Author Topic: F17BAD G3 GTI. S3 TURBO  (Read 422346 times)

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
Re: KELLS, BLACK OE+ EARLY G3 GTI.... F17 BAD :-)
« Reply #220 on: 27 December 2009, 21:47 »
Loving those pictures my man, I know I didn't take too kindly to the wheels but seriously, looks immense :)

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #221 on: 27 December 2009, 21:48 »

:laugh: :kiss:

kells

« Reply #222 on: 27 December 2009, 21:51 »
Loving those pictures my man, I know I didn't take too kindly to the wheels but seriously, looks immense :)

aww cheers matey, nice of you to say  :wink:

chuff, think ill have to get myself a set of those for the beast haha  :)

on a serious tip, my rims are my fave bit, i lurrrve them so much, i know theirs a few folk out their who are not into porker rims but these just do it for me on this car  :cool:

Offline Andy-H

• I live here
« Reply #223 on: 27 December 2009, 21:51 »
cheers dude   :wink:

next job is to get the outer rim of the wheels polished :)

Those wheels look Mint as they are buddy. Are you going to re-laquer over the polishing when you do it or just protect them??
'95 Mystic blue Mk3 2.0l 8v - gone
'93 2.0l 16v Corrado - gone (and missed)
'02 A4 Quattro sport - gone
'91 Black 2.1 16v Corrado -gone
'91 Tornado red Mk2

kells

« Reply #224 on: 27 December 2009, 21:57 »

Those wheels look Mint as they are buddy. Are you going to re-laquer over the polishing when you do it or just protect them??

they do look mint as they are yes, im just thinking a polished lip is better for me as they are exposed, so far so good and no damage but the rims stick out alot which looks cool, but its also possible they will pic up stone chips (had this on previous rims) and if i have a polished lip i can just re polish myself easy, same if they suffor the dreaded curb (prob wont as im ultra carefull)

its just this car is a daily driver, used every day com,e rain or shine...  the lip would be bare with no laquer as this way its easier to keep up to them, if the laquer goes then the rim gets fooked quick stylee..

also a polished lip will match the polished centre caps, again these are bare polished non laquerd, i treat them every week cwith jetseal and wax :)

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #225 on: 27 December 2009, 22:00 »
As I said man, seriousy am loving it, the colour and everything. I'm sporting HIDs now too  :lipsrsealed: gonna change the inner lamps bulbs to white though.

Offline Andy-H

• I live here
« Reply #226 on: 27 December 2009, 22:01 »

they do look mint as they are yes, im just thinking a polished lip is better for me as they are exposed, so far so good and no damage but the rims stick out alot which looks cool, but its also possible they will pic up stone chips (had this on previous rims) and if i have a polished lip i can just re polish myself easy, same if they suffor the dreaded curb (prob wont as im ultra carefull)

its just this car is a daily driver, used every day com,e rain or shine...  the lip would be bare with no laquer as this way its easier to keep up to them, if the laquer goes then the rim gets fooked quick stylee..

also a polished lip will match the polished centre caps, again these are bare polished non laquerd, i treat them every week cwith jetseal and wax :)

Cunning plan  :wink:

I'm having mine refurbed soon and as mine is a daily I get what you mean about the day to day fatigue  :sad:

Nice to get other peoples ideas of how to deal with the issues  :wink:
'95 Mystic blue Mk3 2.0l 8v - gone
'93 2.0l 16v Corrado - gone (and missed)
'02 A4 Quattro sport - gone
'91 Black 2.1 16v Corrado -gone
'91 Tornado red Mk2

kells

« Reply #227 on: 27 December 2009, 22:02 »
As I said man, seriousy am loving it, the colour and everything. I'm sporting HIDs now too  :lipsrsealed: gonna change the inner lamps bulbs to white though.

cheers mate :cool:

hids in the hellas are soooo good aint they..i could not be with out them now

i was gonna change the inner sidelights to leds, but i was worried it might be chavvy??  what does everyone think????   was trying to keep a oem feel as my mk 4 has factory hids and sidelights like wats in my mk 3

kells

« Reply #228 on: 27 December 2009, 22:04 »

Cunning plan  :wink:

I'm having mine refurbed soon and as mine is a daily I get what you mean about the day to day fatigue  :sad:

Nice to get other peoples ideas of how to deal with the issues  :wink:

aslong as you keep up to it, polishing is good, wouldnt want the full wheel doing but the rim is just ideal :) and looks cool as fook i think

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #229 on: 27 December 2009, 22:08 »

cheers mate :cool:

hids in the hellas are soooo good aint they..i could not be with out them now

i was gonna change the inner sidelights to leds, but i was worried it might be chavvy??  what does everyone think????   was trying to keep a oem feel as my mk 4 has factory hids and sidelights like wats in my mk 3

I dunno how I was without them now either haha, very very much improved, no problems with beam either which is all good. I was thinking LED bulbs too but I spoke to Adam and he said they cause mist up inside or something which didn't sound good. I don't think it would be chavvy, but would rather bulbs instead to keep the main focus on the HIDs.