Author Topic: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread  (Read 792796 times)

Offline jivemonkey

• Here all the time
Re: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread
« Reply #390 on: 27 January 2014, 10:37 »
Can anyone post screen shots of 42 and 52 door 5Q0 959 593 A and 5Q0 959 592 A.

because the 12.12 englisch version of my kabel give no text of the byte and bit.

maybe i can check here to change somthing

Hi cebbes30 - you seem to have a lot of problems!

I checked mine and the puddle lights in the mirrors will stay on longer than the other CH lights, have you tried waiting and seeing if they go off after some time delay? I see no reason why they would stay on if the code you changed has been put back to how it was.

Golf VII GTD | 5dr DSG | Deep Pearl Black | Dynaudio | Winter Pack | High Beam Assist | "Advanced" Phone Prep

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #391 on: 27 January 2014, 10:46 »
Cebbes30: As Jivemonkey said, if you enable the puddle lights to stay on irrespective on whether the mirrors are folded or not (by deactivating Byte 1 - Bit 5 for each door module), then the light do stay on for about 5 seconds or so longer than the CH lights, then slowly extinguish. This is a mod I have done and had no problems at all with the lights not turning them self off after this time.

The reason you are not seeing any descriptions next to the bits in the official 12.12 VCDS software is that Ross Tech haven't added the descriptions to the label files yet for the English speaking versions. In Germany, it seems someone has done much more work on the label files and translated a lot of them (strangely into English not German). I managed to locate a Germany version of the 12.12 software from a German VCDS authorised dealer and downloaded the software and now run it in tandem with the 12.12 English version on my netbook and it has the descriptions next to most of the bytes and bits in each door control module.
« Last Edit: 27 January 2014, 10:48 by Sootchucker »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline jivemonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #392 on: 27 January 2014, 10:54 »
I had noticed that there were some screenshots knocking around the web with labels for the door controllers..is there anything of an use in there? Might have to try get my hands on that software, wondering if they have further labels for infotainment..still not found anything on displaying fan level!
Golf VII GTD | 5dr DSG | Deep Pearl Black | Dynaudio | Winter Pack | High Beam Assist | "Advanced" Phone Prep

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #393 on: 27 January 2014, 11:05 »
The information electronics is one area where they don't seem to have done much work (unfortunately).

For info, I downloaded my software from here:

www.vcdspro.de/downloads
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline cebbes30

• Not said much yet
« Reply #394 on: 27 January 2014, 11:57 »
I have indeed kind of problems, thats happen when you build everthing by your self.  :rolleyes:

Rainsensor, Coming Home leaving home, folded mirrors, fog lights, Alarm Plus and inside mirror blended..

Byte 1 bit 5 enable or disable somtimes like today the lights stay on, i Have wait 5 minutes after that i have unlock en lock again,then the lights go off.

I think its have to do with byte and bit but where can i check.

Offline jivemonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #395 on: 27 January 2014, 12:04 »
Are you saying that when you unlock the car the puddle lights come on and do not go off? As my mirrors are folded out when I unlock my car in the daytime, I do not know whether they come on or not. If they do, I imagine they go off when the ignition is turned on. I will check and revert back!

The only place I know this is done is where you changed, byte 1 bit 5.

Offline cebbes30

• Not said much yet
« Reply #396 on: 27 January 2014, 12:20 »
No, when I lock the car the puddle lights stay on.

This was my basic code for the doors

42 door 003002208000020000001000
52 door 003000208E00020000801000

with this basic code a managed to recode the mirrors.

Byte 1 bit 0 enables the puddle lichts in the mirrors.

But i dont now wich byte and bit has enable the folding of the mirror because i see no text.

its working with the switch olso with the remote control I can fold the mirror.

If I have the text behind the bytes en bit i can check it out.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #397 on: 27 January 2014, 12:32 »
Check out the German version of the VCDS software I linked to above. It has all the bytes labelled in English for you in both door controllers.

Offline noobmonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #398 on: 27 January 2014, 12:42 »
good find soot, might give that a go tonight :) (Is it worth using this software as an alternate download - rather than pointing at the ross tech stuff?
VW Golf MK7 GTD Manual 5DR Pure White

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #399 on: 27 January 2014, 12:50 »
Probably not pal as a most of it is German - so the main screen with the modules etc - is all listed in German. Great if you speak the language, not so good if you don't.

That's why I was so surprised that the door controller Bytes were translated in English and not German ?