Author Topic: F17BAD G3 GTI. S3 TURBO  (Read 422722 times)

kells

Re: KELLS, BLACK OE+ EARLY G3 GTI
« Reply #30 on: 27 March 2008, 21:36 »
Thats crazy the first one I got (off ebay) fiited straight on?

What's stopping it fitting? I'll try & get the part no. off mine if that'll help?

Really want a magnex exhaust or at least one like that - the DTM is getting boring, pretty damn loud!

Really like it it dude, looks good! :smiley:

it has the copper ring missing on the one i have, and also the wire that connects to the horn push!!, apparently u take this bit off the airbag steering wheel and attach it to the boss!

on my car you need the boss which is for  non airbag model, it has the copper ring and wire for horn, plus the tab that cancels the indicators

i also had one sent which isnt even a momo but was in a momo box with the mk 3 part number...turns out its actually a mountney boss for a mk 2!!! kid is refunding me tho..

kells

« Reply #31 on: 27 March 2008, 21:36 »
car looks mint  :cool:

love the interior mods :afro:

cheers dude :wink: :cool:

kells

« Reply #32 on: 28 March 2008, 18:32 »
went to my mum and dads today...been getting moaned at a little due to me taking over the garage to store cars and things for my cars haha

whilst their i got the anniversary front fogs on, all genuine from the main dealer, before i fitted them iv sealed all the joins so they will never leak...they are notorious for that as any mk 3 owner will know!

i also ditched the orange indicator bulbs in favour of some silver ones so theirs no trace of orange on the front end :wink: :cool:

here u can see the indicators flash orange still with these bulbs in

fitted the spec r battery cover i got from a geezer on here

then cleaned my mothers car for her whilst i was their, although it rained so it was a waste of time!

will give the golf a full clean tomo...if the rain holds off that it!

Offline Neaty

• Forum addict
« Reply #33 on: 28 March 2008, 22:29 »
look good there kells...the mk3, not the ka  :grin:

kells

« Reply #34 on: 28 March 2008, 23:11 »
look good there kells...the mk3, not the ka  :grin:

haha cheers neaty :cool:

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
« Reply #35 on: 29 March 2008, 00:13 »
will be better to see yours and richies in the flesh tho on sunday!! best give mine a clean at some point... need to get some gleaming black mk3 photos.. :wink:
Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)

Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk

Offline eightyeightmph

• I live here
« Reply #36 on: 31 March 2008, 10:19 »
will be better to see yours and richies in the flesh tho on sunday!! best give mine a clean at some point... need to get some gleaming black mk3 photos.. :wink:

Would be awesome to meet up with you guys, have all the MK3's together for a few pics (& grab Kells to get my LED's done :tongue: ) maybe later on in the year?

Love the Ani fogs dude, look like my ones - german made but not OEM - I sealed them before I fitted but one STILL fogs up, so that's going to be done again!!

Missed out on that engine tray on fleabay, will have to keep my eyes peeled for one!

What's under the sheet then?? :grin:
2016 GOLF GTD

kells

« Reply #37 on: 31 March 2008, 17:19 »

Would be awesome to meet up with you guys, have all the MK3's together for a few pics (& grab Kells to get my LED's done :tongue: ) maybe later on in the year?

Love the Ani fogs dude, look like my ones - german made but not OEM - I sealed them before I fitted but one STILL fogs up, so that's going to be done again!!

Missed out on that engine tray on fleabay, will have to keep my eyes peeled for one!

What's under the sheet then?? :grin:

yeah i sealed mine in a big way hahah just to be sure, not fogged up once yet and they no way will haha

a meet is deffo on the cards too matey, we will have to sort it out :wink:

under the sheet lies the swift GTI :cool:

deffo love the look of the front with the annie fogs etc, much better.., oh and iv noticed some copy engine covers on the bay at around 37 quid, (200 quid at the dealer for the VAG version like mine) now im not sure on the fit of them or the material either but its a option if u get desperate, the material does not look as flexible on the copy tho...

kells

« Reply #38 on: 12 April 2008, 16:35 »

Noticed a nasty little oil leak from the rocker cover which was getting worse and i was getting sick of wiping it every day so i decided to give the old girl a new one...

quick call to my contact at the dealers and i had the new gasket....

in between it pissing it down i got car in bits

and the old gasket of the lump

which turns out to be a non genuine part at closer inspection!

anyhow, ten mins later she is all back together but i noticed a split on the underside of the breather pipe marked with a GREEN "X"

so i now need to replace this part, iv put a small amount of silicone on it for now till i get back to the dealers, i must say this breather pipe is very thin rubber!

more mods coming soon :)

Offline eightyeightmph

• I live here
« Reply #39 on: 12 April 2008, 20:37 »
Noticed those but from experience I'll hold out for OEM VW.

One came up on eBay the other week but I missed it!

Still tied up with panel prepping for now though! :wink:
2016 GOLF GTD