn perfect! :cool:

I quite like the sidelights now, different, contrast etc. I think you should try orange and white. :grin: Actual orange bulbs though, they look cool and are legal.

Try all different kinds mate see what you like best!

Real inspiration dude and this car looks far better to me then all these cars with thousands spent on body work, smooth bumpers and all that, although I like the plate recess removed.

Simple, you've changed wheels, and headlights, rest is OEM (I know you've got parts from other MK3's) but the OEM look is looking absolutely fantastic. :cool:

Oh and HID's run cooler then halogen, I've taken mine out though. Illegal and all that. :lipsrsealed:
Golf MK3 1.8 auto and I didn't pay a grand for the "priveledge" :grin:, auto windows all round and a AC. Oh and I've got a luggage net you pricks!

Does that make my willy look bigger?

Oh yeah it's called Helda or something....

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #234 on: 27 December 2009, 22:23 »
Just seen your sig Matty, lmfao! Defo agree about the wheels growing on you, I still wouldn't do it myself because I'm a BBS whore but still would say no to this :)

Offline Matty-MK3

• I live here
  • Automatic boats FTW.
« Reply #235 on: 27 December 2009, 22:28 »
Just seen your sig Matty, lmfao! Defo agree about the wheels growing on you, I still wouldn't do it myself because I'm a BBS whore but still would say no to this :)

I like variety in wheels. Might get some OEM BBS for mine and some coilovers but might sell it and either buy a MK2 GTi but cars like these are making me love MK3's again. :cool: Newer more practical and all that.

Yes my cock is bigger then yours. :tongue:

Jibe and Mr Nosh on the forum. :grin:
Golf MK3 1.8 auto and I didn't pay a grand for the "priveledge" :grin:, auto windows all round and a AC. Oh and I've got a luggage net you pricks!

kells

« Reply #236 on: 27 December 2009, 22:29 »
CHEERS Matty  :wink:

nail on head regarding the  reference to cars with ££££ spend on bodywork and daft mods

i like the mk 3 as it is standard so just wanted to build on that ever so slightly, i spend alot of time keeping this car looking good, and it shows, if i could only somehow show you lot just how much attention it gets when im out in it, i mean from standard joe public too who aint into cars, it gets alot of respect.

its my fave golf iv ever had, most people get carried away with mods and forget why they bought it in the first place, less is more when it comes to modifying a golf in my opinion, especially with the mk 3...

kells

« Reply #237 on: 27 December 2009, 22:31 »
oh and shady you already know i like the bbs type, and yours are prob the best iv seen on here, not as much a fan of the annie rims, id prefere yours to them :cool:

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #238 on: 27 December 2009, 22:40 »
oh and shady you already know i like the bbs type, and yours are prob the best iv seen on here, not as much a fan of the annie rims, id prefere yours to them :cool:

Cheers pal :) I'm gonna get some pics up with the lights soon :) and yeah RXs are much better than RXIIs haha! I'm just a BBS whore, love the OEM look, mines highly based on yours as you know Kells, especially the rear lights :)

Offline Matty-MK3

• I live here
  • Automatic boats FTW.
« Reply #239 on: 27 December 2009, 22:41 »
CHEERS Matty  :wink:

nail on head regarding the  reference to cars with ££££ spend on bodywork and daft mods

i like the mk 3 as it is standard so just wanted to build on that ever so slightly, i spend alot of time keeping this car looking good, and it shows, if i could only somehow show you lot just how much attention it gets when im out in it, i mean from standard joe public too who aint into cars, it gets alot of respect.

its my fave golf iv ever had, most people get carried away with mods and forget why they bought it in the first place, less is more when it comes to modifying a golf in my opinion, especially with the mk 3...

Yeah, I like all the Golf's for the Golf's. I quite like the MK3's shape, and I think you've personallised it just enough. :cool: