Author Topic: F17BAD G3 GTI. S3 TURBO  (Read 422720 times)

Offline westfield

• Here all the time
Re: KELLS, BLACK OE+ EARLY G3 GTI
« Reply #40 on: 12 April 2008, 20:47 »
Looking good KELLS will lookout 4 you Tomorrow if your at Pod??

kells

« Reply #41 on: 13 April 2008, 15:44 »
Noticed those but from experience I'll hold out for OEM VW.

One came up on eBay the other week but I missed it!

Still tied up with panel prepping for now though! :wink:

yeah you do right matey

im toying with what to do next/first, either full respray or 20vt or some other things???

hahaha :grin:

kells

« Reply #42 on: 13 April 2008, 15:45 »
Looking good KELLS will lookout 4 you Tomorrow if your at Pod??

Yo matey hows things?

no way would i have made pod, was dj'ing at an illegal do last night and so far iv had zero sleep!! hope the day was good tho?????

:cool:

kells

« Reply #43 on: 05 May 2008, 16:50 »
not had much time on the golf at the minute due to working on the jap car and organising some events, but iv been trying to decide what to do witht he rear lights, i actually really liken the standard smoked gti lights so i decided to mod them slightly yet keep the much needed OE look, so i bought a second set of rear lights off the bay, won them for 8 quid...good result i thought and means i can save my original gti lights in standard form in case i need them for mot which tbh i very much doubt as these ones iv modded shine orange perfect, just as though it came from the factory like this..

looks loads better i think
« Last Edit: 05 May 2008, 16:57 by kells »

Offline mark3valver

• Here all the time
« Reply #44 on: 05 May 2008, 17:06 »
looking good, really like the back - tinted just enough to look oem but not too much!!!

do the 20VT before a respray, looking cool is no where near as fun as going fast imo

:grin:

want a pair of raceland buckets with model specific subframes for £150 delivered? go here

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=83910.0

kells

« Reply #45 on: 05 May 2008, 17:10 »
looking good, really like the back - tinted just enough to look oem but not too much!!!

do the 20VT before a respray, looking cool is no where near as fun as going fast imo

:grin:

thanx dude, and yeah i think its just right and keeps the OE look as i need with this car (the only way with a mk 3 in my opinion)

and as for the conversion, i think you could be right hahaha

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
« Reply #46 on: 05 May 2008, 23:03 »
did you use tinting spray?? as i want red and black and was thinking of buying some normal mk3 lights and tinting the indicator area
Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)

Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk

kells

« Reply #47 on: 05 May 2008, 23:13 »
yeah i did, used the E-tech brand kit, smoked is the colour i used, but if you look at my thread with swift pics, i converted those lights to all red using a red tint kit, work well, the ones on my golf illuminate as good as they do from the factory but the red on the swifts indicator part needed green bulbs to make illuminate orange through the red if this makes sense lol

i also toyed with the idea of using standard mk 3 lenses, they can be had for next to nothing too

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
« Reply #48 on: 05 May 2008, 23:17 »
I will look into that e-tech stuff.... whre did you buy it from? and how much?

here's my idea...smoke the indicators and reverse light area keeping the red bottom...should be cheap and match my motors colours?

Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)

Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk

kells

« Reply #49 on: 05 May 2008, 23:23 »
thats exactly what i was gonna do if i went down the standard non gti lense route, will look good i think, a bit like mk 2 16v lamps which i always liked

got the kit here, its not the cheepest tint on the market but for a few quid more than cheepo stuff its well worth it as its high quality and you also get the remover with it.

http://search.stores.ebay.co.uk/Waxacar-Car-Styling-01928-581284_light-tinting_W0QQfciZ6QQfclZ4QQfsnZWaxacarQ20CarQ20StylingQ2001928Q20581284QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQfsubZ0QQsaselZ28857359QQsofpZ0

iv got around 4 or 5 light ish coats on mine to get them how mine look now, bearing in mind the standard gti lights are smoked a tad already